1457 8 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kbails84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57730 ft
United States

Greetings!
I am new to the DJI Forum and could not find anything that addressed the issue that I was having. I submitted a claim to DJI about my drone flying roughly 200 feet away and disconnecting. This disconnection was not recovered and resulted in total loss of the DJI Spark. I contacted customer support and they stated that they would investigate.
Within 1-2 days they had completed their investigation and ruled that the reason for the loss could not be determined.
The DJI rep offered to replace my drone at a 30% discount. I disputed this because the drone did not return home. Does anyone know where I can go from here? Has anyone had similar experiences where only a percentage of the drone was offered for replacement.

Judging by this response I got from them, they are basically saying that the disconnect in the open area (as indicated in my flight plan review) was 70% my fault and they were willing to cover 30% only.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
2018-1-26
Use props
steve_in_TX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112871 ft
United States

The surest way to keep the Spark from flying away is to make sure that it is in GPS mode, sees several satellites, and establishes the "home" position BEFORE you start flying.  I've had the software on the phone die mid-flight many times, and still be able to fly the Spark with the remote alone, and push the return home button and it would come home.
I hope you get a favorable resolution.
2018-1-28
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

steve_in_TX Posted at 2018-1-28 17:33
The surest way to keep the Spark from flying away is to make sure that it is in GPS mode, sees several satellites, and establishes the "home" position BEFORE you start flying.  I've had the software on the phone die mid-flight many times, and still be able to fly the Spark with the remote alone, and push the return home button and it would come home.

Good feedback for all the flyaway pilots  .
2018-1-28
Use props
Kbails84
lvl.1
United States

steve_in_TX Posted at 2018-1-28 17:33
The surest way to keep the Spark from flying away is to make sure that it is in GPS mode, sees several satellites, and establishes the "home" position BEFORE you start flying.  I've had the software on the phone die mid-flight many times, and still be able to fly the Spark with the remote alone, and push the return home button and it would come home.

Thank you for your support. The home position was set. I sat there waiting for it to come back like a small child waiting to be picked up from school. As indicated in my flight review I had 15 satellites. It was over the water on a clear calm day. I am willing to admit I made a mistake if a mistake is made, I'm certainly no professional (yet) but I certainly want to them to consider my information before offering a Lollipop for my loss.
2018-1-28
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be interesting to see if we can learn anything from your experience.  Would it be possible for you to go to the following site, follow the directions to upload your logs, and then post the resulting link here for us to check out?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-28
Use props
Kbails84
lvl.1
United States

2018-1-28
Use props
Kbails84
lvl.1
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-1-28 22:49
It would be interesting to see if we can learn anything from your experience.  Would it be possible for you to go to the following site, follow the directions to upload your logs, and then post the resulting link here for us to check out?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Yes. I will upload my log and keep you informed. Again, I appreciate the support. I have attached (2) pictures from their flight review. I attempted to post the "street view" but the image is too large it seems.
2018-1-28
Use props
steve_in_TX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112871 ft
United States

I noticed in your screens that it shows the remote controller in atti mode.  Should it not be in gps mode to function correctly?
2018-1-29
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kbails84 Posted at 2018-1-28 22:53
Yes. I will upload my log and keep you informed. Again, I appreciate the support. I have attached (2) pictures from their flight review. I attempted to post the "street view" but the image is too large it seems.

What was the exact commentary they sent along with the images?  They seem to be pointing out something about the GPS coordinates since they are highlighted.

Seeing the logs for ourselves would help us to be able to see if we see the same things DJI reported or if we see anything else that may be useful to you in fighting for a higher level warranty claim.

Do you have a video recorded in the cache of your phone of the flight that you could share?
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules