Do you believe in a New Mavic Pro just coming out?
6859 58 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Infosmercial
lvl.2

United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2018-1-29 09:40
Mavic Air uses the same sensor has Mavic Pro, so only slight improvement with the Air in only some aspects. In most regards, the image will not be much different than image from MP. DJI needs to release a MP with better sensor, but the question is, When? I thought Autel was going to compel DJI to do just that very soon because of the Evo, now I am not so sure.

I disagree with this a lot and I think there is tons of confusion over it. Yes it is the same sensor, but the image processor has changed to a better one for the Air and that delivers arguably better results. Now in some regards the sensor will still have limitations like image noise. However, from everything I have seen, the Air delivers a better overall image quality and its not even close.
2018-2-5
Use props
Mister Tacks
lvl.1
United States

I just cancelled my Mavic Air order and have decided to wait until March  or April to see if the rumor is true about the Mavic Pro II. The weather where I live is going to limit my flight time until that time anyway, so I don't see a downside about waiting. I might still end up getting the Mavic Air in the long run. I live in a big city so flying over great distances is a no no from a legal standpoint and from a practical one. If I fly out of line of sight and something happens that requires me to set the drone down I will never see it again because of all of the people.

The mile or two mile range of the Air will be more than fine for me. My only hesitation in returning it is that the size of the Air will make it much easier to transport when I travel. Plus the fixed focus lens is great.The tap to focus is a pain I suspect on the Mavic Pro. But the use of WiFi as the control mechanism for the drone as opposed to the occusync on the Mavic Pro is a major downside. The is especially true if you plan to fly the drone in an urban setting where there are tons of random WiFi signals that can cause interference.

However with all that said, waiting doesn't hurt me in any way except for hyping up my natural impatience.
2018-2-5
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Someday......
2018-2-5
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

April/May is my prediction.  DJI needs to release the "Mavic Pro 2" to compete with recently announced Autel Evo
2018-2-7
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dont think it is as soon as everyone says...but this year for sure.
2018-2-7
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Even if only for the upgrade cycle, I'm sure DJI will release the Mavic Pro II at some stage. Everything electronics are now upgraded, if not on a yearly cycle, then on two, as the processors improve at a rapid rate.
2018-2-8
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Acenspades Posted at 2018-2-7 15:30
April/May is my prediction.  DJI needs to release the "Mavic Pro 2" to compete with recently announced Autel Evo

I agree!
2018-2-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Evo May never see the light of day.
2018-2-15
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-15 09:30
The Evo May never see the light of day.

Why?
2018-2-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because Autel’s track record sucks.
2018-2-16
Use props
Berg I Imagery
First Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

My guess is a Mavic Pro won't come until the Fall timeframe - I'd guess August/Sept before the holiday season.  No reason to release it any earlier than it's ready, as there is no 'real' competition.
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Berg I Imagery Posted at 2018-2-16 11:24
My guess is a Mavic Pro won't come until the Fall timeframe - I'd guess August/Sept before the holiday season.  No reason to release it any earlier than it's ready, as there is no 'real' competition.

The only 'clue' I have is that they just dropped the price of the MP in their store.
Maybe because of the MA that is even better on some parts, but maybe also because of MP2 is on the way.
2018-2-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be within the next 6 months.
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

nottuppaware Posted at 2018-2-5 19:13
When news starts appearing on Dpreview you know something is coming!
https://www.dpreview.com/news/4807535489/rumor-dji-mavic-pro-ii-will-sport-1-inch-sensor-may-arrive-in-march

Everything to get some more views.
Dpreview is still on my reading list, but it did degrade after it was bought by Amazon.
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

KingRexy Posted at 2018-2-1 16:31
This dude seems to know what is up
https://twitter.com/ositalv

So far he is the only source everybody is linking to (to my best knowledge).
But he could be right of course.
2018-2-16
Use props
KingRexy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49856 ft
Sweden

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-16 13:43
So far he is the only source everybody is linking to (to my best knowledge).
But he could be right of course.

Until some pictures of the new Mavic and not just drawings, Than I can start to feel more comfortable with the info given so far.
2018-2-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

KingRexy Posted at 2018-2-17 10:15
Until some pictures of the new Mavic and not just drawings, Than I can start to feel more comfortable with the info given so far.

Same here, but I doubt we will see that long before the release.
DJI has a great way of hiding their products.
2018-2-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

March is the month for the new Mavic with that being said my MPP is for sale, hit me up if interested comes with 3 batteries, hub charger and a nice case.  Also comes with 3 lens filters and leg extenders.
2018-2-17
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

Anyone else would dare to give a opinion about the schedule of Pro II lauching?
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules