A question about Android tablets
3071 13 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tas99
lvl.3

United States

In the Phantom 3 specs it lists a number of Android devices that have been tested but also indicates Android devices with Android 4.1.2 or later.

Can I assume that a tablet running Android 4.4 has a reasonable chance of operating successfully?
2015-4-25
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It seems that you also have to have reasonably fast graphics processing as well - not just Android 4.1.2+
2015-4-25
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

Wonder if I can get away with my Transformer Prime (updated with 5.0.1), it was a fast quad core (by two year ago standards..lol)
2015-4-26
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Would samaung galaxy tab 3 with 4.2.2 be ok?
2015-4-26
Use props
radus77
lvl.1

Canada

I asked to customer service and maximum high for tablets of holder size is 17cm so Tablets 10.1 are probably little bit too big.
2015-4-26
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

Doesnt that figure.. well guess my daughter might not be able to find her N7 on days that daddy flys
2015-4-26
Use props
RonnieBeckett
lvl.2

United States

Coming from the Inspire 1 group... it seems that the Nvidia Shield tablet works great with no issues or lag.
2015-4-26
Use props
pooljunki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

RonnieBeckett Posted at 2015-4-27 11:23
Coming from the Inspire 1 group... it seems that the Nvidia Shield tablet works great with no issues ...

thanks Ronnie thats what i was looking to hear.
2015-4-26
Use props
halvmiller
New
Flight distance : 5837 ft
United States

I wanted a quadcopter as a "sky hook" for a camera for hobby work. Bought the Phantom P3
as my third Phantom.  I am very satisfied with its performance, especially its solid "hover
capability." The P3 gimbal is "excellent," when compared with the 1-axis gimbal of my
Phantom 2.  I "fought" an email battle with my US supplier and DJI when I found that my
"cheapie" Android 4.2.2 tablet would NOT work with the P3 "Pilot app" despite the DJI "specs."
Never got an answer from my US supplier or DJI, although DJI told me they had found
an answer to my question -- however, they never shared that answer with me.  Finally
took a chance and bought an RCA 7 Voyager II Android 5.0 "Lollipop" tablet  for $50
at Walmart.  Google Play Store would not let me download the DJI "Pilot app," saying
that it would not work with my tablet.  Downloaded the "Pilot app" from DJI  and installed it.
It works.  I can now set the camera parameters and height / range distances.  The tablet
does not perform as a phone, but I do not care.  (I can Skype, although the tablet only
has one camera on the screen side.)  it does have Wifi and Bluetooth.  I do not know,
or care, whether I can "stream" video.  The Phantom 3P camera images seem a little "soft,"
but that may be caused by the fact that one of the DJI-installed "Anti-Drop Pins" binds the
gimbal base, and I am sure that the vibration isolators will not work "full-range," as they
are supposed to do.  I am going to replace the pins with loose plastic straps.  Overall,
satisfied.  Will not buy the Inspire 1, as I had previously intended to do.  The Phantom P3
is "good enough for me."

2015-8-15
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a list of tablets that work well:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... dji-pilot-app.48525

If going with a tablet larger than 10 inches, you'll need some kind of tablet mount extender. There are various 3D printed extenders available on Amazon and eBay. This one works the best:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZZN1P...linkId=KCHLY2Y2COIB72WC
eBay: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255...kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-15
Use props
FlappyBird
lvl.2

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-8-15
Use props
FlappyBird
lvl.2

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-8-15
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

FlappyBird Posted at 2015-8-16 04:07
**** The posts are shielded ****

Wow thanks. Mine lags a lot and crashes so much. I clear the tasks but it crashes all the time with the pilot app. Haven't got to use the go app yet til my P3 comes out of repair but I will try your suggestions. It's pretty bad for me I've almost gone out and bought an ipad mini. I will save your suggestions. Thanks
2015-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules