123Next >
5807 81 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Dear DJI team, my Mavic Air is sheduled for delivery on Monday 29. Can you please make GO4 version 4.2.4 available for CrystalSky as soon as possible to allow full use of Mavic Air with it?
2018-1-27
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hey Wachtberger, congratulations with the new Mavic Air, i am sure you will enjoy and review this fantastic flying camera!
Hope DJI comes soon with this new GO4 version for CS!

2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

JMR58 Posted at 2018-1-27 05:13
Hey Wachtberger, congratulations with the new Mavic Air, i am sure you will enjoy and review this fantastic flying camera!
Hope DJI comes soon with this new GO4 version for CS!

Thank you dear friend! I am very excited about it and shall start testing and reporting immediately. I hope for a delivery time not too late in the day in order to get it up still during daylight and good flying weather of course. Would be too bad if either of should fail ;-)
2018-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There seems to be no movement on Crystalsky app updating, it seems strange that it is always so far behind when it comes to being updated.
I’m not sure why this is always the case , I don’t envisage we will see it updated for release of Mavic Air which is disappointing, we shall wait and see.
2018-1-27
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've given up on them updating the CS, gone back to using the Ipad Mini 4
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 05:53
There seems to be no movement on Crystalsky app updating, it seems strange that it is always so far behind when it comes to being updated.
I’m not sure why this is always the case , I don’t envisage we will see it updated for release of Mavic Air which is disappointing, we shall wait and see.

I fully agree that there is some margin for improvement in this regard... ;-)
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

lannes Posted at 2018-1-27 06:01
I've given up on them updating the CS, gone back to using the Ipad Mini 4

I'll test the Mavic Air with both CrystalSky and my tablet and shall report back on my findings.
2018-1-27
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

It's sad and perplexing that DJI does not seem to want to keep the Crystalsky, which is their own main display platform, up to date.   It's a wonderful display and much better than anything available IMO, but to have it's software lag behind what is available for 3rd party devices is mind boggling.

Anyways, on a positive note I look forward to reading Wachtberger's thoughts on the new MA with CS.
2018-1-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Far_North Posted at 2018-1-27 06:27
It's sad and perplexing that DJI does not seem to want to keep the Crystalsky, which is their own main display platform, up to date.   It's a wonderful display and much better than anything available IMO, but to have it's software lag behind what is available for 3rd party devices is mind boggling.

Anyways, on a positive note I look forward to reading Wachtberger's thoughts on the new MA with CS.

I fully agree and hope that CS support will improve. It is a flagship device that truly merits better care by DJI.
2018-1-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-27 07:02
I fully agree and hope that CS support will improve. It is a flagship device that truly merits better care by DJI.

yeah but since there is no competition at all (3DR/GOPRO/... are all crying), DJI don t care anymore of their customers.
2018-1-27
Use props
Texan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637287 ft
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-27 07:08
yeah but since there is no competition at all (3DR/GOPRO/... are all crying), DJI don t care anymore of their customers.

I am second on that.  I want to buy crystal sky 7.8 U now but kept reading bugs/issues and  lack of firmware supports.  I am guessing maybe DJI is abandoned the product...
2018-1-27
Use props
fansadb0b0ba
New
Flight distance : 57457 ft
United Arab Emirates

that would be really nice, i got my air today and cannot use it with the crystalsky, bit of a disappointment
2018-1-28
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Canada

fansadb0b0ba Posted at 2018-1-28 04:22
that would be really nice, i got my air today and cannot use it with the crystalsky, bit of a disappointment

That must be very disappointing...........and not acceptable on DJI's part.
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let us all know when it arrives! Exciting times ahead - congrats once more mate and hope it brings you hours of fun and some amazing footage
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-29 06:09
Let us all know when it arrives! Exciting times ahead - congrats once more mate and hope it brings you hours of fun and some amazing footage

Thanks a lot! :-) I am slowly getting nervous. Delivery was scheduled for today according to DHL but the eagle has not yet landed ;-)
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 06:12
Thanks a lot! :-) I am slowly getting nervous. Delivery was scheduled for today according to DHL but the eagle has not yet landed ;-)

It will fly down and land in your hand soon enough LOL DHL usually text/email a one-hour slot for delivery on the day.
2018-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, If you try to use the CS with the Air, it thinks its connected to a Phantom 3 Pro and then uses the Go App not the Go 4 App, which then will give you an image but lots of error messages. So CS and Air is a no go at the moment!
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-1-29 09:14
Hi, If you try to use the CS with the Air, it thinks its connected to a Phantom 3 Pro and then uses the Go App not the Go 4 App, which then will give you an image but lots of error messages. So CS and Air is a no go at the moment!

Have you tried starting GO 4 before switching on RC and Air and have you tried via WiFi connection too? At least the latter should work.
2018-1-29
Use props
Mike Leung
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5266017 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

My Crystal Sky is waiting for v4.2.4 update for DJI GO 4 app too. As a flagship product, I have no idea why the support for Mavic Air lags behind so terribly.
2018-1-29
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Canada

Not only did DJI miss the boat on this one they forgot to buy a ticket.
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Far_North Posted at 2018-1-29 14:22
Not only did DJI miss the boat on this one they forgot to buy a ticket.

We'll encourage them to invest in a speedboat
2018-1-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's incredulous to think how far behind DJI is with the CS, we are still on DJI Go 4 4.1.18, we have missed 4.1.20, 4.1.22 and now 4.2.4

Are DJI waiting until it gets to 5.0  before doing anything  and all the while 4.1.18 kills out CS UB  back lighting with impunity.

We really need 4.2.4 now, not tomorrow
2018-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 09:17
Have you tried starting GO 4 before switching on RC and Air and have you tried via WiFi connection too? At least the latter should work.

Hi,

Yes, it just told me to use Go App instead, didn't try Wi-Fi, may try that later today if I get a chance.
2018-1-30
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Can we load an new DJI go 4 APK on Crystal Sky ?  DJI is hopeless on this one !!
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-1-30 05:39
Can we load an new DJI go 4 APK on Crystal Sky ?  DJI is hopeless on this one !!

No unfortunately not, it will not install. On CrystalSky we have a special version of the app which is embedded in the firmware. DJI has to provide this special version with a firmware update to us and I really hope that they are working hard to make it happen soon! CrytalSky is one of DJIs flagship professional accessoires and should receive better support.
2018-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-30 06:05
No unfortunately not, it will not install. On CrystalSky we have a special version of the app which is embedded in the firmware. DJI has to provide this special version with a firmware update to us and I really hope that they are working hard to make it happen soon! CrytalSky is one of DJIs flagship professional accessoires and should receive better support.

In answer to your question as to if the MA will connect to the CS using WiFi the answer is... Nope, it does not even show up as an available Access Point.

My iPhone X sees it and connects no problem.

2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-1-30 10:25
In answer to your question as to if the MA will connect to the CS using WiFi the answer is... Nope, it does not even show up as an available Access Point.

My iPhone X sees it and connects no problem.

Then we are in a really bad situation that should be addressed immediately! Too bad...
@DJI: It's your turn now, ok?
2018-1-30
Use props
Rapazcl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1369915 ft
Chile

I really do not understand, we  buy a product to run a specific DJI go Or DJI GO4 application, and the DJI effort should be that the consumers of that product have the updates and the features.
But that does not happen, we wait longer than phone user
Here in South America the p roduct costs about $ 1000.... better would have bought a bigger phone.
2018-1-30
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I felt DJI just cheated my money on this !!

Cannot use my Mavic Air because of this !!

2018-1-30
Use props
Texan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637287 ft
United States

CS is manufactured by third party vendor.  QC definitely is not up to par.
2018-1-30
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-29 15:52
It's incredulous to think how far behind DJI is with the CS, we are still on DJI Go 4 4.1.18, we have missed 4.1.20, 4.1.22 and now 4.2.4

Are DJI waiting until it gets to 5.0  before doing anything  and all the while 4.1.18 kills out CS UB  back lighting with impunity.

Yeah I'm a little upset about the lack of CS support.  Luckily I didn't sell my iPad Mini, because my Air will be here tomorrow
2018-1-30
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-30 17:08
Yeah I'm a little upset about the lack of CS support.  Luckily I didn't sell my iPad Mini, because my Air will be here tomorrow

Yeah mate.....CS's are failing badly. You always need a backup.
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-30 17:08

It all seems a bit crazy with CS nobody who owns a CS should have to wait longer than those using phones for updates, these things cost the price of a small drone and are becoming unusable. I got two of these to avoid having to use my phone, it’s maybe time for a mod to row in here.
2018-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just on a side note, if you have the Mavic DJI mount it won’t worK with the RC for the Mavic Air, the slots cut in the device holder are a different size (pitch) so the captive part of the mount won’t fit.

Come on DJI, some joined up thinking needed between your departments!

Having said all that, it’s supposed to be ultra portable so as it supports my iPhone X all good, it would just be nice to have ‘some’ interchangeability between devices!
2018-1-31
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-1-31 01:13
Just on a side note, if you have the Mavic DJI mount it won’t worK with the RC for the Mavic Air, the slots cut in the device holder are a different size (pitch) so the captive part of the mount won’t fit.

Come on DJI, some joined up thinking needed between your departments!

Yes, that's another thing that irks me.  I'm thinking that I'll take a Dremel and make the mount fit.  Un freaking believable that no one in the DJI engineering encountered this.  Then again the CS doesn't work with the Air, thus they wouldn't have attempted even mounting it.

Come on DJI...get with the program!
2018-1-31
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 17:29
It all seems a bit crazy with CS nobody who owns a CS should have to wait longer than those using phones for updates, these things cost the price of a small drone and are becoming unusable. I got two of these to avoid having to use my phone, it’s maybe time for a mod to row in here.

Agree, no so much as a peep here from DJI.
2018-1-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK DJI , enough is enough get a move on with the upgrade, it's not a joke anymore, why aren't you focusing on the CS upgrade, were at 4.2.4 now

Epson have DJI Go 4.2.4 working on the BT-300 so that we can fly the MA , it can't be that hard CMON!!!!!!!

I'm just going to use my BT-300's and throw the CS's into the corner. I can't use the Ultra because it's going to melt and have a back light failure, I can't use my 5.5 because it not compatible with the MA.

Your failure to update is also reducing the value of our CS units in the secondhand market, we can't even sell them as no one is buying them with all the problems.

Why can't you be more like Epson and support your CS users who have spent a lot of money buying them.

2018-1-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger did you get your MA,  how does it fly ?
2018-1-31
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

lannes Posted at 2018-1-31 07:18
Wachtberger did you get your MA,  how does it fly ?

Not yet, but now it should arrive soon. Got good news from DHL :-)
2018-1-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This is getting ridiculous IOS is now at version 4.2.5 and we CS users are on 4.1.18, we are behind 4 versions
2018-1-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules