Release of reliability when selling drones
684 6 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

I'm selling my extra Mavic Pro. But I want the buyer to assume all liabilities after the drone is sold. Any of you have any suggestions?
2018-1-28
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

Never done this before.  But my guess is, de-register it from your App.  So I presume, when the next person try to fly it, on DJI App at least, it would have to be registered.

But that does not stop it from flying without DJI App or just with the RC.

Perhaps DJI can enlighten us.

2018-1-28
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Fred F Posted at 2018-1-28 13:18
Never done this before.  But my guess is, de-register it from your App.  So I presume, when the next person try to fly it, on DJI App at least, it would have to be registered.

But that does not stop it from flying without DJI App or just with the RC.

If it has not been changed last few months you can't change it. The registration is one time and can't be changed. That was what I was told but you should copy your Invoice and wright on it the date you sold it and to whom. If that person already have account at Dji he dont have to do anything except turn it on and fly. Your name will always be on file at Dji as the person which registered that drone. I bought used Mavic few months ago and its not registered to my name and don't show up under my avatar.
2018-1-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I think the OP wants the buyer to not bring the drone back saying it was messed up and wants his/her money back? At least that's the way i took it.
2018-1-28
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-28 14:32
I think the OP wants the buyer to not bring the drone back saying it was messed up and wants his/her money back? At least that's the way i took it.

You brought up a good point, but no, the original intent of my post is to make sure that if the buyer decides to use my registered drone for malicious intents, I would not be liable.

With your input, it would probably also be wise for me to indicate all sales are final.
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've successfully sold 3 DJI drones to date on Ebay: -
Format the Micro SD card. Reset the AC to factory settings in Assistant 2.
Describe the drone in detail and include anything thing is not right - even a slight scratch. If selling on Ebay set 'no returns' and emphasise that in your description.
2018-1-28
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once the new seller inserts his email info on the app to fly, then he's the new owner of that AC. Seller will then have own DJI account info on the APP not yours.

2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules