3177 3 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc3dc6ea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300853 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,
How do I get GST refund when I go overseas but the invoice of DJI online purchase does not have GST and ABN.
Do they provide Australian Invoice?

I brought a Mavic Air on DJI website and thought I could get 10% back when I go overseas next month.
2018-1-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You cannot get a GST refund for a product that you purchase online.
See the rules here:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/ente/tour/are-you-a-traveller
2018-2-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm curious - why would you get GST back from an overseas purchase when you're an Australian resident? Just travelling overseas wouldn't change that.
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_3b55IPR11VSf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96450 ft
Australia

Has anyone succeeded getting a tax invoice with GST?
GST registered businesses can claim a refund of GST.

DJI are telling  me they can't provide an invoice showing gst, with a garbled explanation about them taking on the risks, which seems to hint maybe they haven't collected it.
I specifically ordered from the DJI official online au store to avoid this sort of hassle.

Text of their reply below - can anyone figure out what it means?
"we don't have an option to provide an invoice with the tax included on it. We also inform you that "Delivered Duty Paid" means that the seller fulfills his obligation to deliver when the goods have been made available at the named place in the country of importation. The seller has to bear the risks and costs, including duties, taxes and other charges of delivering the goods thereto, cleared for importation."
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules