Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Gimbal Improvements?
1412 4 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

So can someone who has used one comment on the Air gimbal?   The one thing I absolutely despise about my Mavic Pro is the gimbal.  It's too fragile, horizon issues, calibration not level, etc.   Did they fix these issues with the Air?   Does the gimbal cal level and stay level?   Is it super easy to break and cause jello?

LP
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mavic Air has a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, with its angular vibration range reduced to 0.005°. Set in a triangular formation, gimbal dampeners help create even steadier shots. Jello issue has an improvement. Thank you for your attention.
2018-1-25
Use props
ImpStore
lvl.1
United States

First impressions are great, still small but seems a lot more robust. The Gimbal Lock is way superior too.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Never had any issue with the gimbal on the mavic pro. Though i agree it's extremely fragile and hate the fact that its hanging there with just tiny rubber bands

It seems the gimbal on the spark and mavic air is more secured like the ones on the phantom using round rubber dampeners:

2018-2-1
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep .. it's the MP gimbal fragility, the calibration and horizon issues, that darn clamp, the fact that it can't be replaced easily...all of that is a non-starter in my next drone.

LP
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules