Stress Cracks, Unstable hover
969 4 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Flight distance : 295000 ft
Slovakia

Hello, i have bought the DJI Phantom 3 Standard in summer of last year. Everything was okay, until a month ago i was doing an inspection of the drone. I noticed a stress crack under left back motor. Iam really careful with the drone, i never crashed it or anything like that. It is going from almost top (where the engine is placed) to left back screw. Also, i feel like the drone is shaky. You cannot see it in the video, but it makes the drone unstable in hover. I have 10 satelites, full bars of GPS and the drone is flying in range of 50 centimeters up, down, left and right (In no wind, with calibrated compass and factory propellers and updated sofrware). The drone is still in warranty period, so i was hoping that mabye DJI could repair it. Anyone had the same problem? Mabye the way how to fix it ? Thanks.
Leon

2018-1-27
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

In most cases I would recommend sending it back for shell replacement however, take note that certain Advanced Settings can cause the motor mounts to develop cracks. If Sensitivity and Gain settings are turned up beyond default, your aircraft can and will exhibit jerky hover corrections instead of making smooth corrections.   
Excessive motor torque will cause the cracks you describe so flying roughly is not a good idea. Review your Advanced Settings in the GO app and turn down sensitivity and gain settings a bit and see if that helps with the jerkyness.  
2018-1-27
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

Betamace Posted at 2018-1-27 06:44
In most cases I would recommend sening it back for shell replacement however take note that when certain settings in advanced settings can cause the motor mounts to develop cracks. If Sensitivity and Gain settings are turned up beyond default, your aircraft can and will exhibit jerky corrections instead of smooth corrections.

I was looking at the settings, and i have raised the up from 1 - 5 %. So i dont think that it would be from the setting up defualt. But thank you very much !
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

__Leon_Fiebig__ Posted at 2018-1-27 06:51
I was looking at the settings, and i have raised the up from 1 - 5 %. So i dont think that it would be from the setting up defualt. But thank you very much !

Leon, I would recommend you contact our support and send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support. I think our support will take a good care of it. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-27
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 23:09
Leon, I would recommend you contact our support and send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support. I think our support will take a good care of it. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for responding !
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules