DJI Mavic Pro "Mag Interference-Check App" problem
70045 17 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicMan101
lvl.4
United States

Hello,
I just got my mavic, I'm trying to fly it, but the controller says, "Mag Interference-Check App". But my device can't connect to the mavic, so there isn't anything to see on the app. I also can't do any calibrations for the same reason; my mavic won't connect to my device. I'm not next to any metal objects or structures either. I've tried multiple devices and multiple charging cables, but it still doesn't work. I've tried disconnecting the wifi as well. Anyone know what to do?

TIA
2018-1-27
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

If you're having some serious issues connecting the drone and the controller/app try following the exact steps in this video from DJI. It may fix your issues for you and magnetic interference can be all over the place even if it's not readily visible so maybe try a completely new area as well. Hope this helps if not let us know what's happening maybe someone will have another helpful hint. Goodluck!
2018-1-27
Use props
MavicMan101
lvl.4
United States

This didn't work either. I have flown the phantom 4 in this exact location many times. I don't think the location is the problem.
2018-1-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

MavicMan101 Posted at 2018-1-27 09:20
This didn't work either. I have flown the phantom 4 in this exact location many times. I don't think the location is the problem.

So you've moved it to a location that you're certain is away from all metal (e.g., it's not sitting on concrete) and you still see the magnetic interference message regardless of where it's located? The Phantom's body doesn't sit as close to the ground as that of the Mavic.
2018-1-27
Use props
MavicMan101
lvl.4
United States

I have a flat field with grass all around me. The closest thing to me is a electrical pole 50+ feet away. I even tried putting the mavic on top of a cardboard box which made it even higher off the ground than the phantom 4. Still no luck.
2018-1-27
Use props
MavicMan101
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-27 09:58
So you've moved it to a location that you're certain is away from all metal (e.g., it's not sitting on concrete) and you still see the magnetic interference message regardless of where it's located? The Phantom's body doesn't sit as close to the ground as that of the Mavic.

I have a flat field with grass all around me. The closest thing to me is a electrical pole 50+ feet away. I even tried putting the mavic on top of a cardboard box which made it even higher off the ground than the phantom 4. Still no luck.
2018-1-27
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

Even in a strong magnetic field you should be able to connect between the RC and the Mavic. You might have problem when you get it in the air but that should have nothing to do with connecting to begin with. So maybe we can ignore the magnetic interference a bit and just concentrate on getting the RC and the Mavic connected.

First, this is a brand new unit and your first time powering it up? Or have you used it before and this problem is just starting? Even out of the box the RC and Mavic should already be linked. Then, you powered up your RC (forget the phone for now, just put it away until the next step) then powered up your Mavic. Is the yellow light flashing fast on the Mavic? It never showed connected? The battery is firmly locked into place?

Then, when you followed the steps in the video for the first method tell us what it didn't do that the video said it should do. You are in RC mode on the RC, not wifi. Right? Did you find "Linking RC" in the app? You press and  hold the button on the Mavic (in the SD card chamber) until you get a notice on the app that RC was linked. You never saw the linked notice?

Is the phone in USB debug mode (assuming Android). If not, give that a shot. Turning on USB debug is different for each phone but I think at minimum it requires you to be in developer mode. Alternatively, try using the center USB port on the RC instead of the one on the side.

The RC should be able to connect to the Mavic with no phone involved. Removing that removes one potential problem. I think method 2 in the video works without a phone. Give that a try if you got this far and tell us the results.

If you're still not connecting then you got beyond my limited knowledge. Assuming you rebooted everything at least once (including restarting your phone) and powering up the RC before the Mavic, it should report connected in a matter of seconds. At this point I'd be reaching out to DJI support for help.
2018-1-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavicMan101 Posted at 2018-1-27 10:49
I have a flat field with grass all around me. The closest thing to me is a electrical pole 50+ feet away. I even tried putting the mavic on top of a cardboard box which made it even higher off the ground than the phantom 4. Still no luck.

The arms of the Mavic are unfolded when you see this error on controller ?

The fact that you are seeing this message suggests that the RC and Mavic are talking to each other.

How are you trying to connect your device to RC, if using the lower full sized USB socket then the side micro USB cable needs to be unplugged from RC for lower USB to work.
2018-1-27
Use props
MavicMan101
lvl.4
United States

Oddly enough, it's working now. I tried at least 3 different cables, and 2 different devices, but it still didn't work. Out of desperation, I tried another cable. This time, for some reason, it worked! I have live feed coming into the device, and right now I am updating the firmware. If the problem comes back, I'll let you know. Thanks everyone!
2018-1-27
Use props
djiuser_a74SBcmFYXhn
New
South Africa

I just bought the Mavic Pro and getting the erro: DJI Mavic Pro "Mag Interference-Check App" -- i am in an open field far away from any interference. PLEASE HELP
2018-2-11
Use props
djiuser_a74SBcmFYXhn
New
South Africa

I just bought the Mavic Pro and getting the erro: DJI Mavic Pro "Mag Interference-Check App" -- i am in an open field far away from any interference. PLEASE HELP
2018-2-11
Use props
Leo-1
lvl.1

United States

Kevin_d Posted at 2018-1-27 10:53
Even in a strong magnetic field you should be able to connect between the RC and the Mavic. You might have problem when you get it in the air but that should have nothing to do with connecting to begin with. So maybe we can ignore the magnetic interference a bit and just concentrate on getting the RC and the Mavic connected.

First, this is a brand new unit and your first time powering it up? Or have you used it before and this problem is just starting? Even out of the box the RC and Mavic should already be linked. Then, you powered up your RC (forget the phone for now, just put it away until the next step) then powered up your Mavic. Is the yellow light flashing fast on the Mavic? It never showed connected? The battery is firmly locked into place?

HELP.  It's been a month.  I still haven't launched my Mavic 2 Pro because of the MAG INTERF error message.  I have read every single post and answer on this and other Forums, tried everything suggested, one thing at a time to try to isolate the issue.  The only thing I can't do is calibrate the compass, because I can't get past the message to select the function.  Oddly, the RC does claim to be Connected and I have the app running on the phone, but NO DISPLAYs on the phone screen from within the app.  The msg does say "check App" so I have deleted and reloaded the app, checked for updates and made sure the phone is in Airplane mode.   I running out of options and patience.  What else can I try???
2019-2-10
Use props
fans9ee34723
New

Italy

Hi everybody, sorry if I just post for the first time without introducing me.
After not flying for a while I got the "MAG INTERF - CHECK APP" message. After 2 days I tried the original lightning cable from the RC USB to iPhone and it works again. I've noticed that the RC port is probably damaged because every time I need charge it it doesn't fit in properly.
I hope I can help, sorry for my English!
2019-2-17
Use props
djiuser_mU1KOWobsxq0
New

United States

Make sure you are logged into DJI app
2020-7-21
Use props
Mavic2 ent
lvl.1

Canada

My controller and aircraft are connected, but when I am trying to calibrate the message comes on the controller saying Check APP- Mag Inteference. No metal or magnet around. Can someone please help?  
2020-7-24
Use props
fans62a87d2b
New
Flight distance : 48747 ft
United States

I had this same issue for the first time today. Upraged the Firmware and that didn't help. I calibrated the compass and that solved the problem.
2020-12-5
Use props
neo fly
New

New Zealand

got the same pb with the mavic pro2 did you by any chance resolve it ?
2022-3-4
Use props
fans2210399b
New
Flight distance : 539977 ft
India

Hi, I had encountered the same issue. the one thing you need to know is that these "Mag Interference " and "Connecting"  issue are two different things. the Mag  interference issue is caused only if there is large antenna nearby or the drone is on top of reinforced concrete, and if your take off points are 2 to 3 km from your last position.  The connection issue is because of port or wire issue. the above mentioned scenario arises when both these issues are combined . SOLUTION   I have a mivic PRO and the remote has a USB port at the bottom. use a USB mobile charger wire to connect the phone and RC. This will solve the issue of connection, once you are able to connect to the drone, do a compass calibration (the Calibration Dance ; ) ).  after this I ordered new wire from amazon.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules