Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark fell out of the sky
2319 24 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans08c9ccb9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57556 ft
France

My spark fell out of the sky for no apparent reason. Not sure if the battery fell off, but I retrieved the drone but not the battery. It was flying high and clear of any obstacles, now I have a gimbal motor issue...
I’ve only had it for one week, not sure what to do now.
Is this something that is covered by the warranty?
I have the flight record, 90% battery, flying in sport mode...
Help please!
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_a674wNv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12267 ft
France

We can't know if it's under warranty.
But if the weather was good and if you had your drone in sight, this new drone had no reason to fall. It may be a manufacturing problem.
2018-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can upload your flight log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-28
Use props
fans08c9ccb9
lvl.2
France

The weather was perfect, no wind, drone in sight, I saw it fall!
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_a674wNv
lvl.2
France

Did you see the battery jump away while flying ?
Because the crash would have ejected it anyway.
2018-1-28
Use props
fans08c9ccb9
lvl.2
France

No I didn’t, it was just a thought as I couldn’t see why it would suddenly fall like it did. Also it landed in a rocky area and is surprisingly unscathed so I assumed it was lighter when it hit the ground.
We’ll never know!
2018-1-28
Use props
fans08c9ccb9
lvl.2
France

OK, next issue, my flight logs are all .dat files not txt, so I can't upload them... any ideas?
2018-1-28
Use props
fans08c9ccb9
lvl.2
France

Ok, forger the last post, I figured it out
2018-1-28
Use props
fans08c9ccb9
lvl.2
France

Here is the flight record : http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/W49WTXHIRF3MSM29DCQ1/
as you can see, it just stops at 59,1 seconds, good altitude, good battery, good satellites etc... Is there something I'm missing?
2018-1-28
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

another battery drop out , DJI you need to address this problem eventually some one is going to get hurt
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_a674wNv
lvl.2
France

Maybe the battery jump out because the record stop at 80 meters high
2018-1-28
Use props
Phil-from-franc
lvl.2
France

Any idea what I need to do now?
2018-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans08c9ccb9 Posted at 2018-1-28 11:01
Here is the flight record : http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/W49WTXHIRF3MSM29DCQ1/
as you can see, it just stops at 59,1 seconds, good altitude, good battery, good satellites etc... Is there something I'm missing?

Nothing in your log looks strange, it looks very much like you called it, battery fell out.

You should sync your flight to dji cloud, contact dji support and set up a case they will arrange to have your drone picked up for analysis there will be more information on your dat file inside your aircraft which dji should be able to find out more about what happened.

IMHO this was malfunction and you should be awarded warranty.
I wish you luck my friend.
2018-1-28
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Bonjour! I'm going to guess that the battery fell out with another faulty drone. Hopefully DJI will solve your issues!!
2018-1-28
Use props
Phil-from-franc
lvl.2
France

Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and support! I hope DJI are as responsive as you guys!
I have submitted a report to DJI support. Very upset that after just a couple of weeks my drone fun is over for a while...
I’ll let everyone know how this ends!
2018-1-28
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I think there have been a few posts that indicate evidence of two different battery locking tabs. Good luck with your case, I hope they take care of you.
2018-1-28
Use props
Phil-from-france
lvl.2
France

Following my battery falling out during flight, dji support have sent me a label to send the drone back as I had a Gimbal overload warning.
I just wanted to just double check it before boxing and sending it back, and it seems that it’s working fine now.
Should I send it in anyway? I’ve lost a battery in the process, but I don’t know whether they will address that issue..,
It seems that you can fit the battery and have it connected, but you have to give it a good pull to make sure it is properly locked on, otherwise it can take off and fall off, even though it seems to be locked in. This should be made very clear by DJI to avoid this happening to others, as a battery falling off in flight and landing on someone is a very real possibility!
2018-2-1
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Distance 29mtrs, height 10 mtrs, in Sports mode, accelerating away and then the battery fell out!,,, old type battery..
2018-2-1
Use props
Phil-from-france
lvl.2
France

How do I know if it was the old type? If that his the case, then I will send it in and they can replace it, but I only bought it 3 weeks ago. I just got an acknowledgement that they had looked at my case and wanted me to send it in, but this was probably for the gimbal issue, which is fine now. They don't talk or tell you anything so it's difficult to know what to do.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans08c9ccb9 Posted at 2018-1-28 11:01

Sir, in your case, I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. You can provide them the flight record to our support for further analysis. Thanks for your support.  
2018-2-2
Use props
Phil-from-france
lvl.2
France

Hi Elektra,
I have done all of that and they have sent me the label to send the drone back. My question is that now the drone seems to functioning and I doubt they will replace my battery, even though it's not my fault, is it worth sending it in or not?
2018-2-2
Use props
apcyberax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566526 ft
United Kingdom

m1n1s Posted at 2018-1-28 11:10
another battery drop out , DJI you need to address this problem eventually some one is going to get hurt

First time i sent my brand new spark up the battery popped out but it was only at about 1 meter so no harm. but it seems to be a much more of a common problem.
2018-2-2
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

apcyberax Posted at 2018-2-2 01:06
First time i sent my brand new spark up the battery popped out but it was only at about 1 meter so no harm. but it seems to be a much more of a common problem.

i'm sure the battery problem is a lot worst , many people don't know of this forum or are put off posting messages because of the comments from some of the more experienced users

i had comments in august about operator error but now some of those guys have had the issue too.
2018-2-2
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Ya, definetly a battery fall out issue. Why is this moderately common? DJI please make version 2.0 of battery. Recall the first version that is causing battery fall outs. I think Im just a lucky one not experiencing this. DJI please, for the love of god. I know you can do something about this.
2018-2-2
Use props
Phil-from-france
lvl.2
France

But, I still don’t know whether I should bother sending in my drone.
I’m going to take it out today and fly it just to check overall performance.

In the meantime, the solution for DJI is to have a system that cuts power from the battery if the two clips are not locked in. I have looked at this and you can start the Spark if just one clip is locked, but the battery will fall off with any centrifugal force.
If DJI would at least acknowledge the issue and send me a new battery I would be happy!
Seems unlikely...
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules