Inspire 2 Descent Speed
1391 3 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

Hey gang! I was wondering if anyone else has had the following issue. My Inspire 2 will not descend as fast as it should. There's a setting in the aircraft menu that lets you set the max descent speed up to 21 M.P.H. However the descent speed regardless of this setting or the flight mode maxes out at 9 M.P.H. Can anyone tell me what's up?

2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, did you fly in an environment with wind? What mode did your drone enter at that time? Please provide a screenshot of the setting and change an environment without wind for further check. BTW, please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. Thanks for your help.
2018-1-26
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-26 00:32
Sir, did you fly in an environment with wind? What mode did your drone enter at that time? Please provide a screenshot of the setting and change an environment without wind for further check. BTW, please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. Thanks for your help.

Nevermind on this issue. I figured it out. The Inspire 2 is very intelligent. It curtails the descent speed if you do not have enough lateral movement. If you try and descend straight down in any multirotor to rapidly you will enter into a vortex ring state( descending into turbulent disturbed air which results in a loss of lift). While the Inspire and most newer quads have cantered motors that minimize this effect, it can still happen. When I did a test moving forward and descending the thing flew down like a bat out of hell. It was awesome!
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-29 08:40
Nevermind on this issue. I figured it out. The Inspire 2 is very intelligent. It curtails the descent speed if you do not have enough lateral movement. If you try and descend straight down in any multirotor to rapidly you will enter into a vortex ring state( descending into turbulent disturbed air which results in a loss of lift). While the Inspire and most newer quads have cantered motors that minimize this effect, it can still happen. When I did a test moving forward and descending the thing flew down like a bat out of hell. It was awesome!

Thanks for your update and the details. I believe that you will play it well.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules