2328 32 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

does anyone know a way to stop the vision camera from going to the fully down position when I power on the craft, ive done all the calibrations etc\
2015-4-25
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Need more info. Like when it first started and why. Was it after and upgrade or a crash etc. Detail help for resolution and diagnostics.
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Crash,
Which Phantom do you have and which camera?
Is the camera otherwise completely responsive to the controls once you power up?
2015-4-25
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Are you running the latest firmware ?
I seem to remember my V+ doing that when I first got it, but for ages now it starts at 45' degrees, so it may have changed in one of the updates ?
2015-4-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry was a quick post before heading to the pub

Phantom Vision stock unit,
Firmware 3.12

The camera works fine, no issues, its just bloody annoying having to put the camera back up to horizontal before flying.

I had the standard TX unit with tilt lever and it did it with that, cant actually remember if it did it from new, I now have the new TX with gimbal wheel and it does it with that.

Im sure that its not the TX as the quad moves the camera when powered on even if the TX is off

I read somewhere that doing a calibration would fix it but I tried that with no change.

Like I said its more of an annoyance than anything else.

Anyone with a Phantom Vision tell me if theres does the same

thanks so far

2015-4-25
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

In assistant you can in "advanced" >"gimbal" set the home position of gimbal.
2015-4-25
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Not on the Vision + you cant, no gimbal tab, not sure about the Vision...
2015-4-25
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-26 03:33
Not on the Vision + you cant, no gimbal tab, not sure about the Vision...

Thats why i tell how i do it on Vision  
2015-4-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nope don't see a tab on my gimbal settings for "Home Position"

Perhaps you could send a screen shot of what you mean,

Here is mine

I have the pitch minimum set to -500 to stop the camera from going to far up and getting the dreaded prop in shot situation, I have however set the defaults and it makes no difference.

All I have

2015-4-26
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-26 17:38

Perhaps you could send a screen shot ...

Try doing the calibration in this post without being connected to the computer.  Then do the RC cal and the Assist cal.  See if that helps.
2015-4-26
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'll try it, however the camera moves even if the transmitter is of, so not sure if it will help
2015-4-26
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I have a vision and it does the same thing. Camera goes to full down when started. I think its "normal". Ive learned to level it before each flight.
2015-4-26
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So its a vision thing Thanks David for clearing that up
2015-4-26
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-26 17:38

Perhaps you could send a screen shot ...

Mine looks a Little different, but read pos. 3 in text, from your screenshot, it tells how.
2015-4-27
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-27 04:09
So its a vision thing Thanks David for clearing that up

Crash & David,

This is not a Vision thing. I have the Vision v3 and mine goes to a level plane. The view on start-up should be looking forward with the camera leveled and centered. Mine is off a bit due to a bent gimbal. I'm not sure what to tell you to do but the camera should not be looking straight down.

Jerry
2015-4-27
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Oh boy just when I thought I had the answer, Cheers Jerry, ive now got to hope someone comes along with an answer.

BWj ive tried playing with the midpoint settings but it doesnt make any difference.

Im sure it didnt do this when I first got it, as ive looked back through videos and I dont remember having to correct it.
2015-4-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just been playing around and here are my findings

If i set the TX to basic, the quad no longer moves the camera down, if i set it to upgrade then the camera moves on power up.

Even if the TX is off and is set as upgrade version the camera moves down.

Jerry do you have the basic controller on your vision ?
2015-4-28
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I have two Phantom 2 Vision plus and both camera on startup are angled down not full down but more like 45-55 degrees. Can't find any place in software to modify the start up angle. Good question to hit support with!
2015-4-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Support ?? so I ask them and they tell me its faulty and to send it back.. no thanks , mind you its worth a try.
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-29 05:22
Just been playing around and here are my findings

If i set the TX to basic, the quad no longer move ...

Crash,

No, I have the RE-700 not the 500. Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about the 500. I did pick up a second RE-700 on Amazon for $99. I thought it was worth it. Hell, I paid $119 for a gimbal arm!

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-30 04:31
Support ?? so I ask them and they tell me its faulty and to send it back.. no thanks , mind you it ...

Crash,

Did you do the manual calibration that Nrgwise suggested? That would be my first place to start. Also, when you reply to a post, hit the reply button under the post you want a response from, if you just use the box at the bottom of the screen the only way someone will know that you asked a question of them is by manually checking the thread again. This thread got quite far down the list so I about missed your question.

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-30 11:47
Crash,

Did you do the manual calibration that Nrgwise suggested? That would be my first place to  ...

Jerry must be crossed wires, im not talking about the RE unit, I was asking do you have the standard vision TX unit (the part that controls the quads movements) or do you have the upgraded version with the gimbal wheel.

I did do the calibration as stated, however as I have said even with the TX turned off the camera still goes down when the quad powers on, yet if I choose the basic controller (TX) then it doesn't do it, but reverts back to going straight down if I choose the upgraded controller (TX) in the phantom assistant.

ive emailed the company I bought it from and am waiting for an answer.
2015-4-30
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-30 17:23
Jerry must be crossed wires, im not talking about the RE unit, I was asking do you have the standa ...

Crash,

I apologize, was a little late when I responded. Wires definitely got crossed on my end not yours. Yes, I do have the upgraded Tx with the gimbal wheel (And that is what I purchased on Amazon for $99). I wish I could help but I don't know the answer to your issue. I haven't had any issues with mine.

Sorry about the mix up.

Jerry
2015-4-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-30 19:15
Crash,

I apologize, was a little late when I responded. Wires definitely got crossed on my end no ...

So we have a conflict, David on one hand says his does the same thing, but Jerry says his doesn't,
how strange, im wondering if its a version issue.

If Jerry and David are reading this (I know Jerry will be) can I ask what version of Phantom Vision you have and how you ascertain what version you have, I got mine in December so I have no idea what version it is or how to find out.

The only other thing I can think of is that I have messed up the servo in the gimbal whilst trying to install a 2D gimbal system that failed ( a long boring story about the perils of buying from China, that I wont bore you with) and maybe I need to look into that option.
2015-4-30
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-30 19:15
Crash,

I apologize, was a little late when I responded. Wires definitely got crossed on my end no ...

Crash,

On the bottom of you Phantom, under the battery, behind the camera is a sticker. It will have your Model, SN, and QR Code on it. I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ Version 3. The model number on my label is PV-331 and there is a "V3.0" printed on the white serial number barcode label. Check that first.

Jerry
2015-4-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-30 21:03
Crash,

On the bottom of you Phantom, under the battery, behind the camera is a sticker. It will h ...

Will have to dig out the box Jerry as I have a large piece of Velcro in that position to hold my TK102B tracker unit.

Will post back, in the meantime I had a look at the gimbal position, I took the camera off the Servo and let it travel backwards and then reattached the camera to the servo in the forward position, end result was the camera wouldn't move down as the gimbal thinks its already in the down position.

Think its fair to say its nothing Ive done, I spoke to the seller in the UK who is going to put one together and email me back when he has a chance.
2015-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-1 17:52
Will have to dig out the box Jerry as I have a large piece of Velcro in that position to hold my T ...

Crash,

Just grabbing for some of the stupid stuff that I'm sure you've probably already done more than once already. You checked all of the camera connections? Those are some tiny connections and a loose or damaged one could cause unexpected results. A real stretch would be to pull the top shell and check all of the connections inside the bird as well. Guess I'm just grabbing at straws at this point. I wish I had more for you but my experience with this stuff is somewhat limited as well.

Jerry
2015-5-1
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-1 20:41
Crash,

Just grabbing for some of the stupid stuff that I'm sure you've probably already done more ...

No worries Jerry the more ideas the better, thing is unlike the P2V+, there isn't anything to the vision camera, its just an egg shaped thing, with a white plug in the back, I think that there is something screwy in the Naza unit as its that that is sending the command to the gimbal servo on power up.

Im thinking about blanking the Naza back to defaults and loading a really early firmware and seeing if that does anything.
2015-5-1
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Aren't you talking about the default location or angle of the camera when you first power up the bird?
2015-5-1
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

roy, yes he is.  i had this problem with my vision before i added the rotorpixel (insert shameless plug here wow is that thing amazing).  i 'fixed' my problem by altering the CENTER value from 0 on the screenshot he has to like 400 or 600 or something.  that made it want to always go to a more level angle when booting up.  it worked great and then it didnt matter after adding the RP as it doesnt have the same prob the stock vision servo does.  id think he could do what i did wihtout taking stuff apart but just an idea.
2015-5-1
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-27 21:17
Crash & David,

This is not a Vision thing. I have the Vision v3 and mine goes to a level plane. T ...

Well.. I dont have the "3.0" version. Mine is "2.1". That may have some thing to do with it. Mine has been doing that since the day I removed it from the box new.
2015-5-3
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

davidw63@comcas Posted at 2015-5-4 05:38
Well.. I dont have the "3.0" version. Mine is "2.1". That may have some thing to do with it. Mine  ...

Sorry guys, obviously I got confused by the Very different Vision Versions with the Very similar Version names. The Version 1, the Version 2 and the Version 2.1's and the newer Version 3.0's. The Vision and Vision plus Versions. So your Vision Version 2.1 may be Vastly different than my Vision Plus Version 3.0. At least you have the Version 2.1 ESC's in your Vision Version 2.1 and not the no Version or the Version 2.0. Maybe the real question lies in what Version firmware your Vision Version 2.1 has on it. Would it be the Version 3.08, the Version 3.12 or the Very new Version 3.14? My Vision Plus Version 3 has the older Version 3.12 firmware Versus the Very new Version 3.14. All of this is Very, Very interesting!

Jerry

Jerry
2015-5-3
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-4 06:44
Sorry guys, obviously I got confused by the Very different Vision Versions with the Very similar V ...

Well to bring this into focus, I have fitted a 2d gimbal (insert shameless plug, actually more shamefull as its a nasty looking thing but it works quite well and only cost me 60 quid and some heartache)

When I power on the quad this also tilts right down so that the camera is looking down.

Ive tried setting the mid point settings with a variety of settings with no luck.

It seems me that there is a bug somewhere if some do it and some don't.

2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules