Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ANAC PILOT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58609 ft
Argentina

Hi Friends.
Yesterday I Bought a 2nd. hand Spark.

Just the drone , charger , battery , propellers , cables and thats all. (NO RC)

I Have and Iphone 6 with Latest version on IOS.

Well, 1st. I charged the "Spark" battery to a full charge.

I started the Spark connected to DJI assistant 2 , DJI assistant downloaded updates and so forth, since original owner almost never used the unit.
Updates completed succesfully, no errors or whatsoever.

With DJI ASSISTANT 2, I modified the ORIGINAL WIFI , with a friendly name lets call it "cholo" , Change Was Successfull, also I modified Default Password with a new one , easy to remember for me , let say "bananasinpijamas"

After that I turn off the Spark, disconnect it from computer , and power on the spark.

I look for "cholo" network on my wifi config , on the iphone, found the SSID and write the password "bananasinpijamas" , everything looks fine.

Calibrate compass, IMU and perform a 2 minutes flight in order to check the ability of the drone to flight and all the sistems works properly.

Then I landed the Spark, and turn it off.

After a few minutes I turned on the spark in order to configure , camera parameters, exposure, video quality and so forth.

Next, Look for network "Cholo" on My Iphone and hit "Join" ...
INCORRECT PASSWORD message appear, once and again and again, since 1st. time I used "save my password" and "connect automatically" it is kinda strange thing.

I connected the Spark to DJI assistant 2 and RE - SET the network SSID to "CHOLO" and password , "bananasenpijamas".
Disconnects from PC , restart Spark, and Again "INCORRECT PASSWORD"

I reset the SPARK WITH a 9 or 10 seconds HOLDING POWER BUTTON , after hear 3 BIPS (DDD) I release the button.

SPARK STILL shows me the network name "CHOLO" , and NOT the factory network name.

Also I've tried to connect from other phone , a samsung J5 , with a WIFI ONLY in 2.4GHZ band , and it was unable to find the network (Seems to me that network is operating in 5.8GHZ) that´s why Iphone (2.4 and 5.8 GHZ ) is able to see CHOLO network and Samsung not.

Here I am very concerned about factory reset procedures, wrong password issues , I´m a little dizzy here.

Any comments will be hepfull.

Hope anyone can provide guidance to me, thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Marcelo - ANAC PILOT , AKA "Cholo Van Dam"

2018-1-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

use assistant and change to a 'better' (different/easy) password!
for a check
2018-1-29
Use props
ANAC PILOT
lvl.2
Argentina

I already did That , I´m a telecommunications engineer and tried , several passwords and SSID´s

Thanks for your comment !!!
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ANAC PILOT Posted at 2018-1-29 05:04
I already did That , I´m a telecommunications engineer and tried , several passwords and SSID´s

Thanks for your comment !!!

Hi, sir. Did you solve this problem? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-2-4
Use props
ANAC PILOT
lvl.2
Argentina

Hi Elektra thanks for worrying about my problem.
There´s no way to change the SSID to a new one in the spark .

I have been busy these days, and I will perform new testings on next Wednesday.

I´ll keep you updated.

Thanks !!!
2018-2-4
Use props
Mooozee
lvl.1

Singapore

@DJI Elektra
I have the same problem too. I bought my DJI spark off another person who won it from a lucky draw. Tried to pair it with my phone but it says incorrect password. The password was keyed reference from inside the battery and box. Scanning of the serial doesnt work too. Update the dji spark through go assistant 2. Change ssid and password. I noticed the ssid name is changed when im pairing via wifi, but the password is still incorrect despite keying in the newly changed password.
2018-3-4
Use props
Mooozee
lvl.1

Singapore

Any kind soul can refer to my thread and help me with it too.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131858-1-1.html
2018-3-4
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try the following.

1. 9 Seconds press and hold on the Spark battery power button(while the drone is powered), you will hear *Beep* then *Beep*, *Beep* then *Beep*, *Beep*,*Beep*(3 confirms it is done)
2. Wait for the WIFI to refresh and connect to it normally (SSID and password should be on the spark QR sticker)
3. If you successfully connect, retry changing the SSID and password in DJI assistant 2, if it fails or fails after you change it go to step 4.
4. Go into DJI Assistant go to the Wifi tab, delete the last character of the password, re-add that character, click in the white space of the app, it should show successfully set password with a green tick in the bottom left.5. Try to connect again.(note on Iphone i beleive you need to exit out of the current wifi connection if it fails, exit back to the full wifi list).

Step 1 & 4 may sometimes require a restart.
If Steps 1 to 4 fails, try 1 more time just in case.

If this doesn't help i have no idea :p
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mooozee Posted at 3-4 19:12
Any kind soul can refer to my thread and help me with it too.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131858-1-1.html

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I believe you're having an issue connecting your RC to your DJI Spark, correct? Did you update the firmware of your RC which you've purchased separately? Please provide the current firmware of your aircraft and RC for further assistance. You may check the video below on how you will re-link the aircraft and RC. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

2018-11-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Tony he hasn't a RC
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules