Weather app for flight planning
7386 21 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Hey there,

I was wondering which Apps or websites you guys can recommend for getting a weather forcast (most importantly the wind conditions) to be able to plan flights? Are there any good ones or do you just rely on the basic weather apps on your phones and the first-hand experience outside?

regards,
peselito

2018-1-26
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I use UAV Forecast App (Free Version - only 24 hour forecasts) & Weather Underground (App and on PC).
Also the app from the german weather service (deutscher wetterdienst) which is only for germany though.
2018-1-26
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

if you have iOS just use weather since it gives wind and humidity and visual.
2018-1-26
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8110 ft
  • >>>
United States

As spookster has mentioned UAV forecast is amazing.  Not only does it provide 24 hours forecast in the free version, but it also charts wind and gust speeds by elevation, meaning you can better estimate the proper flight plan for the day.
2018-1-26
Use props
PedramN
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hello dear folks. I suggest "windy" app from windy.com for weather and especially wind condition. This app is amazing simply and worthy of try. Regards
2018-1-26
Use props
flying_seb
lvl.1

United States

thank you all for the recommendations!
2018-1-26
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I downloaded Kittyhawk, it's a pay app but it's pretty cool. I haven't subscribed to it yet, still on the trial version. But tons of free apps out there.
2018-1-26
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148596 ft
United States

I've been using UAV Forecast free version, NOAA, and my stock weather app. UAV Forecast is only free 24 hour forecast but it's the most critical of flying conditions for sure.
2018-1-26
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Another Windy user here (that’ll be the Brussel Sprouts).
I’ll check out UAV forecast later.
2018-1-27
Use props
Fenit2000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100279 ft
United States

I have been using UAV, but have now checked out Windy as suggested by others and it looks very cool. What I do like about UAV though is it’s very simple and clear and gives you everything you need on the opening screen.
2018-1-27
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

I have both Windy and UAV Forecast, I prefer the information supplied by UAV.
2018-1-27
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I would support Kittyhawk too, but for strictly weather then look at MeteoEarth. Wind at any level (and I have not had any sprouts), precipitation, cloud cover, forecast.
2018-1-27
Use props
"Maverick"1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22123 ft
United States

UAV Forecast is great. It shows you wind speed, gust, and temperature from multiple altitude levels.
2018-1-28
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Yeah...

Another UAV user here.  Very simple approach...look at the top....it's either "Good to Fly" or "Not good to fly"...

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-28
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
India

UAV forecast, great app
2018-1-28
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

Use windy.com for planning your next flights and UAV on the day.
2018-1-29
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Since you are in th USA, the national weather service provides a great service. ( www.weather.gov )

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapC ... ;FcstType=graphical
2018-1-29
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
lvl.4

Ukraine

Look out the window, what you see is what you get
But when it comes to weather forecast apps, I like Weather Underground. They have accurate hourly forecasts with wind speed and direction. I've always found them as accurate as anyone. Free website and app...forecast about a week out. You can do your own research and to decide what works best for you. This can help https://travelsites.com/weather-sites/
2019-7-29
Use props
djiuser_S9o8kysodPsq
lvl.1

Philippines

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-1-28 21:14
Yeah...

Another UAV user here.  Very simple approach...look at the top....it's either "Good to Fly" or "Not good to fly"...

agree! uav forecast is 100% accurate when it says not good to fly due to insufficient satellites locked with red markings.. my mavic air 2 itself is barely locking 8 satellites..
2020-12-5
Use props
Vernon H
New

Pakistan

From current conditions and forecasts to wind speed and visibility, every detail is at your fingertips. The user-friendly design ensures quick navigation, allowing you to make informed decisions swiftly. you can visit for more infor : https://blackdiamond.pk/
2023-8-15
Use props
waterlogic
lvl.1

Pakistan

Creating a weather app for flight planning involves several key features to ensure pilots have access to accurate and up-to-date weather information for their flight routes, while also incorporating content related to Waterlogic, a company specializing in water purification and filtration solutions.
2023-8-16
Use props
waterlogic
lvl.1

Pakistan

Creating a weather app for flight planning involves several key features to ensure pilots have access to accurate and up-to-date weather information for their flight routes, while also incorporating content related to Waterlogic, a company specializing in water purification and filtration solutions visit for detail https://www.waterlogic.pk/
2023-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules