OK, I did it (upgraded a 1-mo old Spark to a Mavic Air)
3806 44 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-1-29 11:50
I am starting a collection of DJI drones for my drone cave.

What he said... Actually now considering selling the Spark to cu$hion the impact of the MA purcha$e a bit, but will reserve final judgment until the MA (delayed Lava Red Fly More Combo...) finally arrives - we’ll see later after flying it whether or not there is sufficient reason to justify keeping both..ï
2018-1-30
Use props
Spark23
First Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

I did the same thing...

Mavic Air thus far is a lot better to fly and better footage. However, it’s not as easy to transport and setup as Spark. You can launch the Spark quickly without any unfolding, flipping down legs, removing gimbal cover, etc.  Also, I vastly preferred the foam box the Spark came in for transport. However, I’m willing to trade those things off for the Mavic Air range and obstacle avoidance, plus 4k recording and better gimbal.  
2018-1-30
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

I expecting the same wiFi issues with the Mavic Air like the SPARK. Can't wait for the members to place their issues here in the forum )
2018-1-30
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-1-30 21:26
I expecting the same wiFi issues with the Mavic Air like the SPARK. Can't wait for the members to place their issues here in the forum )

From their specs, DJI is claiming a greater WiFi link range for the Mavic Air than they claim for the Spark (like up to 2x more using their RC controller) and they refer to the FPV video link back to your iOS or Android display as using "enhanced WiFi video transmission" ... whatever that is. Seems to me it's still EITHER 2.4 OR 5.8 (user-selectable/overrideable depending on location), so it's not at all clear how they get more range unless they simply jack up the gain, but there be regulatory dragons there at some point. Hope we get more details eventually.
2018-1-31
Use props
fansbfc8145c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 758 ft
New Zealand

If you have a spark, I wouldn't worry about racing out to buy a Mavic Air.

DJI will have another new one in a few months time, it'll go on & on.

1080HD is still fine if you're a casual user, it does the job for me and I'll wait to purchase something which is a serious game changer.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules