Weird markings showing up on Mavic Pro photos and videos
705 12 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnightVision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I suspect something has stained my Camera sensor but I can't seem to clean it off, does anyone know what these markings could be? Personally I'd rather not send this off for repair but if needs be I will.
DJI_0113.jpg
2018-1-26
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

These appears to be sun caused. There are event affects in PS6 to add these to photos. Try a test shot not directly into sun.
2018-1-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

do these marks appear if every picture you take ? or only sometimes when facing the sun? although not impossible, it seems unlikely (unless you opened the gimbal assembley and got access to the sensor your self) that the problem is sensor related.
2018-1-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

If the circles appear in every shot in the same location then its not lens element reflections and could be something on your sensor or behind the lens, like dust or condensation, the latter of which should go away after a while.
2018-1-26
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm having this black mark near the bottom edge of every photo, and I'm very sure it wasn't there before I sent the Mavic to DJI for gimbal repair.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KnightVision, I agree with 4WDaus, it's much like the sun caused, did these markings appear in every picture at the same position?
2018-1-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm pretty sure thats lens flare.
2018-1-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-1-26 14:40
[view_image][view_image]
I'm having this black mark near the bottom edge of every photo, and I'm very sure it wasn't there before I sent the Mavic to DJI for gimbal repair.

That black spot is surely on the sensor. I've had DSLRs with these issue and after a lens clean its gone.
Did you end up sending it to DJI?
2018-1-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Mini-G Posted at 2018-1-26 18:39
That black spot is surely on the sensor. I've had DSLRs with these issue and after a lens clean its gone.
Did you end up sending it to DJI?

Yeah, that's what dust on the sensor typically looks like. Can't be fixed, must be returned to DJI.
2018-1-26
Use props
KnightVision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

it's not lens flare since it doesn't move. sadly Ex Machina is probably right
2018-1-27
Use props
KnightVision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nevermind, just noticed Ex Machina was replying to someone else (I'm a noob when it gets to this site) but yeah it's definitely not lens flare
2018-1-27
Use props
KnightVision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

disregard the first part of reply 11#  (this damn site won't let me delete the reply) since Ex Machina did also suggest that it could be dust or condensation. going by the stubbornness of the stain I'm betting it's probably condensation, and I suspect it's on the sensor. I'll try and see if I can clear off anything that could be on the outer lens itself, if that doesn't do anything I'll probably send it off to be looked at. If the problem clears I'll let you all know
2018-1-27
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

KnightVision Posted at 2018-1-27 06:28
disregard the first part of reply 11#  (this damn site won't let me delete the reply) since Ex Machina did also suggest that it could be dust or condensation. going by the stubbornness of the stain I'm betting it's probably condensation, and I suspect it's on the sensor. I'll try and see if I can clear off anything that could be on the outer lens itself, if that doesn't do anything I'll probably send it off to be looked at. If the problem clears I'll let you all know

Heh, you might not be able to delete or edit posts until you've "leveled-up" with more posting. The function is under Edit on your post and then Additional Options. Good luck.
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules