Wifi boosters
1422 4 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
W.Cordes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138793 ft
United States

Has anyone ever flown in an area with WIFI repeaters? Our campground has repeaters every 200 feet, I would like to get my wife a Spark but afraid Wifi repeaters will cause problems.
2018-1-27
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148596 ft
United States

I'd say definitely stay away at least 5-10 feet from any wifi repeater or router of any type that you know of. Had to catch my spark a few days ago because of Wifi repeater I thought was off. Which I flew slowly by once with no problem. But when I went close to it again on accident my spark proceeded to spin in a circle(yaw) then bump into the door, thankfully I had prop guards on so that did nothing to it. Finally I caught it before it hit my camera and tripod only damaging one prop. That was my one issue flying in a building with probably 8+ wifi signals all on. It'd probably be smart to manually set your wifi signal with the one that's best for your area.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just a word of reminding, we don't suggest using the unauthorized third-party accessories like antennas booster. For your case, if there is a Spark, you can try to connect the RC, app and drone, check the interference on the WiFi settings. If the noise is too much on every channel, we don't suggest flying in this environment. Thank you.
2018-1-28
Use props
W.Cordes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138793 ft
United States

Looks like I will be getting a second Mavic Pro. Thanks for your help.
2018-1-29
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

better fly on 5.8 GHZ then
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules