Gimbal vibration and sound ( jelly effect )
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

Hi,

I have Phantom 4 Advanced for a week now, and it have vibration that makes jelly effect on my videos.
Here is the video from today:

If i press this part, vibrations stops.
buzz.jpg
Vibrations are comming from gimbal since i have them when my drone is stationary with engines off, also when in the air without motion. If i tilt it forward it stops.
All of this is making me beleave that it is software related and that gimbal motors are trying to compensate for something nonexisting, since when on flat table, there is no stress on gimbal.

Also, it produces this sound when tilting:

What was done during this problem:
Refreshed firmware (latest)
Factory reset
Calibration of everything
Adding coins to balance the camera (a desperate attempt)

I bought this drone in foreign country so i cant take it back so easly. I hope there is beta firmware as there is for PRO version or at least way to downgrade to some other version since i dont have option to do so.  Also DJI Assistant 2 is not giving me any firmware, so if i need to update i do it over DJI app on android.

Please DJI, help

2018-1-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The gimbal system is a system all on its own, and is using servo circuits to perform the stabilisation. These circuits had adjustments to set them up and DJI do not give you access to those settings. Therefore the only way to cure this is to send the aircraft back to DJI for adjustment.
2018-1-26
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
  • >>>
Montenegro

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-26 14:19
The gimbal system is a system all on its own, and is using servo circuits to perform the stabilisation. These circuits had adjustments to set them up and DJI do not give you access to those settings. Therefore the only way to cure this is to send the aircraft back to DJI for adjustment.

But these values surely can be changed in firmware update
2018-1-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Goran_m_pg Posted at 2018-1-26 14:22
But these values surely can be changed in firmware update

No, they cannot, because the value can be different for every different aircraft system, so there is no universal value.
2018-1-26
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
  • >>>
Montenegro

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-26 14:44
No, they cannot, because the value can be different for every different aircraft system, so there is no universal value.

I have phone gimbal, and it is set for univeral values, since i can switch diferent phones with it, surely gimbal for phantom is set the same way...

For this case i think some value is set to too much sensitivity, since shock absorbers are the ones that are variable on phantoms, cameras and gimbals are the same. I've seen some people compaining on this and beta firmware solved them problem.
2018-1-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Goran_m_pg Posted at 2018-1-26 15:26
I have phone gimbal, and it is set for univeral values, since i can switch diferent phones with it, surely gimbal for phantom is set the same way...

For this case i think some value is set to too much sensitivity, since shock absorbers are the ones that are variable on phantoms, cameras and gimbals are the same. I've seen some people compaining on this and beta firmware solved them problem.

OK, go for it.
2018-1-26
Use props
MakerDude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

I had this same problem on a P4P that rapidly became worse until the camera would buzz loudly even when sitting still. I sent it in for repair and it ended up being a bad camera control board.
2018-1-26
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
  • >>>
Montenegro

I want to give a chance to beta first since some reported that it help. To admins my mail is goran_m_pg@yahoo.com
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I had forwarded the beta firmware for Phantom 4 Adv gimbal noise issue, please check for the update and see if it works for you. Thanks.
2018-1-26
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
  • >>>
Montenegro

Updated to this beta and problem was not solved. Is there anythig else i can do before returning it back?

I must say that i'm disapointed in this product considering its price range. For this money i expected premium product, not the product that i will be left without for a month right after purchase since they need to send it to Germany for repairs.
2018-1-27
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Goran_m_pg Posted at 2018-1-27 05:28
Updated to this beta and problem was not solved. Is there anythig else i can do before returning it back?

I must say that i'm disapointed in this product considering its price range. For this money i expected premium product, not the product that i will be left without for a month right after purchase since they need to send it to Germany for repairs.

Sorry to hear that.
I had a similar issue with a brand new, right from the box, Mavic Pro. https://www.skypixel.com/videos/blurring-and-shaking-first-footage-w-brand-new-mavic-pro?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share
Finally I sent it back and was refunded...
Hope you'll sort it soon and easy.
2018-1-27
Use props
firewall
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 20:51
Hi there, I had forwarded the beta firmware for Phantom 4 Adv gimbal noise issue, please check for the update and see if it works for you. Thanks.

Hello, i have same problem on P4A. Can you help me ?. Thank !

Video:
2018-1-27
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
  • >>>
Montenegro

I also made video describing in detail how to recognise this problem.

2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

firewall Posted at 2018-1-27 08:22
Hello, i have same problem on P4A. Can you help me ?. Thank !

Video:

Yes, please kindly provide me with your DJI account, I will forward the beta to you.
2018-2-5
Use props
Tjabo99
New
  • >>>
Sweden

My 4 adv gimbal sounds like a helicopter taking off. I calibrated it yesterday since it wasnt straight and that took almost 2h, now camera is straight at least but the noise is still as loud as before, if i touch the gimbal the noise stops and i feel it vibrate.
2019-8-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Tjabo99 Posted at 8-1 21:06
My 4 adv gimbal sounds like a helicopter taking off. I calibrated it yesterday since it wasnt straight and that took almost 2h, now camera is straight at least but the noise is still as loud as before, if i touch the gimbal the noise stops and i feel it vibrate.

Read this thread, the answer has been given. You have to send it to DJI for repair.
2019-8-1
Use props
vanillla
New

I have the same problem here with noise and tilted horizon. No crashes, but the problem exists. Can you please send me the beta, please! My mail is: vania_gff@abv.bg
2019-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules