Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help the old fella
750 13 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI User466
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Okay so I got my first drone last week. Emachine 58 after thousands of dollars being spent on helicopters what a difference I actually put something in the air for once. So this is my question I really want the Phantom 4 Pro would it be to much for  a beginner
2018-1-26
Use props
Toorboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

if you have history of flying quads then yes you would be fine DJI User466
iv only been flying the phantom 4 advanced for 6 weeks and love it
but I have been flying for a wee while now. why don't you download the
manual and have a read & make a decision from there man
2018-1-26
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

The actual flying won't be difficult but there are many features and modes that will take some time to learn, if you can afford the P4P then I see no reason to get say  P3 or P4 prior to getting a P4P
2018-1-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went through the same thing years ago, buying copters, one after another,smashing many of them on the first flight till along came dji and I never looked back. Dji quads are extremely easy to fly. My advice to you is instead of the p4 pro buy the p4 advance, the only difference is side senors and they can only be used in tripod mode (pointless if you ask me) go with the phantom 4 advanced with an iPad Pro 10.5 or similar, you won’t be disappointed...
2018-1-26
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

My first and only RC aircraft/quad is the P4P
While I have flight experience that helps with the concept of flight and the FAA rules, as to the actual flying of the P4 it is extremely easy.  This is one of the reasons they are so popular, nearly anyone can fly them, another reason they are so problematic as too many fly them that don't do so maturely.
However, there is always a however, ATTI and Sport Modes are more challenging and should not be used until you have some experience flying the bird.  Also, as mentioned above, a lot of the special flight modes seem to get folks in to trouble as I believe they expect the very simple flight ops to remain the same when in fact that is not the case.
As with any serious flying, first read and know the manual.  Next practice and increase your challenge and difficulty level until you are comfortable with the birds full capabilities.  
You will find your journey in getting there fairly straightforward and fun too.
Fly Safe
2018-1-26
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

You will love the P4P, it’s silky smooth to fly.
2018-1-26
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Im Phantom 3 SE owner( the cheapest ) , my first semi profesional AC  ... and it is not a toy it is an amazing Aircraft & i love fly about 4 kms without problems and amazing stability
2018-1-26
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

im sure P4 is better than mine anyway i love it
2018-1-26
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-26 10:51
Im Phantom 3 SE owner( the cheapest ) , my first semi profesional AC  ... and it is not a toy  it is an amazing Aircraft & i love fly about 4 kms without problems and amazing stability

I have the P3S as well as the P4P, the 3 is still an nice bird but I can tell the difference.
2018-1-26
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you really want it go for it. Fly low and slow until you get the hang of it (set to beginner mode).
2018-1-26
Use props
chandavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 252290 ft
United States

Having never flown anything but my Standard, I can say that the first flight was terrifying for a bit but then, as expressed above, the stability and ease of flight became very apparent.
You'll love it!!!!  Just download and watch all you can about this fine aircraft.
2018-1-26
Use props
seapony 7
lvl.3
United States

I'd never been near a drone, let alone flown one.  But I got obsessed with the idea of aerial photography, so decided on the Phantom 4 Pro + Obsidian, which I bought in December.  So far, I've been flying it manually...haven't really tapped in to the cool tricks it can do.  But it's been really easy to handle, and the pics/vids it has given are super impressive.  Highly recommended.  Watch plenty of videos!  
2018-1-26
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Go with what you really want  ...you won't regret it  when you get flying the p4p you will be blown away by what this tech can do . Enjoy and fly safe  
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

thank you all .ok im going to go for it.but first im doing alot of youtube videos so ill know what to do when i get it. and i ordered a ipad with cellular so i can run different apps  but for now its study study till then
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules