4931 12 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Birdyflymore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57287 ft
Australia

Hello,

I’m excited about DJI Mavic Air, having owned DJI spark, I am keen to know the capabilities of DJI Mavic Air Active Track feature. DJI Spark is pretty limited, both in speed, capabilities and accuracy.

I would love to know how good you have found DJI Mavic Air, how good it is, how fast it can track and distance, especially compared to the Spark and Pro. For me, that is one of the main things holding me back upgrading to the Mavic Air.

Also, noise, how does it compare to the Spark? The Spark is quite Buzzy and in my opinion more noticeable and noisier than the Pro in the air,  Mavic Air louder than the Spark?

Thanks
Glenn

2018-1-25
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Active Track has always been very glitchy even on the Mavic Pro and Platinum. Don't buy the Mavic Air hoping that the Active Track will be useful or even usable.

2018-1-25
Use props
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also very cuirious to know how the sound level of the Spark and Mavic Air compare. I have heard a Spark and was impressed with the low sound level.
2018-1-25
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-25 19:02
Active Track has always been very glitchy even on the Mavic Pro and Platinum. Don't buy the Mavic Air hoping that the Active Track will be useful or even usable.

Dunno mate, they say they have new algorithms and stuff???? Proof will be in the pudding.
2018-1-25
Use props
Birdyflymore
lvl.2
Australia

richparry Posted at 2018-1-25 22:46
I am also very cuirious to know how the sound level of the Spark and Mavic Air compare. I have heard a Spark and was impressed with the low sound level.

The spark, whilst not noisey, it is more buzzy, higher pitch so tends to be much more noticeable and stands out from the Pro from my experience. The pro can tend to blend into back ground noise where the spark is obviously buzzy and much more present. It seems the Mavic Air shares the same sound as the spark which is a shame.
2018-1-26
Use props
stfnm
New

Sweden

I would also like to know if the Active Track now, for the Air, will be capable of following skiers down a slope or mountain?
2018-1-27
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Unlikely seeing as the new avoidance can go around or over an object. Seems DJI has a safety fear of downwards.
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some more honest reviewers on YT have stated that the Air is louder than the MP and 10db louder than the MPP. In fact, it's louder than the Spark which surprised me.
Active Track on the air is suppose to be the best yet as you don't need to highlight your subject and it can track two subjects moving in tandem etc - we'll see soon enough.
2018-1-28
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

I was hoping the new APAS would work with the activetrack but it seems this useful implementation of it has not been made. My biggest issue with the Mavic Pro's activetrack is it just stops if I go out of sight momentarily so the new APAS would fix that or at least give the drone a much better chance of being able to continue tracking.
2018-1-29
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-25 19:02
Active Track has always been very glitchy even on the Mavic Pro and Platinum. Don't buy the Mavic Air hoping that the Active Track will be useful or even usable.

I have made a lot of great stuff with ActiveTrack on my Spark. Worked allways OK for me.

2018-1-29
Use props
Birdyflymore
lvl.2
Australia

Good footage
2018-2-2
Use props
Birdyflymore
lvl.2
Australia

I read on dronedj web site that the DJI Spark has follow me mode where it would follow the remote controller. I owned the spark and never knew this was the case, I never knew is would follow the remote. Will DJI reintroduce this feature for the Mavic Air in a firmware update as it would be the icing on the cake?.

I tried Active Track with the Air today, trying to follow a child on a bike and had very poor success, however, I am blaming user error for now as it obviously seems to work from what i can tell from other you tube bloggers.

If you have had success keen to hear about it. However, what I want to see if DJI firmware update for follow me mode with the remote.

2018-2-4
Use props
Birdyflymore
lvl.2
Australia

Anyone know if DJI will add the Follow Me feature to DJi Mavic air? The missing link in the features of the very great drone. Follow the controller with out the need of active track would put the icing on the cake in my opinion.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules