RC won't communicate with the P2
1305 15 2015-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doc43
lvl.2

United States

I recently got my P2 and RC back from DJI after some repairs. Their email indicated that everything worked after thorough testing. I have not turned it on sice getting it back. I thought I would switch to NAZA mode, but it appears that the RC and the P2 are not communicating. I updated the firmware on both units, but the sticks won't calibrate, and the motors won't start. Both units seem to power up fine. I have not tried to re-link the devices since I didn't think I needed to. Any thoughts on where to go from here?
2015-4-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

You need to rebind the TX to the Phantom.
2015-4-26
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-27 03:36
You need to rebind the TX to the Phantom.

Hi Gerry

It seems odd that Dji did not have his RC bound already?

To test it properly should they not have used his Tx?

Yug
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Doc, to clear things up we need to know what the LED's on the Phantom and Transmitter are showing...
2015-4-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-27 05:32
Hi Gerry

It seems odd that Dji did not have his RC bound already?

They might have used their own tx.  I  have heard many have to rebind after repairs.
2015-4-26
Use props
doc43
lvl.2

United States

I did the re-bind procedure according to the manual. In the P2 assistant , there is communication now. I switched to NAZA. The LEDs now blink green once followed by 3 red blinks. That pattern repeats. The motors now start effortlessly. I'm surprised I had to re-bind. I thought the point of sending the RC back with the copter was so they could use the already paired devices. My only question now before I fly, is the LED pattern.
2015-4-26
Use props
doc43
lvl.2

United States

I think I have figured out the answer. I started the motors indoors, and I think the LED pattern noted above indicates less than 5 sats.
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

The LED's are correct for NAZA mode, you did read the NAZA manual before switching I hope...
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

2015-4-26
Use props
doc43
lvl.2

United States

John, I did.  And thanks for posting the chart above...
2015-4-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

doc43 Posted at 2015-4-27 06:51
John, I did.  And thanks for posting the chart above...

You're welcome on the suggestion of rebinding.
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Its not the right chart for the Phantom, but the top bit with the Red / Green GPS count is correct.
And yes you would have thought DJI would use the transmitter you sent in, but logic and DJI don't always go hand in hand together...
2015-4-26
Use props
doc43
lvl.2

United States

Yes, Gerry. Thank you for that. It solved the problem...
2015-4-26
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-27 06:54
You're welcome on the suggestion of rebinding.

Got to stop DJI bashing but that is slack especially that the Tx went with it. I would have thought that was basic customer service. Probably cost more sending the Tx.

Man I am a whinger!!

Yug
2015-4-26
Use props
doc43
lvl.2

United States

Yug, when I talked to customer service they specifically asked me to pack the transmitter with the P2.
2015-4-26
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

doc43 Posted at 2015-4-27 13:19
Yug, when I talked to customer service they specifically asked me to pack the transmitter with the P ...

To me it's not doing the test properly. Also they would have unbound your Tx by binding theirs so you would think that common courtesy would be to put it back as they found it. Having said that it would be no use complaining about it.

Yug
2015-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules