Mavic or P4P
1099 12 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 967267 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Pro now but am considering the P4P. The camera difference is the only thing I am interested in being better.  I'd hate to buy a P4P and then something new comes out but there isnt really any way of kowing that. I have considered an inspire 2 but with and x5 or better camera your talking about double the money or more. Does any one have an opion on the difference in the cameras Mavic/P4P or should I just wait and or go to an inspire or a possible new Phantom.
2018-1-26
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

If you did an Inspire 2 and X4s you are about on par with the P4P quality. You'll save about a grand from the x5s and have a platform to upgrade when funds allow.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

Brian88 Posted at 2018-1-26 15:07
If you did an Inspire 2 and X4s you are about on par with the P4P quality. You'll save about a grand from the x5s and have a platform to upgrade when funds allow.

Didnt really think about the upgrade possibility on inspire. Thank you
2018-1-26
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2018-1-26 15:09
Didnt really think about the upgrade possibility on inspire. Thank you

No problem. I've been debating this for a while as well. Really want the X7 because why not, but willing to get the bird and work up to that setup when I can. I would also really like to see an Osmo that supports the x5s and X7. I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat for that setup.
2018-1-26
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Own the MP but decided to step up to the P4P and glad I did. Fly both but the camera on the P4P is night and day compared to the MP. The camera image quality on the P4P is just stunning.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you want a more professional camera and the budget is available, Inspire 2 with X5S is a great choice. If you are only considering the camera, between Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic, I'd say Phantom 4 Pro has a greater 1'' CMOS Sensor with 20 MP effective pixels etc.. You can make a comparison on this web: https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
Hope it provides some info.
2018-1-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have both the Mavic and P4Pro and for me, the P4Pro is by far the best, both in flying and photography. The only thing now that would tempt me to buy another drone is if they brought out a drone similar to the P4Pro but allowed you to choose the camera, either the current P4Pro camera or one of the other Gimbal/Camera combinations currently available for the Inspire. That way you would have the best of both worlds. It would mean that the existing gimbal would have to be detachable. The P4Pro is not too big to carry around but the Inspire is quite large and bulky to carry.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

I think I am still considering the P4P. The inspire 2 no matter which way I go seems to be  at least twice the money. I was just worried about buying the P4P for the better camera and then find out the MP is just as good.
2018-1-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The P4P has a 1” sensor capable of c.4K @ 60p and 20MP stills, a mechanical shutter, variable aperture, wider ISO range and a video bitrate of 100MBPS. The drone has more tech built in, is more stable, faster and can be carried in a modest back pack. The list goes on but the bottom line is that your images and footage will be of a much better quality with the P4P over the Mavic Pro.
On the flip side, the Mavic still offers useable footage in 4K and good quality 2.7K and 12.35MP stills.
The benefits of the MP is it’s portability - it’s not just easier to carry but takes up less room and is far more compact, can be set up quicker and thus flown in more versatile locations. I also think OcuSync is a better quality transmission will less latency, glitches and improved signal quality. The Mavic is also more nimble and A LOT quieter, especially the Platinum edition - the P4P is very loud and can be heard quite easily at 400’ from the ground - this will make it more of an annoyance to passers-by and therefore more restrictive as to where you can fly it without complaint.
The Mavic also charges batteries quicker, has similar flight times and is cheaper to buy and accessorise.  
In summary - the P4P is a better camera and the Mavic a better drone - that’s in my personal experience of owning the P4P and the MPP. Others will have different views but that’s mine! An Inspire 2 X5S with everything you need to shoot in 5.2K is more than three times the price of the P4P and aimed at a totally different customer base being a true professional grade drone for film making. The top of the line I2 X7 combo with everything included will set you back over £20,000...  
2018-1-27
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-27 14:18
The P4P has a 1” sensor capable of c.4K @ 60p and 20MP stills, a mechanical shutter, variable aperture, wider ISO range and a video bitrate of 100MBPS. The drone has more tech built in, is more stable, faster and can be carried in a modest back pack. The list goes on but the bottom line is that your images and footage will be of a much better quality with the P4P over the Mavic Pro.
On the flip side, the Mavic still offers useable footage in 4K and good quality 2.7K and 12.35MP stills.
The benefits of the MP is it’s portability - it’s not just easier to carry but takes up less room and is far more compact, can be set up quicker and thus flown in more versatile locations. I also think OcuSync is a better quality transmission will less latency, glitches and improved signal quality. The Mavic is also more nimble and A LOT quieter, especially the Platinum edition - the P4P is very loud and can be heard quite easily at 400’ from the ground - this will make it more of an annoyance to passer-by and more restrictive as to where you can fly it without complaint.

Thank you, Thats about as good as it could be put for me.
2018-1-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs and glad it helped. Yeah, I would be very surprised if we didn’t see an upgrade to the Phantom line this year...
2018-1-28
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Well I do have the MP, experience the short comings of this camera and really would like to step it up a bit camera wise.
At the same time it still needs to be compact, the P4P is not compact.
And the AIR is not for me, really would like to have Ocusync and 2x GPS.
So far DJI have been making strategic choices with their drones, DJI is very agressive with protecting their position in the market so arround August I'm expecting a drone with dimensions comparable to the MP and camera from the P4P.
This is what I'm waiting for..
2018-1-28
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Did find this on youtube.
Maybe this video will help you decide
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced