123Next >
5813 81 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

I've given up on Crystal Sky and gone back to my iPad mini 4. DJI why don't you properly support your flagship products like the Inspire 2 or the Crystal Sky?? I'm sick and tired of issues going unsolved and a lack of updates to your flagship products. Quality control is also going down the toilet...
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_LP0Yj8B42Avg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219003 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

dan_vector Posted at 2018-1-31 21:51
I've given up on Crystal Sky and gone back to my iPad mini 4. DJI why don't you properly support your flagship products like the Inspire 2 or the Crystal Sky?? I'm sick and tired of issues going unsolved and a lack of updates to your flagship products. Quality control is also going down the toilet...

Dan I am with you.  It's a lot of money to spend on a device that can only be used with a DJI drone, when, in fact, you can't use it with a DJI drone (Mavic Air).
2018-1-31
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_LP0Yj8B42Avg Posted at 2018-1-31 23:02
Dan I am with you.  It's a lot of money to spend on a device that can only be used with a DJI drone, when, in fact, you can't use it with a DJI drone (Mavic Air).

I’m hearing you Boys... Shame DJI
2018-2-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still not a single Moderator post to this thread
2018-2-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-2-1 05:36
Still not a single Moderator post to this thread

We must have frightened them, as militant as we are
2018-2-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-1 05:37
We must have frightened them, as militant as we are

True...I try not to gripe too much, but after spending $900+ for a device (ie. CS) to use with all my DJI platforms and not being able to use it is upsetting.  Not to mention the fact that the $80 DJI CS Mount for the Mavic/Spark doesn't fit in my Air RC.  Now that's just plain poor planning.
2018-2-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-2-1 05:42
True...I try not to gripe too much, but after spending $900+ for a device (ie. CS) to use with all my DJI platforms and not being able to use it is upsetting.  Not to mention the fact that the $80 DJI CS Mount for the Mavic/Spark doesn't fit in my Air RC.  Now that's just plain poor planning.

There clearly is margin for certain improvements ;-) And I fully agree, the fact that we are not able to use CS with Air for the time being is unacceptable.
2018-2-1
Use props
fans622ce843
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61319 ft
United States

I thought I saw a thread that someone was going to start a class action suit  for the Crystalsky so we can all get our money back
2018-2-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans622ce843 Posted at 2018-2-1 07:34
I thought I saw a thread that someone was going to start a class action suit  for the Crystalsky so we can all get our money back

Hmm...I haven't seen that yet.  I'm no lawyer, but being that DJI is a Chinese company and assming the volume of CrystalSky sales weren't very high.  I doubt an attorney would take on the case on a contingent basis.
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans622ce843 Posted at 2018-2-1 07:34

Don’t know if you remember but when activating dji products you agree not to take any class action.

All that aside , it’s pretty poor that we have to wait so long for updates, no explanation as to why when or how.
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-2-1 05:42

This is becoming a bit of a rip off, I just hope they can come up with a fitting for RC for MavAir that will attach for the one we use with Mavic Pro , which was seriously overpriced in the first place.
2018-2-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 08:53
This is becoming a bit of a rip off, I just hope they can come up with a fitting for RC for MavAir that will attach for the one we use with Mavic Pro , which was seriously overpriced in the first place.

"which was seriously overpriced in the first place."

Yes $80 is a bit much for what it is.
I thought about using a Dremel tool to bore out the slots, but due to the design it still wouldn't help.  Mainly because ti wouldn't sit flush due to the rubber that holds the removable joy-sticks.
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-2-1 09:46
"which was seriously overpriced in the first place."

I’m still waiting for my MavAir, so I can’t really see if anything can be done.
2018-2-1
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI's attitude to the problems important for us is not acceptable. DJI will never become a Great company acting that way
2018-2-1
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

They just stick their heads in the sand as soon as it gets a bit tetchy.....
2018-2-1
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

I don't necessarily mind waiting for updates to Crystal Sky for additional features.  I do agree that is purchasers of a product at a premium from DJI, you would think that platform would receive preferential treatment.  What I do find unacceptable is for DJI to release a new drone that because of the lack of updates for Crystal Sky render it unusable for that new product.  I am also very disappointed about the mounting bracket not being compatible with a new controller.  I also agreed that it was overpriced but paid that price for genuine DJI product and it is a good piece of engineering.  Perhaps DJI will release inside piece that will fit into the new mavic air controller and let you use the rest of the mount as is.

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

I agree with you. Having received my MA today I of course tested myself all options, there was a short moment of hope when GO 4 actually started saying that I had a Phantom 4 Advanced but could not connect to MA then. For the time being no way to get a connection with CS and MA it seems. Also the latest DJI Pilot Beta can't connect. All this needs to be fixed urgently DJI! Are you with me? ;-)
2018-2-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

3 days ago I PM'ed DJI Mindy asking her to help find out when 4.2.4 was going to be ported to the CS.

She has unfortunately not acknowledged or replied to my PM, or even bothered to post a message here in this thread

I suggest we individually PM her asking the same question, at least then we might get a response for the group of posters here and know where we stand.
2018-2-2
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

One more thing about CS... since 4.1.18 (current version of the app on CS) they added their heavy crypto shield (secneo) to the app to prevent modding.
This breaks the advertised 180 ms latency of the device because it add a lot of overhead to Input/Ouput and to CPU.
2018-2-4
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-2 21:19
3 days ago I PM'ed DJI Mindy asking her to help find out when 4.2.4 was going to be ported to the CS.

She has unfortunately not acknowledged or replied to my PM, or even bothered to post a message here in this thread

How does one go about doing this?
2018-2-4
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am on the same boat... waiting for the CS. Please update DJI.
2018-2-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Pauxier Posted at 2018-2-4 11:29
How does one go about doing this?

Search the forum where she has made a post, on her profile to the left of screen which shows her avatar , you'll see a box for "personal message"
2018-2-4
Use props
fans20661b4a
lvl.1
United States

fansadb0b0ba Posted at 2018-1-28 04:22
that would be really nice, i got my air today and cannot use it with the crystalsky, bit of a disappointment

I'm returning the Mavic Air back to DJI. I was very disappointed  to find out that the Mavic Air is not supported.  I have both the  Pro and Spark.. May return the CS too as I just got it too. Awesome display, no support.
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans20661b4a Posted at 2018-2-5 12:47
I'm returning the Mavic Air back to DJI. I was very disappointed  to find out that the Mavic Air is not supported.  I have both the  Pro and Spark.. May return the CS too as I just got it too. Awesome display, no support.

I would recommend to be patient for some more time. Both are great devices and I am sure that the issue will be solved soon. But I admit that I am suffering too from the situation. I got so much used to the quality of my CrystalSky that it's hard to use anything else.
2018-2-5
Use props
fanse7d78dd3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2018-1-31 19:42
This is getting ridiculous IOS is now at version 4.2.5 and we CS users are on 4.1.18, we are behind 4 versions

I think DJI should give us our money back as it is not fit for purpose under trade descriptions act
2018-2-5
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

waiting..patiently.. I am actually just thinking if returning my mavic Air
2018-2-5
Use props
fans2f1ebe3b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53081 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny thing is they were using a Crystaksky monitor during the DJI Launch of the Mavic Air.  Unbelievable, the Spark is even supported....
2018-2-6
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I picked up an inexpensive, compact mount for my CS on the MA, only to find out that the MA still isn't supported. I actually considered grabbing an I2 from the car for this indoor work today. Opted for my iPhone instead of changing birds.  Kind of amazing that DJI isn't supporting their one product though. I'm baffled. It makes no sense.
Inexpensive CS MP/MA/Spark mount via Amazon
2018-2-8
Use props
fans2e012953
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all, I was really considering buying the Crystal Sky until I read these posts. If you look at the reviews on YouTube nothing is mentioned in regards to slow updates, the only way to fire a rocket up DJI is to make sure the lack of support is made known where people can see, and that is Youitube as well as forums like this. Cheers.
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

And here we go! Update has been released :-)
2018-2-9
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-9 08:46
And here we go! Update has been released :-)

Glad to hear that new version is released!! So you can use it with mavic air!!!

I am considering buying  it too....  And I was wondering what kind of crystalsky mount you have?

No sure which one to buy!!

Thanks!!!
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Kune Posted at 2018-2-9 08:57
Glad to hear that new version is released!! So you can use it with mavic air!!!

I am considering buying  it too....  And I was wondering what kind of crystalsky mount you have?

I am using this one and find it perfect. Very solid and not expensive. I have the 7.85'' High Brightness CS:

20171116_160401.jpg
20171116_160419(0).jpg
20171116_160433(0).jpg
20171116_160453.jpg
2018-2-9
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-9 09:01
I am using this one and find it perfect. Very solid and not expensive. I have the 7.85'' High Brightness CS:

Thanks... it definitely looks rock solid!!
2018-2-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The new upgrade has provide MA compatibility via DJI Go 4 4.2.4,  but I am not convinced the overheating problem on the CS Ultra has been resolved. The CS temp is rising to 43c in about 10 minutes and the fan does not come on.
2018-2-9
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using this one and find it perfect. Very solid and not expensive. I have the 7.85'' High Brightness CS:

Looks identical to the one I picked up, including the package. Seems to be sold under a bunch of names. So far the update and MA are playing nicely together!
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Dan M Posted at 2018-2-9 13:18
Looks identical to the one I picked up, including the package. Seems to be sold under a bunch of names. So far the update and MA are playing nicely together!

Thank you for the feedback, I am curious to find out myself in the coming days :-)
2018-2-9
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Very nice mount and thanks for sharing!!!
I use a "Mavmount" for my Mavic Pro and they sell an adapter on their site to add for the Crystal Sky. I have had my 7.85 Ultra for about two weeks now and have yet to open it due to poor weather. Basically waiting for Spring to arrive.
Do you think they will have the maps problem solved anytime soon.?
2018-2-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Rickyber Posted at 2018-2-26 08:35
Very nice mount and thanks for sharing!!!
I use a "Mavmount" for my Mavic Pro and they sell an adapter on their site to add for the Crystal Sky. I have had my 7.85 Ultra for about two weeks now and have yet to open it due to poor weather. Basically waiting for Spring to arrive.
Do you think they will have the maps problem solved anytime soon.?

Congratulations for your "Ultra"! Are you referring to the offline maps? No idea either when they might become available again.
2018-2-26
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-26 08:39
Congratulations for your "Ultra"! Are you referring to the offline maps? No idea either when they might become available again.

I am a dummy so far with the CS, since I have not used it. I guess I am referring to the offline maps.
So, maybe you can tell me , when you are using it does it have the same map that you currently see in real time when using a tablet or other device?
The one that shows your drone and current home point in the DJIGo4 app?
2018-2-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Rickyber Posted at 2018-2-26 09:01
I am a dummy so far with the CS, since I have not used it. I guess I am referring to the offline maps.
So, maybe you can tell me , when you are using it does it have the same map that you currently see in real time when using a tablet or other device?
The one that shows your drone and current home point in the DJIGo4 app?

Yes, it is the same.
2018-2-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules