Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Mavic Air] The Hunt for ND Filters
123Next >
19598 116 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcintheCloud
lvl.1
United States

Hello fellow pilots,

I've been searching high and low for ND filters for the Mavic Air. Mine arives by Wed and I'm excited to fly it but There's going to be a lot of video without me doing any movements if I can't get ND filters

The ones on DJI's site say out of stock but have said that since orders were live - I'm guessing they haven't gone on sale yet.

My usual favorites, the PolarPro's don't ship for another 3 weeks and others I've researched don't go on sale until later in the spring.

Has anyone had any luck finding ND filters in stock?

Thanks!
2018-1-28
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

I ordered the Polar Pro filters from Amazon and it says I'll have them by Feb. 7th.
2018-1-28
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mark Blaide Posted at 2018-1-28 11:02
I ordered the Polar Pro filters from Amazon and it says I'll have them by Feb. 7th.

Ditto.  CInema Shutter 3-Pack.
2018-1-28
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of our filter preorders will begin shipping Feb 5th to Feb 7th:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-air-filters-and-accessories

Let me know if you have any questions on them!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-1-28
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

PolarPro Posted at 2018-1-28 15:06
https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-air-filters-and-accessories

Very cool with an PolarPro guy on the forum... I like it.
2018-1-28
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-28 15:30
Very cool with an PolarPro guy on the forum... I like it.

Yah! Here to help and answer any questions

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-1-29
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United Kingdom

I asked the online sales support people of DJI when the official ND filters would be available and they couldn't even advise if it was going to be days, weeks or months so probably best not to hold on for them.
2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looking forward for some video's!
2018-1-29
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PolarPro Posted at 2018-1-28 15:06

This is great, PolarPro on the forum.... saved me a long search
2018-1-31
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-1-31 04:24
This is great, PolarPro on the forum.... saved me a long search

If you have any questions I am here to help!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-1-31
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Yes. Are these push on or screw on filters? I've answered my own question. They are screwed on. I toyed with the camera today to see if I could unscrew a uv filter with no luck. I guess I'll try a bit harder. Thanks.
2018-1-31
Use props
Madpipe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3812 ft
United States

I just ordered mine from amazon polar pro cinematic be here feb 5th
2018-1-31
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Madpipe Posted at 2018-1-31 19:38
I just ordered mine from amazon polar pro cinematic be here feb 5th

can you share a link on amazon . . . I dont see it for the Mavic Air
2018-1-31
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

EQBView Posted at 2018-1-31 20:38
can you share a link on amazon . . . I dont see it for the Mavic Air

Found this if it helps?

https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro- ... mavic+air&psc=1

I just ordered the six pack and limited collection directly from PolarPro's site. Never used ND Filters on my Phantom 4, didn't realize how important these could be to the shots!
2018-1-31
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

thank you sir !  [Standard lens link - https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro- ... JI+Mavic+Air+Filter ]
2018-1-31
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I ordered the cinema vivid series PolPro filters in the Polarpro website, and just received an email from DHL that tomorrow will be delivered!!!  It's funny, they shipped some days after than my Mavic Air (shipped on 27th) and I will have them before my mavic!!!!! (Despite having paid for the DJI select)...

I am very happy how fast and effective PolarPro is managing everthing.... and it is 100% sure I will continue bying their products!!
2018-1-31
Use props
blackbeltbtc
New
United States

Any tricks with unscrewing the stock UV filter? It’s pretty tight on there.  Just got my polar pro lens in.  Trying to get it on.
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

blackbeltbtc Posted at 2018-2-3 19:27
Any tricks with unscrewing the stock UV filter? It’s pretty tight on there.  Just got my polar pro lens in.  Trying to get it on.

Wondering the same thing...haven't received my filters yet but in preparation for them I tried to unscrew the UV filter from the gimbal the other day and it was not coming undone. I'm sure it's just a matter of more force needed but I didn't want to break it in the off chance I was wrong.

Supposedly there will be an installation video posted by mid week from PolarPro but not sure it will reveal anything we don't already suspect.

If you figure it out, feel free to share as some of us are wondering. Good luck!
2018-2-3
Use props
zguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243796 ft
United States

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 19:47
Wondering the same thing...haven't received my filters yet but in preparation for them I tried to unscrew the UV filter from the gimbal the other day and it was not coming undone. I'm sure it's just a matter of more force needed but I didn't want to break it in the off chance I was wrong.

Supposedly there will be an installation video posted by mid week from PolarPro but not sure it will reveal anything we don't already suspect.

Wrap with electrical tape for better grip and turn.
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 19:47

Ok...I was able to get it off easily, just had to find the best potion to place Mavic Air where I could grab the gimbal easily. Keep in mind I'm left handed so this may need to be switched if you're right handed.

Looking at the front of the Mavic Air, I put it on it's backside and put it on my right leg so that the right side of the Air was facing my stomach while upside down. I held the gimbal with my right hand and then twisted the lens area with my left (rotating the lens away from my stomach, towards the left side of the Air).

Using this method, I was able to get enough torque and it came off rather easily.

I don't know if this method makes sense but ultimately the lens does come off easily as long as you've got the right positioning and grip.

Good luck!
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
United States

zguy Posted at 2018-2-3 19:57
Wrap with electrical tape for better grip and turn.

I was able to figure it out but thanks for the suggestion on electrical tape. Was able to avoid having to do that but go figure, electrical tape would work...its uses are almost close to duct tape, helpful in just about anything ;-)
2018-2-3
Use props
fans0497822d
lvl.1

France

Hi
Anyone knows about availability in Europe ? And more precisely in France ?
2018-2-4
Use props
fans0497822d
lvl.1

France

Hi !
Any news about the availability of Nd filters in Europe and more precisely in France ?
2018-2-4
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-1-31 16:09
If you have any questions I am here to help!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Jeff, will your PL filters rotate after installing on the camera?
2018-2-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-2-4 08:22
Jeff, will your PL filters rotate after installing on the camera?

Yes, they have a rotating bezel, so you can set polarization after they are installed.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans0497822d Posted at 2018-2-4 06:05
Hi !
Any news about the availability of Nd filters in Europe and more precisely in France ?

Probably looking at 2 to 3 weeks for our French accounts to receive them.

If you order on our site shipping is $14.99 and takes about 2 to 3 weeks, so you will probably receive them around the same time.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-4
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-4 09:00
Yes, they have a rotating bezel, so you can set polarization after they are installed.

I should've stuck with PolarPro from the very beginning. Thanks for the Support, Jeff!
2018-2-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-2-4 09:40
I should've stuck with PolarPro from the very beginning. Thanks for the Support, Jeff!

Yah no problem, thanks for supporting our brand!
2018-2-4
Use props
takdou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78763 ft
Germany

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-4 09:02
Probably looking at 2 to 3 weeks for our French accounts to receive them.

If you order on our site shipping is $14.99 and takes about 2 to 3 weeks, so you will probably receive them around the same time.

HI,
I suppose about same timing for your dealer(s) in Germany?
2018-2-5
Use props
takdou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78763 ft
Germany

Hi,
Newbie in drone but waiting for my Mavic Air (should arrive within 2 to 3 days).
One question about filters, to start with:
would you recommend ND filters or ND/PL filters?
Thanks in advance for your advices
2018-2-5
Use props
fans6ad812a4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

takdou Posted at 2018-2-5 08:53
Hi,
Newbie in drone but waiting for my Mavic Air (should arrive within 2 to 3 days).
One question about filters, to start with:

ND Filters are a must
2018-2-5
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-4 11:09
Yah no problem, thanks for supporting our brand!

HI Jeff,

Are you guys still shipping the 6 Pack Cinema and Limited Collection today?

I'm just excited as I just learned how to take off the stock filter. By the way, does the stock Mavic Air UV filter come off with the glass or just the round bezel?
2018-2-5
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 21:15
Ok...I was able to get it off easily, just had to find the best potion to place Mavic Air where I could grab the gimbal easily. Keep in mind I'm left handed so this may need to be switched if you're right handed.

Looking at the front of the Mavic Air, I put it on it's backside and put it on my right leg so that the right side of the Air was facing my stomach while upside down. I held the gimbal with my right hand and then twisted the lens area with my left (rotating the lens away from my stomach, towards the left side of the Air).

Hey man, I just took mine off but I think something is wrong. Does the stock UV filter come off with the glass or is it just the bezel that screws in is the one that only comes off? I was able to take mine off easily but the glass remain on the camera itself.
2018-2-5
Use props
Surface2Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

The one review on Amazon isn’t so comforting. Also on Amazon Canada, shipping is $40 - that’s ridiculous.
2018-2-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

takdou Posted at 2018-2-5 08:46
HI,
I suppose about same timing for your dealer(s) in Germany?

Yes, pretty much the same for our Germany dealers.
Closer to 2 weeks now

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-2-5 14:10
HI Jeff,

Are you guys still shipping the 6 Pack Cinema and Limited Collection today?

Yes they are shipping today for our preorders.

There actually is no glass element on the Mavic air, so its not a UV filter, it is just a lens barrel. So DJI must have designed that specifically for filters.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-2-5 14:51
The one review on Amazon isn’t so comforting. Also on Amazon Canada, shipping is $40 - that’s ridiculous.

Yah Seriously, I can understand being upset about receiving a defective filter, we will gladly replace it for him. They are really small filters and they are difficult to clean, we probably should have gotten a how to clean video started sooner. Just know we will always side with the customer and will always make you happy.

RE: Shipping to Canada is $12.99 on our site, and you can checkout via Amazon credentials on our site. Or you can wait for it to go "Prime" and ship to Canada.

Hope that helps!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-5
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-5 16:51
Yes they are shipping today for our preorders.

There actually is no glass element on the Mavic air, so its not a UV filter, it is just a lens barrel. So DJI must have designed that specifically for filters.

I see. I got confused because PolarPro's site said that the filters are direct replacement thread on in place of the stock UV filter, preventing adding a second glass element.

So basically, the Mavic Air's camera has the default glass and on top of that will be the ND filter which will result to be a second glass element. PolarPro might want to update the description on the website just in case
2018-2-5
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-2-5 16:55
Yah Seriously, I can understand being upset about receiving a defective filter, we will gladly replace it for him. They are really small filters and they are difficult to clean, we probably should have gotten a how to clean video started sooner. Just know we will always side with the customer and will always make you happy.

RE: Shipping to Canada is $12.99 on our site, and you can checkout via Amazon credentials on our site. Or you can wait for it to go "Prime" and ship to Canada.

Jeff from PolarPro,

You mentioned a video on cleaning? Do you have a link or can you describe the recommended cleaning process? Amazon says my filter order should be here in a couple days and I want to be prepared with knowledge!

Regards
2018-2-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Blaide Posted at 2018-2-5 18:00
Jeff from PolarPro,

You mentioned a video on cleaning? Do you have a link or can you describe the recommended cleaning process? Amazon says my filter order should be here in a couple days and I want to be prepared with knowledge!

Yes we will get that live late this week, we are shooting tomorrow and will have the cleaning/install video live Wed/Thursday.

Thanks for the order!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-2-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules