Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Render Settings in Davinci Resolve 11 Lite
2628 6 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mary
lvl.1

United States

I just started using Davinci Resolve 11 Lite a couple of weeks ago, and I've learned a lot.  However, one question that I still have is, what file format to render to so that my clients (with an average PC) can view the files in Quicktime, without the playback stuttering.  There are so many options, it's difficult for a novice to choose.

Right now I'm using a Quicktime video format w/ Codec=H.264, resolution HD 720P, and render frame rate 29.97.  The footage was shot using LOG, and 4k 30fps.

Is there such a thing as an ideal rendering format for end users that have an average PC?
2015-4-25
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Sorry that I can't answer your question... I'm just trying deviance resolve lite for the first time.
Do you have to transcode the video before processing in resolve? it plays something like 2 images / second on my Mac Pro....
2015-4-26
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Hi Mary,

Those settings are all fine but you didn't say what bitrate you are using.   For smooth playback it should it should be between 4,000 and 15,000 Kilobits per second.   Don't confuse this with Kilobytes or Megabytes.

1 Megabyte = 1000 Kilobytes = 8000 Kilobits.

In BASIC mode it doesn't give you any options to change the bitrate so change it to ADVANCED at the top.   Then when you select H.264 you'll see a setting called RESTRICT to XXXXXKb/s.   Change that to about 6,000 and run it through.    Anything under about 10,000 should play smoothly on all systems.

Also, MAKE SURE your clients play it back with QuickTime.   Stupid Windows Media will try to open every file and always does a poor job of it.     

Hope this helps!

Jim
2015-4-26
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Jim, I posted this elsewhere, no response, can you help?

"Ok. Dumb ass question. Under the manual slider. Is it activated when it's green or green indicates AUTO?"
2015-4-29
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

It's in manual mode with the slider green.
2015-4-29
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-4-30 09:55
Jim, I posted this elsewhere, no response, can you help?

"Ok. Dumb ass question. Under the manual s ...

Wolftj is correct, when it's illuminated it is in Manual Mode.   You can open and close the settings panel by swiping right or left on the screen.
2015-5-3
Use props
monica66
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I often encode videos into DNxHD codec before transferring to Davinci Resolve 11 Lite for editing with a professional converting program.
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules