13346 92 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

Scottifa Posted at 2018-1-30 16:04
The specs clearly state it’s a 12mp camera. The 32mp spherical image is created with 25 images.

Ahh - missed that.  Thanks for the info.

It'll still catch a few unwary out - stating that it's a 32Mp camera.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans1b692b8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34255 ft
United States

Awesome great review.  I am looking to get one hopefully.  Just bought my Mavic Pro so have to wait to get the funds....
2018-1-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2018-1-31 01:28
When did you get yours?  I got mine Monday and was pretty happy with that speed of delivery.  Uploaded my video Wednesday....
Cheers,
Ian

Picked mine up from John Lewis at about 10.30 Monday morning.

Dennis
2018-1-31
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1b692b8d Posted at 2018-1-31 05:15
Awesome great review.  I am looking to get one hopefully.  Just bought my Mavic Pro so have to wait to get the funds....

He's done a great review... and great place to carry it out!  Personally  I'm not so sure about the need to get an Air if you already own a Mavic Pro... I'll be putting mine through its paces over the weekend....
Cheers
Ian

2018-1-31
Use props
Scottifa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266125 ft
Australia

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-1-31 03:23
Ahh - missed that.  Thanks for the info.

It'll still catch a few unwary out - stating that it's a 32Mp camera.

Yeah true, you do need to read on a bit further to get all the info. Many don’t I guess.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans5fd2a7f3
lvl.4
United States

Great review and video.

Thank you for sharing.

Marcelo
2018-1-31
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

This is a great product. I ll hang on to Spark for the meantime and wait for the Mavic Air 3.0 or 4.0 or just get the future version of the Mavic Pro. I really see no fault with the size of the Mavic Pro if I see people travelling with it and the Mavic Pro I'm sure is a physically studier bird with a sturdier connection too.

2018-1-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have not done many tests yet but I an pleased with my Mavic Air. Mind you I also love my little Spark there is something about its size and simple shape I like.

A tip for all Mavic Air owners is that it is incredibly easy to leave the gimbal cover on as it is so well designed.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An update

Had a couple of flights now and the following are some simple comments generally compared with my Spark:

1) The SD card is quite hard to get in and out
2) You need to select in the App which media you are recording to SD or internal. I took my card out and no vid on it. It was all on the Internal Storage
3) To get at the internal Storage you need to use the special USB Lead that came with the package (Don't loose this as it has an odd end that plugs into the Mavic Air near the SD) and plug into your computer
4) If your computer is a bit old you might have issues with it seeing the internal storage over USB. I had this issue
5) It is quite loud in flight.
6) It is less plug and play as far as the camera is concerned compared to the Spark

Here is a big one:

7) If the other Kit you own is oldish (I don't mean that old) Many of the enhanced video features over the Spark are no use unless you upgrade and spend loads more cash. For example I have 4 computers and a 3 month old Ipad. And If I go anywhere above Full HD 1080P 60fps the files wont load/run on what I have. I understand why this is because the sheer amount of data involved and the codecs needed are not available or capable of running on older kit.

This was true of the DJI go App itself. It needs a decent Ipad (I would say nothing less than Ipad 3 on high IOS) to run at all

Dennis
2018-2-1
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Wrong forum ;)
2018-2-1
Use props
rockface
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9386 ft
United States

My Mavic Air came in yesterday, and I have just 10 (life-time) minutes of air time under my belt.  My 1st impressions are this is not a toy!  

Every seam is clean and all the moving parts are firm.  While it is plastic it's still feels high-end and strong.   But the most surprising feature of the Mavic Air is it's responsiveness in the air!  Every command to stop, go, rotate, up, down or slide left and right... every movement is like a machine!  Then when you stop... it just hangs there, in mid-air, (defining the laws of nature) waiting for it's next instruction.  As if i am the commander of a well trained marine.  There is clearly a lot to learn and i'm taking things very slow.
2018-2-1
Use props
rockface
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9386 ft
United States

rockface Posted at 2018-2-1 05:31
My Mavic Air came in yesterday, and I have just 10 (life-time) minutes of air time under my belt.  My 1st impressions are this is not a toy!  

Every seam is clean and all the moving parts are firm.  While it is plastic it's still feels high-end and strong.   But the most surprising feature of the Mavic Air is it's responsiveness in the air!  Every command to stop, go, rotate, up, down or slide left and right... every movement is like a machine!  Then when you stop... it just hangs there, in mid-air, (defining the laws of nature) waiting for it's next instruction.  As if i am the commander of a well trained marine.  There is clearly a lot to learn and i'm taking things very slow.

My bad... seems the folding arms are magnezium which gives them much more strength.
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Enjoy, I would advise read the manual but it seems it’s not released yet.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is an example of one of my early flights. This is s screen recording from my Ipad Min 3 and you can see that to fly the Mavic Air and screen record needs a bit more power than the little mini 3 can provide.

You will also see that all the sensors on the MA can be a pain when taking off in a garden and you just want to navigate round them yourself. You can of course turn these off.

I will post the actual flight which was 1080p 60 fps in a moment. It will take a while on my internet. Here is the screen capture

Dennis
2018-2-1
Use props
fansc7c2c632
New

United States

Nice! I just got mine, I’ll fire her up later
2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is a simple pic taken on a very windy day above my house.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is a short vid in very windy conditions 1080p 60 FPS You Tube seems to reduce the quality somewhat. It is much better than this on my PC

I would have gone a lot higher but the wind was gusting to 24 miles an hour according to my weather station that you can see spinning like crazy in the wind

2018-2-1
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Thanks for sharing. I so luv flying my Spark but now starting to think Mavic Air
2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a little mess around with the Video Editor in the Go 4 App it is quite a lot of fun. Here is one of my efforts all filmed on the Spark and Mavic Air. Have a go you will enjoy it. You tube seems to reduce the quality quite a bit

2018-2-1
Use props
the007bandit
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the share! I ordered one and cannot wait to get it!
2018-2-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another little effort. Have a go it is fun

2018-2-1
Use props
qYxMJQsq2IEo
New
South Africa

Great video. I also just finished my unboxing
2018-2-1
Use props
MrDunny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55702 ft
United Kingdom

Great vid's, thanks for sharing.
2018-2-2
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182808 ft
United States

Got out this morning with mine and took some pretty decent footage. Very happy with results. factory camera settings. no color grading. really enjoying this drone. coming from rc planes years ago i cant  believe how simple it is to fly this thing and how stable it is! Cheers!
This is my second flight with the Mavic Air.

2018-2-2
Use props
Mr Ed
lvl.4
United States

Thanks very helpful
2018-2-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CSMelzer Posted at 2018-2-2 14:06
Got out this morning with mine and took some pretty decent footage. Very happy with results. factory camera settings. no color grading. really enjoying this drone. coming from rc planes years ago i cant  believe how simple it is to fly this thing and how stable it is! Cheers!
This is my second flight with the Mavic Air.

Excellent video. You live in a lovely place. It is cold dark and miserable over here in the UK.

Looks like you are having fun already. I also fly RC Planes and Jets and these little copters are a lovely diversion

Dennis UK
2018-2-2
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Those removable thumb stick are very cool.
Can this remote work with the Mavic Pro and Vice-versa?
2018-2-3
Use props
JJ Wright
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162244 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine arrived the other day. After charging battery and RC in addition to firmware update, took it up for a quick spin. Felt very smooth and responsive. Using basicallly the default camera settings, shot about 5 minutes and ran the footage thru DJI Go editor.

2018-2-3
Use props
cgold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1512572 ft
Australia

The dogs hate the sound of the Mavic Air
2018-2-3
Use props
drones-forever
New

United States

awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Homepage: http://gadgetx.co

2018-2-3
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

same with the Spark that cost $370 total NIB including TAX!    the fly more with controller. I will wait for the Mavic Air hits $500 and save a bundle.  Best Buy price Match to Micro Center, etc...
2018-2-4
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

JJ Wright Posted at 2018-2-3 08:27
Mine arrived the other day. After charging battery and RC in addition to firmware update, took it up for a quick spin. Felt very smooth and responsive. Using basicallly the default camera settings, shot about 5 minutes and ran the footage thru DJI Go editor.

https://youtu.be/ihLd_-ms7DY

why add music to the background?  i would rather hear with the Mavic Air hears. NOTHING! lol
2018-2-4
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Mini-G Posted at 2018-2-3 06:20
Those removable thumb stick are very cool.
Can this remote work with the Mavic Pro and Vice-versa?

No. the Mavic Pro uses a much better signal.
2018-2-4
Use props
nuri
lvl.4

Turkey

Thank you for sharing.
2018-2-4
Use props
jenniferbrownz
New

Vietnam

Well done! Looks like a nice goto camera for quick shots. The Inspire 2 is the Ferrari of drones and has many advantages when it comes to video quality, prop interference and the ability to fly in higher winds.
soundcloud to mp3, kissmanga reader
2018-2-6
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

NOTE: unlike the Spark, the Mavic Air does NOT support battery charging through its (USB-C) port!!!

2018-2-6
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

28wins Posted at 2018-2-6 09:30
NOTE: unlike the Spark, the Mavic Air does NOT support battery charging through its (USB-C) port!!!

Yes. a good thing because of the heat generated when charging isn't good for your drone.
2018-2-7
Use props
Chrisjf428
New
United States

2018-2-7
Use props
Raúl Faranna , Azul , Argentina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164754 ft
Argentina

Thank you for sharing your information
2018-2-7
Use props
ManAndDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3538297 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-31 02:20
Thanks for showing, now really missing the summer here in the (not really) cold North.

"Really need another few batteries" i told you so already in #6

Hey there up in the northern hemisphere !
I would say so far the noise reduction is definitely better than the Phantoms (except the p4p)
Sat count... No idea it's gonna be different here, i never worry about that if it works it works never had a sat problem with the i2's, p4p or Air here in NZ
2018-2-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules