Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United States

Can anyone provide some personal experience using the DJI Care Refresh program?  I have some reservations, especially regarding item II. Exclusions "Force Majuere," as that would allow DJI to determine how they will handle a claim.

DJI support told me that a fly-away isn't covered however, the legal definition of a Force Majuere is an Act of God so if flight data showed DJI electronics failed or the drone fell from the sky, it should be covered. Waiting to hear DJI reply.

Geico only provides "drone insurance" as personal property coverage to my exisiting homeowner's policy, so I don't want to use my homeowner's as my deductible is more than the cost of the drone and filing a claim would cause my premiums to rise.

But I'm hoping to hear from someone who can tell me they experience a catostrphic exxperience with their bird (dropped from the sky at 400 feet), but flight data showed no Act of God and DJI replaced it with any issues.

Or, if anyone can suggest some drone insurance companies they use, that'll be greatly appreciated. I'll use Verifly for my liability insurance, but I'm primarily looking for insurance to provide replacement cost for my $1,500 bird should it suddently, and for no reason, fall from the sky (and God knows we're reading more about that lately).

Thanks!

Frank

2018-1-29
Use props
fansed802632
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

I've recently used Care Refresh to replace a crash-damaged P4A and it all went through pretty quickly and efficiently. The flight data analysis was irrelevant as I was not claiming under warranty (admitted crash due to pilot error).

You need to be able to return the drone - even if its in pieces, so an unrecoverable loss over water would not be replaced.

Everybody has to have a "Force Majeure" clause!

2018-1-29
Use props
Henry-M
lvl.2

Australia

fansed802632 Posted at 2018-1-29 03:30
I've recently used Care Refresh to replace a crash-damaged P4A and it all went through pretty quickly and efficiently. The flight data analysis was irrelevant as I was not claiming under warranty (admitted crash due to pilot error).

You need to be able to return the drone - even if its in pieces, so an unrecoverable loss over water would not be replaced.

Do you have to pay any replacement fee?
2018-1-29
Use props
fansed802632
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

Henry-M Posted at 2018-1-29 03:37
Do you have to pay any replacement fee?

Yes. You either pay for a repair or replacement (a fraction of the full cost).  https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#term-7
2018-1-29
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to know what happens if the drone is lost over a rugged terrain on the side of the hill full of cactuses and rattlesnakes where retrieving the drone is dangerous? Do I still need to go and get it before I can file a claim?
2018-1-29
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United States

Thanks for the insight fansed.  I've read there's a $99 fee involved with returns, which is more than fair.  I just needed a little confirmation from a real life experience before I purchased.
But now that I think about it, I should've been a little more clearer with DJI support as one would understandably assume a flyaway meant that I wasn't able to retrieve my drone. I was thinking more along the lines of a flyaway that eventually crashed into the side of a building or similar, or a flyaway straight into the ground for no apparent reason.

Maxi3D...  it appears you need get some thick and tall boots on, along with a gun, and go retrieve your bird in order for it to be claimed under the Care Refresh terms of service.

Thanks!

Frank
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Frank, thanks for your interest to DJI Care Refresh, please note the DJI Care Refresh will not cover any lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories, which means the drone must be recovered if any accident happens.
But if the accident is caused by product itself and the drone is still in warranty period, we will still provide the warranty service without DJI Care Refresh even though the drone cannot be retrieved.
2018-1-29
Use props
Henry-M
lvl.2

Australia

fansed802632 Posted at 2018-1-29 05:33
Yes. You either pay for a repair or replacement (a fraction of the full cost).  https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#term-7

OK!! Thank you
2018-2-1
Use props
fans3fc12186
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1617654 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-29 19:17
Hi Frank, thanks for your interest to DJI Care Refresh, please note the DJI Care Refresh will not cover any lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories, which means the drone must be recovered if any accident happens.
But if the accident is caused by product itself and the drone is still in warranty period, we will still provide the warranty service without DJI Care Refresh even though the drone cannot be retrieved.

I just sent my Mavic Pro back under the Care refresh. I crashed the drone and was able to recover it minus the gimbal and camera. will the Donne still be covered? Thanks
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules