Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 2 coming in March
1234Next >
90651 148 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

News are leaking from China that DJI is going to launch Mavic Pro 2 in March. It makes sense that DJI is launching it so soon as the Air is eating into the sales of the Pro. I think people who just bought the Air are going to be really annoyed when the new Pro is announced.

What do you think will be featured in the Pro 2? 40 mins battery? 10km range? 5k video?

As a Spark user, I considered buying a 2nd bigger drone. Most people will settled with the Mavic Air as a balance between the Pro and Spark, but you heard the saying "Jack of all trade, master of none". I'd rather have 2 separate drones for different purposes.
2018-1-28
Use props
fansde510068
lvl.2
United States

It will be interesting to see what comes of it! 40 minutes sounds crazy time but I think at this point it’s possible! I just have a Spark and am saving up for a Mavic, just playing the waiting game. Don’t want to buy one now and have a new one come out soon but I don’t want to wait for ever! I’ll be watching this news close.
2018-1-28
Use props
xfirf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

I´m still exited with my spark mostly because of the size and weight.
But for sure they will also release an upgrade of the spark in summer. :-)
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll believe it when I see it until then it's all speculative.
2018-1-29
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148596 ft
United States

Yeah that wouldn't completely surprise me I was expecting the Mavic Pro 2 this year still most likely. I think as it is already it fits in it's own area vs the Mavic Air great products but each with their own niche or scenario. I'm confident it'll have 4k60 and 1080p120,  then all of the Mavic Air and Pro Platinum features of course. The Mavic Air obstacle avoidance will definitely be a nice add. I'd guess a 35-40 minute flight time, 45mph top speed, and improvements to ocusync letting it hit the 7km with much better video transmission. I don't think we'll be going beyond 7km max range for awhile still. I think the biggest thing that they could do for the Mavic Pro 2 is keep it at it's size now add all this technology but then give it the 1 inch sensor of the phantom 4  pro then maybe adding true 4k video not UHD. I have a Spark and it's phenomenal for so much but even the brief time using it I'm already looking forward to probably get a Mavic in the future though to get 4k video and better range on something for after I get my Part 107 certification.
2018-1-29
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-1-29 00:31
I'll believe it when I see it until then it's all speculative.

One of the leaks came from someone in China:
https://twitter.com/ositalv

He leaked Mavic Air over a month before it was announced, so there's some credibility. He said Mavic Pro 2 (Official name is Mavic Pro II) will have a 1 inch camera sensor like Phantom 4 Pro. So, this new drone is basically a portable Phantom 4 Pro.
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr Sparkle Posted at 2018-1-29 01:35

I still stand by my original comment - when I see it.
2018-1-29
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I have the Spark as well as my only drone. I too will pass on the Air and wait for the Mavic Pro 2. I would think it will be out within the next 6 months as the Mavic Pro is a little stale (going on 15 months since it's release).
2018-1-29
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Why 10km range?  Where can you use even 4km range legally?  Antarctic?  I would say that is like building a 230mph car for our roads.  A specification that is all about bragging rights and never used.  But with drones, people routinely fly the current Mavic Pro well beyond legal distances.  The Pro 2 needs a nice short range wifi link to get photographers walking nearer to their subjects and keep the governments from banning them.

Now making the Mavic Pro 2 water proof and buoyant would solve a lot of DJI fraudulent warranty claim headaches.  I say it will float
2018-1-29
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-29 01:40
Why 10km range?  Where can you use even 4km range legally?  Antarctic?  I would say that is like building a 230mph car for our roads.  A specification that is all about bragging rights and never used.  But with drones, people routinely fly the current Mavic Pro well beyond legal distances.  The Pro 2 needs a nice short range wifi link to get photographers walking nearer to their subjects and keep the governments from banning them.

Now making the Mavic Pro 2 water proof and buoyant would solve a lot of DJI fraudulent warranty claim headaches.  I say it will float

Why waterproof?

- pictures in this conditions is horrible. not good light, water steps on camera and more...
2018-1-29
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

"Why 10km range?  Where can you use even 4km range legally?  Antarctic? "     Good one.
2018-1-29
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great comeback line.  I totally agree with your thinking.
2018-1-29
Use props
darkuser999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51890 ft
United Kingdom

For me, i would want the Mavis 2 to focus on image quality, particularly at low light, and flight time! with size and compactness, given the release of Mavic Air, i don't know which direction the Mavic will take!
2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I guess the next DJI drone can fly!
Like through the air.
Wowser
2018-1-29
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Water resistant with some sort of safety buoyancy would be a really nice feature. I plan on doing a lot of flying at the lake, the tiny comfort of knowing a water crash is not fatal, would really be nice.
2018-1-29
Use props
AdamTheGreat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56991 ft
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 2018-1-29 01:39
I have the Spark as well as my only drone. I too will pass on the Air and wait for the Mavic Pro 2. I would think it will be out within the next 6 months as the Mavic Pro is a little stale (going on 15 months since it's release).

I'm with you on this. I got my Spark for Christmas and LOVE it. This September I get a huge bonus at work so I'll be getting whatever the new Mav is then. If it comes out in March (I think that is way too early and will be more like June/July), that's even better as they'll be able to work out the bugs by the time I'm ready to buy.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

My prediction:
5 directional obstacles avoidance
4K @ 60FPS with H265 F2.4-F5.6
35 minutes flight time
9 KM range with Ocusync 2.0
Max speed of 75 Kph
Dead reckoning
Splash proof
It also Includes most features of the Air like APAS, gesture controls and FOC motor

2018-1-29
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

Well, you never know - the apocalypse can happened tomorrow and I will need my drone to check the 10km radius around me for survivors.

According to the leaker, Phantom 5 will be weather proof.
2018-1-29
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-29 07:01
My prediction:
5 directional obstacles avoidance
4K @ 60FPS with H265 F2.4-F5.6

H.265/HEVC is definitely a good thing to have... all 4K videos are going to this format in the future. It reduces the files size at least 4x!
2018-1-29
Use props
"Maverick"1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22123 ft
United States

Longer lasting battery, water proof, and a sleek body design like the Mavic Air would be nice. The Spark is my first drone, so I'll practice and master it's features until I'm ready for a Mavic Pro 2.
2018-1-29
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Well, there is actually one usefull thing about a drone with a theoretical flight distance this long. Despite the fact that you might never use it, it means that both the drone and the RC must have pretty powerfull antenas and this means that your signal will be much more stable even on a shorter range should you encounter some inteference ;). The same applies for your car. If you buy a car with an engine barely adequate to get it going, you will understand the need for more powerfull engine the moment you will try to move a cart full of sand (for some upgrades on your house) or anything else this heavy (like some well fed relatives) with it .
2018-1-29
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Dovivan Posted at 2018-1-29 05:10
Why waterproof?

- pictures in this conditions is horrible. not good light, water steps on camera and more...

Because drone pilots love to fly over and eventually crash into water.  Then they say it is unrecoverable and expect DJI to give them a new one.
2018-1-29
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-29 09:29
Well, there is actually one usefull thing about a drone with a theoretical flight distance this long. Despite the fact that you might never use it, it means that both the drone and the RC must have pretty powerfull antenas and this means that your signal will be much more stable even on a shorter range should you encounter some inteference ;). The same applies for your car. If you buy a car with an engine barely adequate to get it going, you will understand the need for more powerfull engine the moment you will try to move a cart full of sand (for some upgrades on your house) or anything else this heavy (like some well fed relatives) with it .

That is a useful characteristic of a robust signal.  However it is routinely used for long distance flights which result in lawmakers imposing more bans or restrictions on legal flights.  

There are other ways to implement a stable signal that leaves you with a low strength signal that rapidly falls into the noise floor at  1 kilometer distance.  It would self regulate drone equipped paparazzi who don't know what VLOS means.  I think that is what the stable at short range Mavic Air is trying to do.   
2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It would make sense, since the original Mavic (even the platinum) have a somewhat outdated camera / sensor / codec and the 'cheaper' Air feels like a better one.

I doubt the flight range will get that much of a boost. I think about 30-35 minutes would be great already.
Otherwise they would have to make the drone a lot heavier (as far as I think of course).
2018-1-29
Use props
Jasiak Radoslaw
lvl.2

Poland

What do you think about the weight of mavic pro 2 will be higher or lower?
2018-1-30
Use props
DirkGerrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Netherlands

Hopefully  no wifi but ocusync, the chance of interference is too high in Holland. And a lot of compasses, I hate the atti mode!
2018-1-30
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Simply no interest in anything bigger than the air. A drone at home because it didn't fit in your bag takes remarkably little footage. So for me it's just further improements on the air I'd be looking at in the future. But as an eu citizen this wifi nonsense needs binning for good as simply an unsuitable medium for control with our more restrictive rules. So I'll stick with the spark as it's good enough and paying the extra is not worth it until the wifi thing is sorted. Again, no desire to travel beyond vlos but I want to do it reliably without fear of interference.
2018-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Convert Posted at 2018-1-30 14:11
Simply no interest in anything bigger than the air. A drone at home because it didn't fit in your bag takes remarkably little footage. So for me it's just further improements on the air I'd be looking at in the future. But as an eu citizen this wifi nonsense needs binning for good as simply an unsuitable medium for control with our more restrictive rules. So I'll stick with the spark as it's good enough and paying the extra is not worth it until the wifi thing is sorted. Again, no desire to travel beyond vlos but I want to do it reliably without fear of interference.

Yes, that is one of the weaker points of the Air if you ask me.
We'll see how that goes
2018-1-30
Use props
KingRexy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49856 ft
Sweden

The dude seems to be on point? But until DJI gives an official announcement date I will take this with a pinch of salt. But hey I'm hoping for a release in March/April since I really wanna get an aerial drone instead of my FPV drone.
2018-2-1
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Mavic Pro has now dropped to $804 on Amazon.  Not bad considering it was $899 two weeks ago.  Anyone that needs to replace just the Spark itself can get them for $380.  
2018-2-1
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-1 17:00
Mavic Pro has now dropped to $804 on Amazon.  Not bad considering it was $899 two weeks ago.  Anyone that needs to replace just the Spark itself can get them for $380.

After Mavic Pro 2 launched, the price of Pro 1 will drop even more. I will buy one as a long range scout machine, I won't feel so bad if it's lost in the wilderness.
2018-2-1
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

I might get one if it gets cheap enough.  But I would just fly it like a Spark.  Just quick movie crane like shots of ground subjects or the immediate area with the advantage of a yaw axis gimbal.  I hear the video is soft and prone to blurry areas.
2018-2-1
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-1 21:34
I might get one if it gets cheap enough.  But I would just fly it like a Spark.  Just quick movie crane like shots of ground subjects or the immediate area with the advantage of a yaw axis gimbal.  I hear the video is soft and prone to blurry areas.

Yeah... I don't really care about Mavic Pro's video quality. The selling point is the range and battery + the solid video transmission with Ocusync. Take a look at this comparison video, I think Spark looks better. Also, if a person is only interested in photos, there's no need for Mavic Pro or Air.

2018-2-1
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

my dream for Mavic pro II :
- same range as MP
- same battery time as MPP
- sensor 1''
- 5D detector
- 4K 60 fps
- 2.7 k 100 fps
2018-2-3
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Mountaindrone Posted at 2018-2-3 01:36
- same range as MP

true, and same noise like MPP )

BTW. detectors is not interesting for me.
2018-2-3
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mr Sparkle Posted at 2018-1-29 01:35

OsitaLV correctly predicted the Zenmuse back in October.
2018-2-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mountaindrone Posted at 2018-2-3 01:36
- same range as MP

Yes, that would be great.
2018-2-5
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131309 ft
South Africa

I just got the Air myself as replacement to a Spark that fell out of the sky.  If the Spark hadn't done that and needed replacing I think I would still be flying it and waiting myself.  I think the Air will by me time until perhaps the next phantom is released.  But like you say the Air is surely eating into Mavic Pro sales and I'm sure Spark sales as well.  Next Pro will probably come with the 1" Phantom 4 Sensor and camera as the biggest step change.  But then the Pro starts cannabilising Phantom sales and you have to upgrade phantom as well...
2018-2-5
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 2018-2-5 21:23
I just got the Air myself as replacement to a Spark that fell out of the sky.  If the Spark hadn't done that and needed replacing I think I would still be flying it and waiting myself.  I think the Air will by me time until perhaps the next phantom is released.  But like you say the Air is surely eating into Mavic Pro sales and I'm sure Spark sales as well.  Next Pro will probably come with the 1" Phantom 4 Sensor and camera as the biggest step change.  But then the Pro starts cannabilising Phantom sales and you have to upgrade phantom as well...

The Air and the Pro are in the same price range, but Spark is half the price. I think the Air and Pro are competing with one another, Spark is in a different price category. Currently, the Mavic Pro is not so pro right now - the Air seems to have better video output. DJI will have to put that 1-inch P4P's camera sensor in a New Mavic Pro to make it a real Pro. Of course, after they did that, the P4P has less selling point so they will have to introduce the Phantom 5 then... and it goes on and on.
2018-2-5
Use props
patanahi
New

India

Well a friend of mine said that

price of Mavic Pro II is over 1299USD?

Flight time of Mavic Pro II will be certainly over 30min, during test they got 32min maximun time of hovering.
2018-2-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules