GIMBAL ISSUE
1451 11 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5JEGNNc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40325 ft

United States

I think my drone needs to go back to DJI for warranty repair, but if anyone has suggestions before I do so, I would love to NOT send it in. (Phantom 4 Pro)

I had a short flight taking pictures of our mountains. I returned home, normal landing.  When I was ready for the next flight, I had no control of the gimbal. The camera was pointed toward the ground.  Could not use the dial on the controller to tilt camera up or down. Upon startup of the drone, gimbal stabilizes horizontally, but will not tilt up or down, camera remains pointed down.

I have downgraded firmware, then upgraded firmware multiple times.  I have reset all settings to default. I have re-formatted sd card, calibrated IMU successfully but when calibrating gimbal, software says gimbal is calibrated but gimbal does not tilt up or down during gimbal calibration.

I have powered everything off, charged everything, left overnight, powered on and still no changes. Gimbal will not tilt up or down by any means.

Camera continues to work and take photos/video, just no gimbal control.  If I manually tilt the camera, it shows on the gimbal slider on the DJI Go 4 app, but the slider will not control the camera, nor will a long-press, nor will the dial on controller.  

Can DJI verify that the drone needs to be returned and if so, send me information as to how to get that done.

Anything else I can try?  Thoughts?

THANKS!

2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, did you try to control the camera through long press the image screen and drag the blue circle? Or you can contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-27
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

One thing you could try is to calibrate the RC because part of that includes a calibration of the dials.
2018-1-27
Use props
djiuser_5JEGNNc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 21:42
Sir, did you try to control the camera through long press the image screen and drag the blue circle? Or you can contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.

Yes, a long press on image screen does not move gimbal.
2018-1-27
Use props
djiuser_5JEGNNc
lvl.1

United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-27 21:52
One thing you could try is to calibrate the RC because part of that includes a calibration of the dials.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that as well.  No change in symptoms.
2018-1-27
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

djiuser_5JEGNNc Posted at 2018-1-27 23:08
Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that as well.  No change in symptoms.

Well, as a last resort, reset the camera settings.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_5JEGNNc
lvl.1

United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-28 21:14
Well, as a last resort, reset the camera settings.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  Nothing has worked. Drone will be shipped to DJI tomorrow.  Hope the horror stories about repairs taking weeks are in the past.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_5JEGNNck6X6w
lvl.1

United States

Elektra,

I'm assuming you work for DJI and am looking to understand the warranty on my Phantom 4 Pro.
First of all I must say how impressed I am with DJI thus far.  I received a UPS shipping label from DJI in one day.  I received notification from DJI that they had received my drone today (ONLY TWO DAYS TO GET THERE).  I was informed that it would take 1-3 days to get a quote.  I got that notification less than an hour later!!!  Now comes the bad news.  DJI wants $151 to repair my drone that is less than 1 year old.  I attached my receipt for the drone when DJI opened the case #.  The drone has never crashed.  The gimbal just stopped working between flights.  They say it needs a new YAW motor.  That makes total sense.  Why is the replacement of a yaw motor not covered under warranty?  I have attached the quote from DJI.
Thanks,
Greig
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_5JEGNNck6X6w
lvl.1

United States

Elektra,

I'm not sure how often you monitor this forum. Nor do I know if you are even the correct person to contact to discuss this case.  CAS-1432217-W7L9R9

I am still not sure why this is not covered under warranty but rather than wait days to clarify I would rather send DJI the $151 and get it done.  BUT, if I am going to spend $151 to repair a yaw motor that should be covered under warrany, I would want DJI to replace the pitch motor at the same time for no additional labor.  I am more than willing to pay $12.00 for the pitch motor.  Can you get this done?

thanks,

Greig
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_5JEGNNck6X6w Posted at 2018-1-31 16:45
Elektra,

I'm not sure how often you monitor this forum. Nor do I know if you are even the correct person to contact to discuss this case.  CAS-1432217-W7L9R9

Sorry to keep you waiting. The case has been escalated to the designated department and we will have someone contact you, please wait patiently.  
2018-2-1
Use props
djiuser_5JEGNNck6X6w
lvl.1

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-1 03:58
Sorry to keep you waiting. The case has been escalated to the designated department and we will have someone contact you, please wait patiently.

Elektra,

I'm assuming you escalated this to the department to do the additional repairs.  That is what I would like to do.  Replace both motors.  I would hope to get that quote today so that I can pay today and the the drone returned as soon as possible.

thank you
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_5JEGNNck6X6w Posted at 2018-2-1 08:32
Elektra,

I'm assuming you escalated this to the department to do the additional repairs.  That is what I would like to do.  Replace both motors.  I would hope to get that quote today so that I can pay today and the the drone returned as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and the drone was sent back today and hope you can receive your drone as soon as possible.
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules