several issues in flight
600 10 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

so I've been having issues with too much interference and took the P3 to  open area with a lot of soccer fields.  Power lines a quarter mile away and thought I was far enough away from residences.  There was one home within a thousand feet of me and that's it.  I took off and things seemed fine....then started getting the "interference", "rc signal lost", rth was then triggered and it went vertical to 300m before then trying to land.  I have not had a single flight yet where I don't get multiple warnings so pretty frustrated at this point.

Guess I'll reinstall the app and relink the remote etc.....any other advice would be appreciated?
2018-1-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What do you have your RTH altitude set at?  And remember that your drone can be set for feet or meters.  What kind of warnings?
2018-1-29
Use props
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-29 05:23
What do you have your RTH altitude set at?  And remember that your drone can be set for feet or meters.  What kind of warnings?

500m, I was wondering if I set it to zero if that equates to "no limit"?
2018-1-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

That's way up there.  Just set it to be above anything near where you are flying.
2018-1-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

I would change to the imperial measurement since you live in US.  Everything will be feet then.  Make sure you have AC on when changing.
2018-1-29
Use props
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

phantompilot01 Posted at 2018-1-29 05:24
500m, I was wondering if I set it to zero if that equates to "no limit"?

so I'm getting warnings of "interference", low signal, lost signal, motors at risk of overheating, other than this one time it went to 300m where I couldn't even see it to rth, its been in clear site, goes to rth, and then I just lose control of it............
2018-1-29
Use props
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-29 05:29
That's way up there.  Just set it to be above anything near where you are flying.

ok, thanks
2018-1-29
Use props
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

the problem is it had to fly that high to find a safe zone to do a rth landing...which I thought was ridiculous..there was a little wind but didn't think it was that bad
2018-1-29
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

300 meters is over 900 feet. Legal height in the us is 400 feet, and plenty high for flying. RTH at  120 meters is 393 feet. Set your RTH for highest object in area, and read the manual on RTH and behaviors.
Also, winds aloft are usually higher than winds on ground.
2018-1-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

phantompilot01 Posted at 2018-1-29 05:36
the problem is it had to fly that high to find a safe zone to do a rth landing...which I thought was ridiculous..there was a little wind but didn't think it was that bad

The RTH height setting is always in metres, regardless of whether your main settings are metric or imperial.
Setting RTH height so high is unwise, for aviation/legal reasons and because it's not a good idea to send your Phantom into a battery sapping max climb and slow descent from so high up.
At the end of a flight you probably need battery power for more important things like getting home.
Set a realistic RTH height that will clear any obstacles between home and where you are flying.
2018-1-29
Use props
phantompilot01
lvl.2

United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-29 06:02
The RTH height setting is always in metres, regardless of whether your main settings are metric or imperial.
Setting RTH height so high is unwise, for aviation/legal reasons and because it's not a good idea to send your Phantom into a battery sapping max climb and slow descent from so high up.
At the end of a flight you probably need battery power for more important things like getting home.

thanks for all the advice, much appreciated, now I just need to work on being able to get some distance....
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules