Aircraft disconnected Warning
1673 21 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Hey all!

I'm now a proud owner of a Spark fly more package and my first 2 short flights are in the books. They were particularly short because after I connect all of my devices correctly and start flying, my phone gives me the message of "Aircarft disconnected" and the video transmission freezes. Does anybody knowo where this could be coming from?

Here is my setup:
DJI Spark + RC
Huawei P9 with DJI GO 4 v4.1.15
OTG Adapter with usb cable into my phone

So when I'm in mid-air, the DJI GO4 app suddenly freezes the video transmission and says that my aircraft is disconnected. I can, however, still control the Spark and was able to fly it back to me and turn it off with the quick flip in the air.

I'm happy to get any suggestions for that.

regards,
peselito

2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Have you checked your antenna positions and is the RC always directed to Spark with no obstacles in the line of sight?
2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-26 09:05
Have you checked your antenna positions and is the RC always directed to Spark with no obstacles in the line of sight?

Yes, sir. Antenna positions are parallel to each other and RC pointed towards the drone. I was flying on an open soccer field, so no obstacles.
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Then you should try with another mobile device. Is your Huawei P9 on the DJI list of compatible devices?
2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-26 09:11
Then you should try with another mobile device. Is your Huawei P9 on the DJI list of compatible devices?

Okay. I don't know if it is on the list, because I have never seen this list
Maybe I'll have to try it with my iPhone 6 then. I wanted to use the Android tho, since it is easier to install earlier version like the 4.1.15 where OTG is still supported.
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

peselito Posted at 2018-1-26 09:17
Okay. I don't know if it is on the list, because I have never seen this list  
Maybe I'll have to try it with my iPhone 6 then. I wanted to use the Android tho, since it is easier to install earlier version like the 4.1.15 where OTG is still supported.

This is the official list of supported Android devices but many others also work:
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Maybe you can borrow a different Android device just for testing. You don't necessarily need an iOS device.

2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-26 09:26
This is the official list of supported Android devices but many others also work:
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Okay so my Huawei P9 is not listed

I'll definitely run some tests today with different approaches (iPhone 6 with latest DJO GO4, Huawei P9 without OTG cable and 4.1.15, Huawei P9 without OTG cable on the latest version) and report back as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help until now
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

peselito Posted at 2018-1-26 09:32
Okay so my Huawei P9 is not listed  

I'll definitely run some tests today with different approaches (iPhone 6 with latest DJO GO4, Huawei P9 without OTG cable and 4.1.15, Huawei P9 without OTG cable on the latest version) and report back as soon as possible.

You are most welcome. But I repeat, try to test with a different Android device as well, just for checking.
2018-1-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Are you flying in 2.4 or 5.8ghz? Urban or rural? Automatic or custom mode?
2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-26 09:37
Are you flying in 2.4 or 5.8ghz? Urban or rural? Automatic or custom mode?

Hi, puh that's a lot of questions.

I think I was connected via 5.8ghz (not sure tho). I was flying on a soccer field near my house here in Watertown/Belmont. It's a suburban region around 20 minutes west from Boston.

I do not know what you mean by automatic or custom mode. What I might have to mention is that I was flying in beginner mode as I am new to drone flying.
2018-1-26
Use props
AdeP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

I have had the same problem which in my case was caused by a bad OTG cable.
2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

AdeP Posted at 2018-1-26 09:45
I have had the same problem which in my case was caused by a bad OTG cable.

Thank you for your reply. Could be a possible reason. I bought the first one I could find at BestBuy the other day. Here's the link to it: Insignia OTG

It might not be the best for only $7.99

Might I ask which one you are using now? Do you have any more problems with it?
2018-1-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Actually, at 7.99 it's pretty expensive one. I personally have like maybe 10 of them (yeah, i know but these are my fetish I guess ). Micro B to regular A, angled ones, colored ones, Micro B to Micro B etc... I just like them. None of them was paid more than 3 US$ and they are all from dirt cheap ricey sites like banggood, gearbest and similar. It's more of a hit or miss thing as 1US$ one might work better than 10US$ ones. But yeah, 5.8GHz in suburban should rule out interferences from other wifi networks so it might be just bad OTG cable.
2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Okay. As I mentioned above, I’ll try to run some test flights this weekend with different setups. I hope I’ll be able to figure things out.
2018-1-26
Use props
AdeP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

Look for something like this:  Amazon
2018-1-26
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271575 ft
Argentina

upgrade your App the wifi is better on he new App, turn off bluetooth
2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Roshi23 Posted at 2018-1-26 11:29
upgrade your App the wifi is better on he new App, turn off bluetooth

I was running 4.1.15 in order to get the OTG cable to work since it is not working on newer version
2018-1-26
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

i just got back flying with the new app and it did better than the the 4.1.15 with OTG cable but  maybe if i  downgraded the FW to 007000 with all it may get better range. As it goes im getting 500m and then some with the latest FW and App on wifi so im cool with that ....it gets hard to see at that range anyway so do you really need more distance or just a clear signal.
2018-1-26
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Argentina

peselito Posted at 2018-1-26 09:47
Thank you for your reply. Could be a possible reason. I bought the first one I could find at BestBuy the other day. Here's the link to it: Insignia OTG

It might not be the best for only $7.99

To be sure you oon the OTG turn on airplane mode...so you know your hardwired connected.
2018-1-26
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Im not sure about this but you can try to connect to the wifi of the actual remote control instead of the OTG  cable because i dont think there is the support for the OTG cable anymore.
2018-1-26
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

I thought his downlink signal was blocked by busy WiFi channels or out of range.  But this is a notice that the smartphone is not connected to the remote?
2018-1-26
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

So I ran some tests today.

When using the iPhone 6 via WiFi I get a solid connection. When using the iPhone with the OTG cable, the Phone always pops up with a message saying "this device may not be supported". I am connected via hard line, but the message is annoying during the flights.

I came across another problem today: I was flying in airplane mode with only the WiFi from my iPhone activated and the aircraft disconnected every once in a while (still could control it). I also recognized the message of bluetooth interference, even though I was flying on an open field again with no people around me in a radius of around 50m.

Has anyone experienced these issues?

regards
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules