Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheDon
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Sled Dog Competition

This weekend I had the pleasure to capture a sled dog competition organized in Romania. Unfortunately the weather conditions were not favorable but I managed to capture some moments with my DJI Spark. I would like to share my experience regarding on how to film these kinds of events and also offer you some tips.
At a sled dog competition following the subject is vital in order to transmit the energy and the suspense created by the competitors.

Never get too close to the subject especially when we talk about animals you might scare them and influence the outcome of the competitions result. The Spark is a good choice since it is less noisy. Sometimes you need to sacrifice the quality in favor of getting the shot.
Panning movements and tilts are also welcome when your are surrounded by objects which might jeopardize the safety of your flight.

Attention: Never fly in foggy weather an in -C degrees. Propeller icing is your worst enemy! In flight a thin layer of ice subsides on the props they get heavier, the drone starts to descend and becomes uncontrollable.
Just imagine what can be done with DJI Mavic Air! ;)

Enjoy the clip! Feel free to ask questions!

2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nice work as always!
2018-1-28
Use props
TheDon
First Officer