Spark & FAA registration -- or not?
44091 46 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

LOL I don't think you can take the battery out and exclude it... Nice Try tho.

Edit : But then again I don't live in the US..    
2018-8-18
Use props
djiuser_XSEUOiuO4ANu
New

United States

PS013 Posted at 2018-1-27 15:54
I don’t think you can call the battery an option, as it can not takeoff without it ....

If the guy's comment regarding FAA weight requirements say "battery not included" it seems that that's the answer.  Why tell the FAA they're wrong?
2019-1-16
Use props
djiuser_02mAUKsDYZZE
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-27 16:02
For the sake of $5 I don’t see any problem here, think the fact that you have a registered drone will help you out when flying outside.

Hello. How do I register my mavic pro. I don’t have the $5 option. All I seen is like $65 $45 $25. An I’m just flying for hobbies. No business or  commercial  Could you help me please. Email. Holleyroc87@yahoo.com
2019-1-19
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Based on the statement above I would say that the batteries would not be included in the weight of the aircraft. Batteries are not accessories, but more aligned with fuel. Fuel is only calculated as part of the total payload, not as the weight of the aircraft
2019-2-8
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Based on the statement above I would say that the batteries would not be included in the weight of the aircraft. Batteries are not accessories, but more aligned with fuel. Fuel is only calculated as part of the total payload, not as the weight of the aircraft
2019-2-8
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Gator Don Posted at 2-8 06:29
Based on the statement above I would say that the batteries would not be included in the weight of the aircraft. Batteries are not accessories, but more aligned with fuel. Fuel is only calculated as part of the total payload, not as the weight of the aircraft

It’s also not the $5.00, considering the cost of the drone and other crap we buy for it, that is nothing. I just don’t care for the government getting into every aspect of my life...... no i’m not paranoid, not at all,
2019-2-8
Use props
djiuser_Cnn6sd2AUtQx
New

United States

Here is the problem! The liability will still track you down no matter if you register or not unless you make false statements to Dji when you register and use a spoof email because your product is also tracked with the manufacture when you register unless you design and build your own. The government steps in to insure accountability no matter if you design your own and fly it or buy from a manufacturer. So let’s say you have personal property damage or Physical harm because somebody just crashed a drone and you have no one to blame, How would you feel! I’m a private pilot for 30 years and an airline A&P Mechanic for a major airline for over 20 years and I tell you i’m Going to want to find that person and stick that drone up there butt if they hurt a loved one or I fall off my Harley because of one. The FAA is there for you if you like it or not.
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules