Mavic controller
1237 10 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jake daniel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136312 ft
Mauritius

how to inverse the function of the two control, gimbal dial (left) to be on the right control and exposure dial to be on the left control on mavic pro controller? I definitively think that will give more ability to change camera view orientation while combining movement on the two joysticks. Dji put this in option in your new firmware please
2018-1-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I believe they work differently (one has clicks and no end point, the other does not have clicks and has an endpoint, )
So if you change them, that might give unwanted behavior.
2018-1-26
Use props
jake daniel
lvl.2
Mauritius

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-26 02:08
I believe they work differently (one has clicks and no end point, the other does not have clicks and has an endpoint, )
So if you change them, that might give unwanted behavior.

hmm you right, which means if software interchange it will not behave as expected, which means dji must design a new controller. I don't understand why they have not see the advantage of having the gimbal dial on the right hand side as we are in major using right hand. for sure we will definitively get better results. Is there anyone who is equipped with the proper tools to try swapping these two commands?
2018-1-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jake daniel Posted at 2018-1-26 05:40
hmm you right, which means if software interchange it will not behave as expected, which means dji must design a new controller. I don't understand why they have not see the advantage of having the gimbal dial on the right hand side as we are in major using right hand. for sure we will definitively get better results. Is there anyone who is equipped with the proper tools to try swapping these two commands?

The way the left dial works is best suited for gimbal changes.
You can make graduate changes and vary the speed of the motion by turning further.
And it has a 0 point (no movement).
The right dial has no 0, so that seems not suitable for controlling the gimbal. As that needs a 0 point to be able to remain at the same position.
So, how I see it, you will have to change the hardware.

2018-1-26
Use props
jake daniel
lvl.2
Mauritius

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-26 06:51
The way the left dial works is best suited for gimbal changes.
You can make graduate changes and vary the speed of the motion by turning further.
And it has a 0 point (no movement).

yes that i have understand, a new controller design must be done by dji to have the the whole gimbal dial as it is but shifted on the right side
2018-1-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jake daniel Posted at 2018-1-26 09:36
yes that i have understand, a new controller design must be done by dji to have the the whole gimbal dial as it is but shifted on the right side

But I get your idea. Changing the exposure is not something I need to do very gently
2018-1-26
Use props
jake daniel
lvl.2
Mauritius

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-26 13:58
But I get your idea. Changing the exposure is not something I need to do very gently

No, i mean a new design from dji with the gimbal dial as it is NOW, keep it SAME, but MOVE it on the right side. Imagine a controller with the exposure control AS IT NOW but on the LEFT. You got it or still NOT?
2018-1-26
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Maybe it'd be more convenient for us right handed people but I don't think it's important enough to change.
2018-1-26
Use props
jake daniel
lvl.2
Mauritius

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-26 17:55
What about those of us who like it the way it is now?  I kinda like my gimbal control on the left & I think most will probably agree.  This is the first time I recall anyone requesting it be reversed.

you can still keep your actual controller, and those you wish can buy the new controller design by dji, i don't see why both can't be done
2018-1-26
Use props
jake daniel
lvl.2
Mauritius

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-26 20:35
Maybe it'd be more convenient for us right handed people but I don't think it's important enough to change.

i think the put it that way to prevent crash as right stick control more risky movement, front back, right left and concentrating on camera gimble may lead to risky movement on the right hand. But for me i think that is not a problem having now the knowledge of limitations with such movement
2018-1-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jake daniel Posted at 2018-1-26 17:46
No, i mean a new design from dji with the gimbal dial as it is NOW, keep it SAME, but MOVE it on the right side. Imagine a controller with the exposure control AS IT NOW but on the LEFT. You got it or still NOT?

Yes, I got you the first time.

Not as stupid as I look
What I mean is that the left hand would be more suitable for exposure changes (as you suggested) since they don't require a steady finger. (usually your right hand is better in making precise adjustments.
So YES I get you and think that is a great idea!
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules