Latest Firmware has NOT fixed "aircraft disconnect" issue
641 1 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SanDiegoAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14980 ft
United States

I read here that the latest firmware update fixed the Mavic Pro "aircraft disconnected" issue.  I'm using the Samsung S2 10" tablet with top quality Ankor cables.

I've flown 10 flights since the update, and 8 went well.  

On my 3rd flight after the update, all was well until about 3 minutes in, and suddenly AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED.  Unlike previous incidents, the aircaft was very close by so I had some time to try a few things.   The aircraft was hovering overhead, and the RC still had control.

First, I shut down the tablet, and cold booted, then restarted DJI go.... nothing.  No reconnection at all.    I cold-booted it a second time... still nothing.  I disconnected the cable at BOTH ends and cold booted yet again, still would not connect at all.  I tried a warm reboot, and that also failed to re-connect.

I landed the aircraft, and powered down both the aircraft and RC, then powered both back up.  The app connected immediately.   I changed the battery and flew an entire flight with no problems.  

These tests point to something wrong in the connection process between the DJI GO app and the RC.  A lot of people havebeen blaming tablets, but given these tests I think that has been ruled out.

The other problem I had later in the day was that auto white balance stopped working for a few minutes, setting color at about 2000 for several minutes in the late afternoon sun which turns everything blue.  I'm not sure if that's a software or hardware issue.
2018-1-28
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

I had a similar problem of "aircraft disconnect" and I already fixed, please check this post that maybe can be useful: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &page=11#pid1174984 Now I already updated GO app to the latest 4.2.6 of today and wait until tomorrow to test it.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules