Multiple battery charger
8990 27 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wreo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531014 ft
Canada

hello, I’m looking for a battery charger that will charge the sparks batteries all at the same time.  I don’t want the one from dji.  Does anyone have suggestions that are trustworthy chargers and won’t blow up my batteries? Thanks
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

May I ask why you don't want the original charging hub? It does exactly what you are looking for and will safeguard your warranty in addition. What is wrong with it in your opinion?
2018-1-26
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-26 14:05
May I ask why you don't want the original charging hub? It does exactly what you are looking for and will safeguard your warranty in addition. What is wrong with it in your opinion?

If I am charging batteries with the dji hub it will only charge 1 battery at a time correct? I want to use one where it will charger multiple batteries at the same time.
2018-1-26
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

the battery charger that comes with the "fly more combo" it is charging all batteries at once
2018-1-26
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

The strip/bar charger that comes with the fly more combo or can be purchased from dji charges 3 batteries at once and takes about an hour.
2018-1-26
Use props
johnnybflyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 533681 ft
United Kingdom

I use this one it can charge all three spark batteries  my RC and my phone at the same time.

http://www.lightake.com/p/6-in-1 ... lug-_MU2306027.html
2018-1-26
Use props
teknikal90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106601 ft
Canada

My issue is it’s so expensive I may as well buy 2 more batteries for that price
2018-1-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Wreo Posted at 2018-1-26 14:14
If I am charging batteries with the dji hub it will only charge 1 battery at a time correct? I want to use one where it will charger multiple batteries at the same time.

No. As others have meanwhile correctly stated, it charges all three batteries it can fit at the same time (if batteries are not still too warm for charging). And charging time (when batteries are close to empty) is about 50 minutes on my side.
2018-1-26
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

johnnybflyguy Posted at 2018-1-26 14:42
I use this one it can charge all three spark batteries  my RC and my phone at the same time.

The DJI one that comes with the combo does the same
2018-1-26
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-26 15:00
No. As others have meanwhile correctly stated, it charges all three batteries it can fit at the same time (if batteries are not still too warm for charging). And charging time (when batteries are close to empty) is about 50 minutes on my side.

On the website it says this: Spark's Battery Charging Hub is designed to charge up to three Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence or simultaneously. It optimizes charging based on their power levels and cell voltage. It says simultaneously which means 1 at a time right?
2018-1-26
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

there is a charging hub
2018-1-26
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

This charges 3 batteries at the same time.
Simultaneously means at the same time.
2018-1-26
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

spookster Posted at 2018-1-26 16:48
This charges 3 batteries at the same time.
Simultaneously means at the same time.

So what does “in sequence or simultaneously” mean?
2018-1-26
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

It's worded that way, but mine has always charge all three at the same time.
2018-1-26
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Yeah i never saw it charge in sequence either (unlike the mavics charger which always charges in sequence).
But if your batteries are too cold/warm the charger will only charge the battery/ies which is/are in the right temperature range.
Edit: I would not try to charge a ice cold/burning hot battery though, if the thermometer is not working properly you could easily damage your battery,
2018-1-26
Use props
KSBV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104252 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine seems to delay the start of charging on some batteries in order to allow all to complete at about the same time.  Not sure why it does that but I'm okay with it.  Bottom line is that the DJI charger does charge simultaneously in most situations.  
2018-1-26
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8110 ft
  • >>>
United States

KSBV Posted at 2018-1-26 17:45
Mine seems to delay the start of charging on some batteries in order to allow all to complete at about the same time.  Not sure why it does that but I'm okay with it.  Bottom line is that the DJI charger does charge simultaneously in most situations.

Typically that delay is so that the battery can come to proper charging temperature.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wreo, at normal temperature, when charging with the DJI charging hub, the battery with the lowest voltage will be charged first. The battery charging hub will charge multiple batteries at the same time with its maximum rated power and will spend the shortest time in charging the three batteries with the largest rated power.However, if the temperature of any battery is lower than 15 °C, a fast charge may cause damage to the battery, so in this case, all the batteries will be charged in turn. The first charge will be the battery with the highest power and the process will be three pieces in turn according to power.
We don't recommend using the third-party accessory coz it might void the warranty according to the aftersales policy. warranty.png
2018-1-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Wreo Posted at 2018-1-26 17:00
So what does “in sequence or simultaneously” mean?

Afaik:
It checkes all batteries and starts the one with the lowest level.
If that level reaches the one with the second lowest level, the second one starts charging
Till the two reaching the level of the at the beginning fullest batterie.
From that time they run almost simultaneously to "full", separated only by a couple of minutes in the end.
That's what I think I have seen on mine
2018-1-26
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 19:13
Wreo, at normal temperature, when charging with the DJI charging hub, the battery with the lowest voltage will be charged first. The battery charging hub will charge multiple batteries at the same time with its maximum rated power and will spend the shortest time in charging the three batteries with the largest rated power.
However, if the temperature of any battery is lower than 15 °C, a fast charge may cause damage to the battery, so in this case, all the batteries will be charged in turn. The first charge will be the battery with the highest power and the process will be three pieces in turn according to power.
We don't recommend using the third-party accessory coz it might void the warranty according to the aftersales policy.[view_image]

3. When charging, it will first charge the battery in the aircraft, and then the two spare batteries in accordance with their power levels from high to low.

https://store.dji.com/guides/spark-portable-charging-station/
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

heliman Posted at 2018-1-26 23:34
3. When charging, it will first charge the battery in the aircraft, and then the two spare batteries in accordance with their power levels from high to low.

https://store.dji.com/guides/spark-portable-charging-station/

This is the Charging Station but not the charger hub. So they will have different logic.
2018-2-5
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I thought the DJI charger charged sequentially (ie one finished before starting the next) as it says it takes 2.5 hours to charge all 3.  Ie. 50 minutes each.  IF it charged at simultaneously (ie. all at once), then wouldn’t it about 50 mins to an hour to charge them ?
2018-2-5
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Do you mean portable (like a power bank) or powered (like the flymore charger) ?   
2018-2-5
Use props
Jack Cooper
New

Greece

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-26 14:26
the battery charger that comes with the "fly more combo" it is charging all batteries at once
Hey guys about this... I had my DJI Spark (fly more combo)for 2 years or so and now my battery hub is only charging 1 battery at a time... Why is this happening ? By the way i flew my drone with both of my batteries and there werent any problems!!! I'll be waiting for a reply thanks!!
2019-3-13
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 19:13
Wreo, at normal temperature, when charging with the DJI charging hub, the battery with the lowest voltage will be charged first. The battery charging hub will charge multiple batteries at the same time with its maximum rated power and will spend the shortest time in charging the three batteries with the largest rated power.
However, if the temperature of any battery is lower than 15 °C, a fast charge may cause damage to the battery, so in this case, all the batteries will be charged in turn. The first charge will be the battery with the highest power and the process will be three pieces in turn according to power.
We don't recommend using the third-party accessory coz it might void the warranty according to the aftersales policy.[view_image]

Not always.
12 batteries.
All are brand new
All room temperature.
The hub started charging the one with most voltage first everytime.
Yes, the firmware was up to date.
Yes, all are official DJI branded products.
No, I am not colorblind or slow witted and last but not least,
I have it hooked up right.

2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thomas39 Posted at 6-29 03:59
Not always.
12 batteries.
All are brand new

Hi there, may I know what's the model of your drone? For Spark, at normal temperature, the hub adopts fast charge strategy: the battery with the lowest voltage will be charged first, the hub will charge multiple batteries at the same time with its maximum rated power.
The battery charging hub will spend the shortest time in charging the three batteries with the largest rated power.
Please let me know the model of your drone and the battery you are referring to, different drones/batteries charging hub may have a different charging mechanism. Thank you.
2019-6-30
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

get the dji hub for spark, charges spark with battery and two additional batteries .. oh and it can be done ON the GO too
2019-7-3
Use props
Elmago ozp
New

United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-26 14:26

Mine doesn't.. it does it one at a time...whicjh sucks..and no straight answers from dji numbers
2019-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules