Phantom 4 very slow. HELP!,,
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49d49b3f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4026 ft
United States

Help!!! My bud and I have the phantom 4, before flying today, Fri, Jan,26th, he received a firmware update, I did not, my p4 is now not performing correctly, it is very slow, esp when decending,even in sport mode, has anyone had this issue? would it have anything to do with not receiving the firmware update? Or a setting that I am not seeing? also, is there a way to get the update
, without receiving a notification?
2018-1-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, are there two ,or are both of you sharing?
2018-1-26
Use props
fans49d49b3f
lvl.1
United States

There are two, both of which are phantom 4’s not advanced, sorry, not sure how I ended up on this thread but he received the firmware update and I did not, he’s flying and I’m putting around pulling my hair out, it flew fine two days ago, now it’s very slow and decent from 20 ft. takes about 10 seconds.
2018-1-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

it should tell you in the app if an update is available.
2018-1-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans49d49b3f Posted at 2018-1-26 14:18
There are two, both of which are phantom 4’s not advanced, sorry, not sure how I ended up on this thread but he received the firmware update and I did not, he’s flying and I’m putting around pulling my hair out, it flew fine two days ago, now it’s very slow and decent from 20 ft. takes about 10 seconds.

Firmware shouldn't make the Phantom any slower but some settings revert to default values with an update.
First thing to check is Obstacle Avoidance.
If it's enabled, disable it and you will get a significant speed boost.
Share some data from the flight and I can look into that to see if there's anything else obvious.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, as Labroides mentioned on 5#, the firmware will not slow or faster your drone. Please check your settings, like sensitive settings, or check if the vision system is working properly. You can try to calibrate the IMU and vision system and test again.
If all settings are normal, please help to confirm if there is a third-party accessory mounted on the landing gears, like gimbal protector or something like that, please don't mount this accessory when flying.
And for the firmware update, you can try to connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to check the current version and see if there is a need to update. The latest version is v02.00.0700.

2018-1-26
Use props
fans49d49b3f
lvl.1
United States

Thx for the advice everyone, I did the “IMU “ and “COMPASS” calibration before I ended my flight today, with no changes,I believe it may be the obstical avoidance causing the slow speeds ( must of accidentally switched it on ). I will try it tomorrow ( 1/27/2018 ) to see if that resolves the issue and post the results. I do have a gimbal guard that I fly with, reason being, I had a p3 standard that I had a minor accident with and it broke the gimbal mount, so I thought I would make an attempt to protect this one but if it affects the performance, I will immediately remove. How does the gimbal guard affect the performance DJI THOR? Thx?
2018-1-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans49d49b3f Posted at 2018-1-26 20:50
Thx for the advice everyone, I did the “IMU “ and “COMPASS” calibration before I ended my flight today, with no changes,I believe it may be the obstical avoidance causing the slow speeds ( must of accidentally switched it on ). I will try it tomorrow ( 1/27/2018 ) to see if that resolves the issue and post the results. I do have a gimbal guard that I fly with, reason being, I had a p3 standard that I had a minor accident with and it broke the gimbal mount, so I thought I would make an attempt to protect this one but if it affects the performance, I will immediately remove. How does the gimbal guard affect the performance DJI THOR? Thx?

How does the gimbal guard affect the performance?
There have been cases of gimbal guards blocking the VPS sensors and making descent very slow.
That's one reason why I asked about flight data - to check that.
In some cases a gimbal guard may even cause worse problems than slow descent.
2018-1-26
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting. Had the same issue today - very slow 5-6 mph on GPS mode on the P4P. Downgraded b/c that current FW was horrible with camera inverted images. Going to wait until a newer FW to fix inverted image. P4P flew fine with exception of slow movement.
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Check the app. You should update firmware.
2018-1-27
Use props
fans49d49b3f
lvl.1
United States

Thx everyone, for the advice, problem solved, I removed the gimbal guard “ as per the advice I received here “ and my p4 is back up to speed, I didn’t realize that the guard would interfere with the sensors. I still have a lot to learn about this awesome piece of equipment, it’s information overload learning everything the p4 has to offer. Thx again. “ one flight at a time “.
2018-1-27
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

fans49d49b3f Posted at 2018-1-27 16:50
Thx everyone, for the advice, problem solved, I removed the gimbal guard “ as per the advice I received here “ and my p4 is back up to speed, I didn’t realize that the guard would interfere with the sensors. I still have a lot to learn about this awesome piece of equipment, it’s information overload learning everything the p4 has to offer. Thx again. “ one flight at a time “.

awesome news because damn can they move
2018-2-5
Use props
djiuser_GxpAC5AeXmkC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3130 ft

Greece

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-26 18:49
Firmware shouldn't make the Phantom any slower but some settings revert to default values with an update.
First thing to check is Obstacle Avoidance.
If it's enabled, disable it and you will get a significant speed boost.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0XO7WSDFVAYJVIX6G7MX
2022-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules