892 6 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sitecre8r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192251 ft

United Kingdom

Hi,
I can’t get GS to work with iPad Mini 4.
Latest version of GS; iPad OS is up to date, as is f/w on the MP.
What am 8 doing wrong?
Thanks,
Bass
2018-1-27
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Can you explain the problem in more detail? Has GSP installed through the App Store? If it has, does it launch the app? Have you got an error or just a blank screen? Do you have a good WiFi or cell signal when opening the app? Can you screenshot any errors? You need to help us out with more information so we can try to help you!
And just to check, are you using the DJI app “DJI Ground Station Pro”, or the similarly titled “Ground Station”? Never heard of “Ground Station” before, but in the reviews everyone is saying it no longer works.
2018-1-27
Use props
sitecre8r
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Damo,

Thanks for taking the time to send such a thorough reply.

I wasn't using DJI Ground Station Pro, but something called Ground Station - rookie mistake, although it's not really a drone mistake is it? I've just been duped!

Thanks again - you've saved my hairline!

SC
2018-1-27
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

sitecre8r Posted at 2018-1-27 07:16
Hi Damo,

Thanks for taking the time to send such a thorough reply.

Doing some research, I think "Ground Station" was actually made by DJI, but hasn't been maintained in favour of "DJI Ground Station Pro". I think they must have left it available for legacy users as it's quite old now.

Give GSP a go, I use it all the time - but be warned, it does not save flight logs like DJI Go 4, nor does it count towards your flight distance/Growth of Value that DJI Go 4 tracks. Otherwise it's a useful application. If you use it to plan routes in advance, make sure you watch your drone thoroughly throughout the flight too, it's so easy to get one setting wrong and cause problems that you hadn't foreseen (a good example being altitude - you don't want to fly straight into a building or tree!)!
2018-1-27
Use props
sitecre8r
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
Thanks again, for the prompt and refreshingly straightforward reply!
Is Growth of Value an important measure, or just a bit of fun?
Thanks,
SC
PS  GS Pro, Litchi, Autopilot, FPV or something else? I know there have been many MANY words written on the subject, but I'd appreciate your opinion. Thanks
2018-1-27
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

sitecre8r Posted at 2018-1-27 23:38
Hi,
Thanks again, for the prompt and refreshingly straightforward reply!
Is Growth of Value an important measure, or just a bit of fun?

Growth of value, as far as I can tell is just a bit of fun.

They all have their pros and cons - GSP is free and works OK. The others are all paid and, in my opinion, more complicated. GSP, should it cause your drone to crash, is also covered by DJIs warranty, others are not, if they can prove the app was the cause.
2018-1-28
Use props
sitecre8r
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks V much. SC
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules