How to use dashware
7130 18 2015-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidw63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I downloaded dashware, uploded video and also the file from the flight logs, I can go to where you select gauges. But CANNOT figure out how to embed it to the video.. What gives?  
2015-4-26
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

you drag the gauge onto the video, drag and drop and then locate and resize, simple as that. \

And this is what you end up with

2015-4-26
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

David,

As Crash says, just drag and drop. Go down towards the bottom of the screen for the UAV gauges.

Jery
2015-4-26
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I like the long tape that shows everything, plus the route map showing how much of the flight is left.
2015-4-26
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
United States

OK figured the drag and drop.. Now how do you save it to your computer? there isnt a tab for save. When I pull it back up it shows original.
2015-4-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

davidw63@comcas Posted at 2015-4-27 07:06
OK figured the drag and drop.. Now how do you save it to your computer? there isnt a tab for save. W ...

Dashware tutorials

2015-4-26
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
United States

Thanks anyway.. I know its almost impossible to explain through text. But I give up for now. I can create, and add as much crap to the video on the dashware program, but as soon as im done and want to save to my computer video file, there is no where to save it as a "whole" completed video. I then want to open my windows movie maker and put in narriation, but cant get the gauges to stay with the video.. OH WELL.. The 2 video links you showed me didnt help, They dont explain how to save the whole project to the computer.
2015-4-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

davidw63@comcas Posted at 2015-4-27 07:51
Thanks anyway.. I know its almost impossible to explain through text. But I give up for now. I can c ...

Click on the "help" at the top menu.
2015-4-26
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

To save a completed project in Dashware click on File in the top left corner and select "Create Video" . After all the info is correct click the Creat Video button.  This will save it into a .mp4 file by default.
Or you can press. Ctrl + Shift + C
2015-4-26
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

davidw63@comcas Posted at 2015-4-27 07:51
Thanks anyway.. I know its almost impossible to explain through text. But I give up for now. I can c ...

David,

Do as Stock said. You are not really saving a file. You can save the project to change or modify your gauges, titles and other things. You don't really save the video, you create a video of the video with the data included. Basically, you're making a new video. I know it can be a bit frustrating but you're almost there!

Jerry
2015-4-27
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

And for a 1gb file it can take 2 hours or more
2015-4-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-27 20:10
David,

Do as Stock said. You are not really saving a file. You can save the project to change or  ...

Here's what you'll get without a Flytrex system installed:

Jerry
2015-4-28
Use props
nr.kyborg
lvl.3

Denmark

Hi jerry, video is private
2015-7-7
Use props
nr.kyborg
lvl.3

Denmark

Hi David, which data profile did you choose ?

do u have to do any converting of the data file ?
2015-7-7
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
United States

I gave up for now.
2015-7-10
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
United States

I got dashware to work on one video from a flight log off Litchi app.. But if I use the DJI Go App, dashware cant read the flight log data. It needs to be in a CSV file.. How do I go to convert it to CSV?
2016-2-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Kilted Flyer (D Posted at 2016-2-21 11:49
I got dashware to work on one video from a flight log off Litchi app.. But if I use the DJI Go App,  ...

There should be a "save as" option in the file saving menu ie. do not just save, "save as" then other choices for the file format you want to save it in should appear as sample below, different program but same principal..and you can have two files or three files etc. with the same name but saved in different formats which are all for different uses...
type 1.JPG
type 2.JPG
2016-2-21
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3

I got it to work.. Im using droneworld website to convert files. Since im slowly learning this crap, next step is how to place a video inside another video. the FPV video placed inside of main camera recording for example.
2016-2-25
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3

I made this video a few days ago. You will notice the Altimeter gauge, The reading is taken from sea level. Is there a way to adjust for current altitude?
2016-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules