Has it been hacked?
1333 7 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timdog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60702 ft
Guernsey

Hi, I got given a mavic pro (I already own one) it didn’t have a battery so put one of mine in and now I’m getting a battery authentication warning! Battery works fine in my other one so know it’s not a battery problem.
also I get a warning to say remove gimbal clamp motor overload! There is no clamp in place.
I’m also getting front vision sensor warnings, I have attached to assistant 2 but won’t even give me the square to calibrate?
All firmware up to date.

Any help appreciated
2018-1-26
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

If you know your battery is good and you were given that Mavic Pro - my guess is hardware issues.  Do you know the history of the drone in terms of care and use?
2018-1-26
Use props
Timdog
lvl.3
Guernsey

It has a camera issue I get a feed but try’s to reset itself but can’t, I think it may have been crashed but not sure really.
2018-1-26
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

I'm willing to bet it has crashed or in contact with moisture internally.  Sounds like you may have to send it in for repair - was this given to you free or did you pay? I might try to get my money back if it's the latter.
2018-1-26
Use props
Timdog
lvl.3
Jersey

It was a freebie, what’s a drone worth in this condition with controller and charger pack but no battery ??
2018-1-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

my gimbal overload error came after my first crash - i tried resets and recalibrations but although nothing visible was wrong i kept getting overload notice - so i sent mine back for repairs. my repairs costs (including flight back to china where it was repaired) came to about R1500 if i remember correctly - thats about $100 - not bad i thought ( care refresh was not available in SA) if you want to inspect the gimbal assembley properly it may be good to take some pics in good light and zoom in on those pics for better investigation as without zoom the parts are too small to see properly. Check the ribbon for kinks or abnormalities - again using a camera to be able to see properly - anyway considering you have a few issues with it and since you got it for free it is a worth while investment to spend a bit to get it right
2018-1-26
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If you know how to take apart a Mavic (you can find videos on youtube) i would say take off the gimbal assy of yours (there are 4 screws and 4 cables to pop off on top is all) and put it on the broken Mavic and see if it will work that way. It's not hard i fixed mine. For the whole gimbal assy cost me 6 months ago was around $300 usd. Of course you will have to calibrate everything when you switch them out......i had to so i guess it's required i don't know. Nothing to it really. I replaced just the gimbal flex cable but that wasn't enough but you can try that first if you want to.
2018-1-26
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

Were you able to resolve your issue?  I had the same problem with my mavic pro at around the same time as you after a firmware update even though mine had no history of crashes or problems but for when I updated the drone.  I was advised by DJI to send it in for diagnostic and repair but after receipt and a call DJI conceded no diagnostics but they default to replace the whole gimbal solution no matter if it was your fault or the firmware's fault--and of course at your cost.  In hindsight, I should have troubleshot it by rolling back to an earlier firmware or waited for a new firmware.  I am currently waiting for a call from a supervisor from DJI repair.
(https://forum.dji.com/thread-132292-1-1.html).
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules