Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Mavic Air] The Hunt for ND Filters
19599 116 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Spaceman_66 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:15
That's super-awesome news!

Thanks so much for the quick response. Can't wait to try everything out. It's all good; thanks again, Jeff!

Filters (Cinema Series, Shutter Collection) fortuitously arrived today, just in time for my maiden MA flight. Can't wait! Took the middle road and put on the ND8 for the initial launch & we'll see what we get. Fairly easy to hold the outer gimbal steady while gently unscrewing the outer barrel end to reveal the inner threads waiting for the new PP filter to just glide onto. Super easy installation; a bit fiddly holding the gimbal steady while gently applying sufficient torque to unscrew that piece, but reasonably straightforward and didn't require excessive force by any stretch.

Looks like a spectacular Arizona sunset is brewing this afternoon; nice mix of clouds (essential to catch all the pretty colors) and sunshine. Winds are only 9-10 mph at present (double that wind speed is expected tomorrow around sunset, so that prolly nixes flying altogether (... at least outdoors, anyway!).
2018-2-10
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

One more thing that I do not know how to deal with.... is how to set up the proper rotation to achieve the desired polarization....

With Mavic Pro it is easy because it is not needed to screw into the gimbal so no rotation is involved, therefore you always know where is the polarized effect you want to achieve. But with mavic air is different, you never know in which part of the rotation is the desired polarized area..   The only way to see the effect is through the camera once it is turn on, but I do not want to touch the gimbal when it is on.
2018-2-11
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kune Posted at 2018-2-11 01:02
One more thing that I do not know how to deal with.... is how to set up the proper rotation to achieve the desired polarization....

With Mavic Pro it is easy because it is not needed to screw into the gimbal so no rotation is involved, therefore you always know where is the polarized effect you want to achieve. But with mavic air is different, you never know in which part of the rotation is the desired polarized area..   The only way to see the effect is through the camera once it is turn on, but I do not want to touch the gimbal when it is on.

You look through the viewfinder and rotate it with the gimbal on.
Just support the gimbal with your other hand, its just like the P4P, and P3 filters.

No need to be afraid to touch the gimbal when it is on, the gimbal will go into a sleep mode before any damage would occur, just like if you accidentally turn it on with the gimbal lock installed

If you guys are interested in a video on this let me know and I can put that on the list,
-Jeff from PolarPro

2018-2-11
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-11 10:43
You look through the viewfinder and rotate it with the gimbal on.
Just support the gimbal with your other hand, its just like the P4P, and P3 filters.

Thanks!!!

A video about this would be greatly appreciated!!
2018-2-11
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kune Posted at 2018-2-11 12:37
Thanks!!!

A video about this would be greatly appreciated!!

Ok cool, I will get that added to one of our upcoming shoots.
Thanks for the suggestion!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-11
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Is there estimate when I could buy Polar Pro filters to Mavic Air from Amazon Europe?
2018-2-11
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Jeff, I am in contact with Oliver from PolarPro Support. My order was supposed to arrive Saturday but it arrived a day early. USPS said they left the package in a Parcel Locker but when I opened my mailbox, there was no Parcel Locker key in there. Oliver advised to wait and see maybe USPS had some sort of delay. It's already Sunday and I haven't got any packages and USPS has stopped sending my text tracking updates. Please help!!!
2018-2-11
Use props
Szergely
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16273 ft
Hungary

escore Posted at 2018-2-11 12:48
Is there estimate when I could buy Polar Pro filters to Mavic Air from Amazon Europe?

I looking for these too. Any way to shipping to Hungary from EU?
2018-2-21
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Szergely Posted at 2018-2-21 10:44
I looking for these too. Any way to shipping to Hungary from EU?

They are on Amazon UK but with a UK seller and not yet with Amazon. Dont think it will be long now. I got mine from RC Geeks today, arriving tomorrow. They might ship out to you?
2018-2-21
Use props
Szergely
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16273 ft
Hungary

Cameleon Posted at 2018-2-21 12:21
They are on Amazon UK but with a UK seller and not yet with Amazon. Dont think it will be long now. I got mine from RC Geeks today, arriving tomorrow. They might ship out to you?

Thank you for your information, yes shipping to hungary
2018-2-22
Use props
fanscfdabba5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5584 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

PolarPro Posted at 2018-1-28 15:06
All of our filter preorders will begin shipping Feb 5th to Feb 7th:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-air-filters-and-accessories

Jeff, why does PolarPro not deliver to Malaysia? Wanted to order a set but can't select it. There is a strong drone following here ;)

Regards,
DC
2018-2-26
Use props
teokp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
Singapore

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-11 12:40
Ok cool, I will get that added to one of our upcoming shoots.
Thanks for the suggestion!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Hi Jeff,

roughly when will the video be ready?

Thanks.
2018-2-26
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

I just missed the last Polar Pro Cinema Series Vivid set in stock locally, so i settled for the Standard 6-pack set (i wanted PL filters mostly) because i need them in a few days. What can i expect from the Standard Compared to the Cinema series? When are the Cinema Series better?
2018-2-27
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

teokp Posted at 2018-2-26 05:07
Hi Jeff,

roughly when will the video be ready?

I think this was referring to the install?
Here it is!

2018-2-27
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-27 02:50
I just missed the last Polar Pro Cinema Series Vivid set in stock locally, so i settled for the Standard 6-pack set (i wanted PL filters mostly) because i need them in a few days. What can i expect from the Standard Compared to the Cinema series? When are the Cinema Series better?

The Cinema Series use a production grade glass with a lower refractive index, and they also have 8 layers of AR coatings on each side to reduce lens flaring and ghosting.

Let us know if you have any other questions and thanks for supporting our brand!
You could always shoot us an email and upgrade in the future.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Mine have arrived today. Cinema Series Shutter Collection for my Mavic Air. Looking forward to the first test! :-)
2018-2-27
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-27 08:13
Mine have arrived today. Cinema Series Shutter Collection for my Mavic Air. Looking forward to the first test! :-)

Let us know what you think!
2018-2-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-2-27 08:42
Let us know what you think!

Yes I'll do that.
2018-2-27
Use props
takdou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78763 ft
Germany

Same, ordered 19th of feb, on Amazon US, arrived this morning (leaving in Germany).  
2018-2-27
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-27 07:53
The Cinema Series use a production grade glass with a lower refractive index, and they also have 8 layers of AR coatings on each side to reduce lens flaring and ghosting.

Let us know if you have any other questions and thanks for supporting our brand!

I mainly wanted the PL set but there was no 3 pack with only the PL ones. I might contact you on a trade / deal for a Vivid set after the vacation in a few days (that is why i need them )
2018-2-27
Use props
Stalian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32205 ft
Norway

On eBay. All the filters you want for your Mavic air. Your hunt should be over...
2018-3-6
Use props
Stalian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32205 ft
Norway

eBay. All you want for your mavic air.
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
France

Stalian Posted at 2018-3-6 11:49
eBay. All you want for your mavic air.

I'm looking for ND filters for Mavic Air also, but seems polarpro are out of stock. Some seller have it but shipping cost are too expensive (79$ filter, 44$ shipping cost)  on Amazon.it the same package is 120$.

i have to wait
2018-3-7
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq Posted at 2018-3-7 04:16
I'm looking for ND filters for Mavic Air also, but seems polarpro are out of stock. Some seller have it but shipping cost are too expensive (79$ filter, 44$ shipping cost)  on Amazon.it the same package is 120$.

i have to wait

We will be in stock very soon
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-3-7
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-3-7 16:22
We will be in stock very soon  
-Jeff from PolarPro

Thank you!
2018-3-8
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

They are back in stock now
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-3-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team. While I note that this seems to have become a PolarPro thread, and acknowledging that they are a nice product, I would encourage any of you to investigate the PGYTech offerings also. I bought a set of them for my P4P which included UV, PL, ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32 in a nice case a year ago, and my equivalent set for the Mavic Air arrived last week. I'm very happy with the quality and build of them, and the price for the 6 was almost half that of the set of 3 PolarPro ND filters. Not wanting to start a jihad - just proposing you keep an open mind and check PGYTech out.
2018-3-13
Use props
Chole
lvl.2

United States

Got this today 8Pack Multicoated  just waiting for better weather .
Love the case & they match your camera no fancy colors
2018-3-13
Use props
hamstergraphics
lvl.3
Flight distance : 992736 ft
Canada

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-2-5 14:51
The one review on Amazon isn’t so comforting. Also on Amazon Canada, shipping is $40 - that’s ridiculous.

Dr. Drone - Nova Scotia - I got mine last week. Ordered online  (DJi 4,8,16)
2018-3-14
Use props
hamstergraphics
lvl.3
Flight distance : 992736 ft
Canada

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-2-5 14:12
Hey man, I just took mine off but I think something is wrong. Does the stock UV filter come off with the glass or is it just the bezel that screws in is the one that only comes off? I was able to take mine off easily but the glass remain on the camera itself.

It's just a bezel, no glass.
2018-3-14
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a review of the PP filters for Air on here somewhere. Watched it earlier and look as good as the other formats.
2018-3-14
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Found the review and here's the link - https://forum.dji.com/thread-140065-1-1.html
2018-3-14
Use props
Axeli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

I would also recommend PolarPro, more specifically Standard Series 3-Pack. I'm very pleased with them and not just with filters, but also with overall service (shipping to CZE takes just one week). Pick bundle with ND32/ND64 if you are planning shoot in sunny winter.
2018-3-14
Use props
Robert Kocuvan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 854567 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Try with cable USB-C
2018-4-29
Use props
johnnybflyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 533681 ft
United Kingdom

Just to let  people in the UK know that I ordered my PolaPro  filters from the PolarPro webite on the 14th April and they arrived  on the 27th April.
2018-4-29
Use props
Surface2Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

hamstergraphics Posted at 2018-3-14 04:45
Dr. Drone - Nova Scotia - I got mine last week. Ordered online  (DJi 4,8,16)

Thanks Hamster!
2018-5-31
Use props
Nitesh01
New

India

Smartbox’s electronic self-service package locker for apartments offer an easy and secure way to manage parcel deliveries for residents.
What’s more frustrating than not being in to receive your important package?
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules