4210 10 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want to do some mapping and want to use Tiff images.    I having issues viewing those images.   They are all black.  when bringing them into FLIR tools they are not recognized by the program.   

Thank you.

2018-1-26
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

tiff images are generally 8 or 16 byte "height" values that represent the reading in temperature. but it doesnt sound like you're trying to use it for any integration, who knows maybe itll help
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TIFF images are black and white, which cannot be viewed by FLIR tools, please try Photoshop, Light Room, ImageJ etc.
2018-1-26
Use props
rkeihn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621309 ft
United States

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you want to create an orthomosaic using the XT FLIR camera or something equivalent?  Depending on if you use IOS or Android- IOS will only capture Radiometric JPEGS, which you need select if you want to use FLIR Tools to analyze. In your camera settings you'll come across the R-JPEG setting.  Android however will do both .tiff and R-JPEGS.

I'm not sure what the hell DJI Mindy is talking about- tiff images are not Black and white, unless you take them in black and white.

The thermal images are in a grayscale/black and white after you have captured them, as long as they are the R-JEPGS you can then analyze them in FLIR Tools.   Pix4d is what I use to process my thermal data and it take the R-JPEGS so I've never needed to try taking a thermal in a .tiff format.
2018-2-11
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Hi ETA. I had the same problem in the beginning I used the XT. All my images were black white. But now I can get the color images. When you have your XT camera on screen, go to the right of your screen and go to the menu. Their you find an option to change the format of your images: tiff, jpeg or radiometric jpeg. For use in Flir tools, you have to choose radiometric jpeg.
2018-2-11
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-2-11 08:13
Hi ETA. I had the same problem in the beginning I used the XT. All my images were black white. But now I can get the color images. When you have your XT camera on screen, go to the right of your screen and go to the menu. Their you find an option to change the format of your images: tiff, jpeg or radiometric jpeg. For use in Flir tools, you have to choose radiometric jpeg.

Thank you Zuidwestdrones

I did try flying missions and captured rjpegs and processed them in pix4d.  It worked well.   I am using the m210 platform and had to GSpro app for the autonomous flight control.   The only downside to the GSpro besides the limited waypoints, was i had to manually actuate the shutter button at each interval.   It would not do it automatically.   Add that to long list of other fixes DJI needs to make.

Thanks again!
Ed
2018-2-11
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rkeihn Posted at 2018-2-11 07:21
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you want to create an orthomosaic using the XT FLIR camera or something equivalent?  Depending on if you use IOS or Android- IOS will only capture Radiometric JPEGS, which you need select if you want to use FLIR Tools to analyze. In your camera settings you'll come across the R-JPEG setting.  Android however will do both .tiff and R-JPEGS.

I'm not sure what the hell DJI Mindy is talking about- tiff images are not Black and white, unless you take them in black and white.

Thanks Rkeihn,

Yes are you are correct.    I did end up making it work with rjpegs and pix4d.   Now i need a user friendly program to view the ortho outputs from pix4d.   I am wrestling with QGIS,  there is a lot to learn.   

Thanks again for your help!
2018-2-11
Use props
rkeihn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621309 ft
United States

ETA Posted at 2018-2-11 09:40
Thanks Rkeihn,

Yes are you are correct.    I did end up making it work with rjpegs and pix4d.   Now i need a user friendly program to view the ortho outputs from pix4d.   I am wrestling with QGIS,  there is a lot to learn.   

I can probably help you there as well, I work for a software company and we have a proprietary software for hosting and viewing all types of imagery.
If you'd like to send me an ortho I can give you a demo?
rkeihn@immersiondata.com or toss it in Dropbox for me and I can load it in our viewer.

Otherwise I'm glad I could be of some help, I know how frustrating it can be to not have any help.

2018-2-14
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Well, I can help you to repair your corrupted TIFF images. To resolve this issue, you can convert the TIFF file to another image file format or rename your TIFF file. Just try the provided solutions that will surely be going to help you out to fix the TIFF image issue without any trouble.
To know more: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/repair-damaged-tiff-photos
2019-12-24
Use props
daniieljc
New

United States

Good, I use this system for the conversion because it is essential for me when generating mosaics. The good thing is that it is a cloud solution.

https://thermo-converter.com/
2022-9-6
Use props
dji.uas
New

United States

daniieljc Posted at 9-6 22:27
Good, I use this system for the conversion because it is essential for me when generating mosaics. The good thing is that it is a cloud solution.

https://thermo-converter.com/

Perfect solution. Thank you for sharing it.
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules