Gimbal failure and weird phenomenon
994 5 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans38d3dd8d
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi all! I was a very happy Mavic owner, slow become not so happy and frustration. I think it's necessary I decribed the timeline, and any form of help will be appreciated to get my drone fix!

1) Jan 2017, drone crashed, only gimbal cable damaged, there was no support in Singapore back then so I took it out, sent to China and paid for a new gimbal.

2) Mar 2017, new gimbal installed but footage was vibrating and unusable. Contacted support and there was no reply, I figured out myself I need to calibrate the new gimbal. Works perfectly for a while until...

3) Mar 2017, I was flying in Taiwan at around 15 degree something, gimbal vibrates periodically both footage and photos are blur and unusable. However after I return to Singapore (28 degree) the drone became normal and no more vibration. So I lived with the minor flaw (occasionally it occurs sometimes), it even works perfectly in China 15 degree and under slight drizzle, no vibration while flying in China (I think the Chinese product doesn't like Taiwan), until the mysterious phenomenon occurs next..

4) Dec 2017, I brought to Canada -30 degree Celcius (I know I am pushing the limit of the spec 0 degree), the vibration became violent. First thing I noticed is that the gimbal became crooked, next I can't calibrate anymore (failed at 31%), and when I brought back to Singapore under normal temperature, drone refuses to take off, noting "Battery Authentication problem", even worst. I took off the casing to inspect any connection failure, and surprisingly the drone allows me to take off. Here's the proof:

casing.jpg

Footage

I am really not sure anymore if the initial gimbal problem was due to my poor connection or just a bad batch of production, or for matter of fact I had seen Chinese media about receiving used refurbished parts, I wonder if I had fell prey to the unfortunate batch. Should I trust the repair again? What am I going to do with the new problem? Is my drone totally done for?

2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, sorry for your case. Please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. The situation will be forwarded to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-27
Use props
raydream
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 22:18
Sir, sorry for your case. Please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. The situation will be forwarded to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for the response. The drone has been updated to latest firmware. The app is DJI GO4 V4.0.5 for android
2018-1-28
Use props
raydream
lvl.1
Singapore

Forgot to mention, after this whole gimbal vibration problem occurs, the camera unit became really hot (maybe 50~70 degree C) whenever Mavic is powered on.
2018-1-29
Use props
raydream
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 22:18

will they get back to me to advice on the solution with authentication of the battery? How bout the gimbal?
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

raydream Posted at 2018-1-29 22:45
will they get back to me to advice on the solution with authentication of the battery? How bout the gimbal?

Please wait patiently. If there is any news, I would update in the thread.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules