Spark’s compass 1 disconnected
14715 29 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans26f0d49d
New

Philippines

Hello everyone,

I really need someone to share their thoughts or advice on my spark since spark’s compass 1 disconnected and everytime i click the “Calibrate compass” on the drone image, it won’t go through. Any thoughts and suggestions about this?

You’re advice are much highly appreciated.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please provide a screenshot from your image screen with the error message. Did you try to change an environment? Please calibrate your compass outdoor and avoid things that have a bad influence on compass. Thanks for your support.
compass.JPG
2018-1-26
Use props
fans26f0d49d
New

Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-26 18:39
Sir, please provide a screenshot from your image screen with the error message. Did you try to change an environment? Please calibrate your compass outdoor and avoid things that have a bad influence on compass. Thanks for your support.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Please see attached screenshot of below. Whenever i hit the calibrate compass it won’t go through the calibration process.
4166D2EA-13CF-4E47-981F-5A78EFA7DA71.png
F03B95DE-2770-41C5-BE31-6BCD78F858C9.png
2018-1-27
Use props
fans26f0d49d
New

Philippines

fans26f0d49d Posted at 2018-1-27 03:19
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Please see attached screenshot of below. Whenever i hit the calibrate compass it won’t go through the calibration process.

Hi, heres another screenshot to it
70C3C693-364E-4D7A-8AB1-BCC79F8FD2C6.png
2018-1-27
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Something is wrong with the compass: probably damaged
2018-1-27
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

Have you tried setting up the compass outdoors, in an open area.
2018-1-27
Use props
fans26f0d49d
New

Philippines

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-27 06:21
Something is wrong with the compass: probably damaged

I thought so. I tried to calibrate the A/C in an open area but still, it won’t work. I just hope my spark can still fly if i would have it check and repair
2018-1-27
Use props
fans26f0d49d
New

Philippines

Shade220 Posted at 2018-1-27 06:26
Have you tried setting up the compass outdoors, in an open area.

Yes i did. But sad to say, it won’t let me go through the calibration process. *sigh
2018-1-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Compass 1 (ONE)?
2018-1-27
Use props
fans26f0d49d
New

Philippines

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-27 06:56
Compass 1 (ONE)?

Exactly. Compass 1 ( One) disconnected.
2018-1-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

As we have only one: another glitch in the DJI GO 4 app on Spark?
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans26f0d49d Posted at 2018-1-27 06:37
I thought so. I tried to calibrate the A/C in an open area but still, it won’t work. I just hope my spark can still fly if i would have it check and repair

Sir, in this case, I would recommend you send it back for further check. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-1
Use props
tzeseng_
lvl.1
Malaysia

facing the same issue... is that any solution?

2018-2-4
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

You can try rebooting the spark but it looks like the compass is no longer talking to the Spark's system.  Time to repair it or replace the compass.  Doesn't the navigation board have a small flex cable at the rear of  the Spark?  Damaged or disconnected flex cable due to crash or falling on its rear end?
2018-2-4
Use props
tzeseng_
lvl.1
Malaysia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-4 08:28
You can try rebooting the spark but it looks like the compass is no longer talking to the Spark's system.  Time to repair it or replace the compass.  Doesn't the navigation board have a small flex cable at the rear of  the Spark?  Damaged or disconnected flex cable due to crash or falling on its rear end?

just fly around 5 to 6 times with this new Spark.
and before Compass Disconnected issue, system prompt reminder for calibration;
no found any flex cable at the rear.
2018-2-4
Use props
MiKeyDooDs
lvl.1
Indonesia

any way that the newest  geofencing update is affecting this ?? happened to me the other day as well .. had to recalibrate my compass 3 times before i flew ..
2018-2-4
Use props
starback
lvl.1
Poland

Can anyone confirm where compass is located in Spark?
Is it together with the GPS module?

Here is photo of the GPS module
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

starback Posted at 2018-8-7 09:28
Can anyone confirm where compass is located in Spark?
Is it together with the GPS module?

Hi, thanks for the interest, however, we're not recommending our customers fixing the drone on their end as the warranty will be voided. If you will have a problem with your aircraft, you can keep posted us for troubleshooting but if it's a physical damage, you can contact our support. Thank you.

www.dji.com/service
2018-8-7
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Did you drop or Crash the drone?...   
2018-8-7
Use props
starback
lvl.1
Poland

My drone fell into the water. He was in the water for 5 seconds
I launched it the next day and ewerything works fine except compass
DJI GO 4 shows Comapss1 - disconnected, and can't callibrate it
I do not know why the front sensors did not detect the rope
Can this be repaired under the warranty?

Here is video of accident:
2018-8-8
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

It appears compass1 because the DJ GO application handles all the drones, including 2 compasses. This is not a mistake. Try the other version of the DJI GO, as this may be a software error ...
2018-8-8
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Things like ropes and wires are too thin for the sensors to detect.
2018-8-10
Use props
Watch3r
New
Russia

Hello!
I had the same problem after fall of the drone into the sea water. But compass 1 started working after I cleaned the oxidized contacts on Forward 3D Sensor System Module. I think compass 1 is located there

2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_VYehKowmKj2E
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306355 ft
Pakistan

Hello i crashed my spark and after that it in atti mode and saying calibrate but compass 1 disconnected any.1 have idea where is compass located and what to do?
Screenshot_20181005-021901.jpg
2018-11-2
Use props
rebeldronie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135 ft
Canada

Having the same problem. My warranty is passed. I decided to replace the GPS module with a new one and problem stills happen. So I don't think its the GPS module. Does anyone know where is Compass 1 located? Any help would be great!
2019-5-4
Use props
rickgr14
lvl.1
Canada

rebeldronie Posted at 5-4 18:18
Having the same problem. My warranty is passed. I decided to replace the GPS module with a new one and problem stills happen. So I don't think its the GPS module. Does anyone know where is Compass 1 located? Any help would be great!

I believe the one and only compass on the spark is incorporated with the imu ,which is located at the front of the drone behind the 3d sensors and between the main board and the bottom sensors. the connector is the one beside the 3d unit connector.My spark is doing the same thing and I will replace the unit when it gets here.I'll let you know if it works as my imu seems to calibrate ok but the compass says disconnected.I think the ribbon is damaged,but we'll see.
2019-7-4
Use props
djiuser_HAglHocriITi
lvl.1

Malaysia

rickgr14 Posted at 7-4 08:04
I believe the one and only compass on the spark is incorporated with the imu ,which is located at the front of the drone behind the 3d sensors and between the main board and the bottom sensors. the connector is the one beside the 3d unit connector.My spark is doing the same thing and I will replace the unit when it gets here.I'll let you know if it works as my imu seems to calibrate ok but the compass says disconnected.I think the ribbon is damaged,but we'll see.

Hello how ur dji spark after changing imu mode?
2019-7-29
Use props
fans676cd833
New
Sweden

Hi, sorry to drag up an old thread but is there any resolution to this problem? I flew my spark twice with no issues. For my third flight (in a national park in Northern Sweden) I had the Compass 1 disconnected error. I tried to calibrate the compass, quite literally in the middle of nowhere but when I hit the calibrate button, I then get a message asking me to Start or Cancel. I hit start and nothing happens. I don’t get the animation detailing how to calibrate the spark. So basically I’m stuck with a flightless drone.
It’s stuck in Atti mode and gives another error stating it can’t take off.
The closest I can to crashing was the propellers hitting some leaves on a tree but the drone remained air born.
Does anyone have a fix or do I have to send my expensive 3 day old device back in for repair?
2019-8-5
Use props
T
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi all.

Once I also have got comass disconnected error. Looked where is compass IC.
I have found that it most likely located at Forward 3D Sensor System Module.
Under  protective ribbon there is tiny IC in 16-QFN case. In my case code on it is 7120.
On works drone this part of module very sensitive on any metal thing nearby.

2019-11-9
Use props
Hyoran Afonso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28737 ft

Brazil

Alguém sabe desse problema?
Screenshot_20200118-175351.jpg
2020-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now