2134 44 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

sica Posted at 2018-1-26 07:41
there are enough drone videos on youtube that have a very poor processor but have GPS and barometer. Costs 100..200 $ and after they take off only a few meters with wind very easy they get crazy and do not have direction .. barely can be controlled from RC ... etc. Let's be serious ! MP is a miracle of technique (I mean drone) and nothing is useless from all the electronics that equips it !!!

That is not really correct. I have a DJI F450 that I built with a DJI Naza-M V2 controller and it is extremely stable with or without the gps.
2018-1-26
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-26 15:14
You're telling me I can remove the cooling fan and 20 CPUs with debug mode in assistant 2? WOW I didn't knew that...

I thought you where being serious...
Sarcasm get's you know where

No I said "change" not "remove"
2018-1-27
Use props
FastLife1K
lvl.1
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-27 04:17
I thought you where being serious...
Sarcasm get's you know where

I'm with you. Seems like the solution to OPs problem can be done with a software modification. No need to remove the CPUs and fan since they wont really affect the battery performance that much if they are off. Plus, you will never know when you might want to turn them on later and use them.
2018-1-27
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

The multiple cpu's are all in the one chip, smaller than your 4 core cpu in an old laptop. The weight of the chip would be a few grams at most.
When functions are not buing used the cpu's go idle or reduce power consumption.

The big power killer are the 4 motors attached to your props!
2018-1-27
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst the bare bones line makes sense, anyone who wants serious acrobatic performance from a quadcopter, can buy any number of quads that are available via HK websites for reasonable money.  Where DJI may be able to get some traction, is a receiver line to allow the Controller to interface to the flight controller.  But suspect the sales numbers involved, won't return enough profit to invest in this, unless they push this to the NAZA line of FC's

If bare bones was to be pursued, you could do...
1) Light frame, possible with the folding know how
2) Mechanical gimbal, with option to lock it off or simply remove it / not include it.
3) No OA, bar maybe sonar ground sensor where barometer is ineffective
4) Open frame so other camera gear can be used, such as the homebrew FPV systems.
5) Controller choices will be an issue as this could then be the "rough" quadcopter to learn / play with and the nicer ones the video platforms.

They could then reuse their previous NAZE controllers and invested tooling to put something together as a kids version, like the Tello for the "toys" section.  Think a drone that can interface with any DJI Wifi based controller but is cheap enough to not worry if this thing take a bash or five.

2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules