taking your phantom 2+ on vacation ?
1764 11 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joohio37
lvl.2

United States

im knda of a newbe only about 20 flights under my belt with no problems - we are going to desten florida for a vactaion here shortly and just wondering if alot of people would take and fly on vacation .  just wonder if flying on beach is welcome or now.  - oh we are driving down there

2015-4-25
Use props
TCMAC
lvl.2
United States

I use to live near there ... Just go to okaloosa island .. It's right next to destin.. Within 1 mile ... There are several miles of uninhabited beach and you can fly at will... It's beautiful, you'll get great video ...
2015-4-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Look at google maps for parks, school fields (on weekends or later in day) and other such places. Abandoned properties near some nicer scenery can be a good takeoff place - same with some railroad right of ways (most are not used or rarely used by trains).

Beaches with people are probably not a good place to fly. Look carefully at the projected wind speeds also.

Here are some Sarasota scenes I took while down here. I shipped the bird down once and took it on the airplane this time.
2015-4-25
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

I intend to find out myself ,

It was based on videos from Sanibel island that actually resulted in me owning several Phantoms

plan on doing a video on those same sanibel beachs of my daughters wedding in july
2015-4-25
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Usually, except to work, where I go, my camera goes.  I am expanding this neurotic behavior to include 'where I go, Dozbot goes'

ETA:  In fact, now that I am out and about with the Phantom, I realize how limiting the hard case is based on my available flying locations if I want to hike a bit.  So I ordered a backpack that will hold just the essentials I need for flight (Fearless model).
2015-4-25
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

BEFORE YOU GO!
I am also going to Destin Florida in a few weeks and will be taking my Phantom. You need to know before you go that there is a Air Force base in Destin and it has made most of Destin a NO FLY ZONE. It is listed with DJI also so your Phantom will not take off.
Check this map to see if where you are staying is in the NO FLY ZONE area. I picked a condo to the east of the no fly zone area and still on the beach.
My brother is stationed at that Air Force base and he says that they inforce the no fly zone and he has also told me that the map I link is acurate for that area.

As far as flying on the beach. From talking to others that live near the beach I have decided what I am going to do is only fly early mornings or late evenings to avoid people that think their privacy is getting violated or any misshaps that could happen and involve a person.
And as droneflyers stated, watch the wind speeds. I have been going to Destin for many years on vaction and it is allways super windy down on the beach.
2015-4-25
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

take it after all:  it's better to have it and can't use it then being able to use it and not have it.
2015-4-25
Use props
joohio37
lvl.2

United States

ty stock for the info i was going to fly on shell island but u can see its all a no fly zone - i may do the late day fly then -

2015-4-25
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-25
Use props
joohio37
lvl.2

United States

lol yep my wife says u dont have to spin your whole body  lol - i just tell her its just easier that way  
2015-4-25
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-4-26 06:25
take it after all:  it's better to have it and can't use it then being able to use it and not have i ...

perfect way to think,,

thats why I got a compact backpack  , can keep  always in car and when mobile it easy to carry etc

also applies to ccw ...lol
2015-4-25
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-4-26 14:00
perfect way to think,,

thats why I got a compact backpack  , can keep  always in car and when mob ...

That's what I did so I can put it in the truck if I find a place I can fly.
2015-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules