5762 23 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rV1haNIUpgra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1982 ft
Netherlands

Hi
I am a new drone user and after some research concluded the best drone to start with was the DJI Spark.
After purchasing and flying few times I called DJI Support because I am not able to activate the drone. I have to restart the whole connection process everytime and manually connect to the wifi. But then it does fly. Only missing the camera settings options further.
When I called about these issues DJI support pointed out that my phone was not compatible (ONEplus x and Moto G5plus) therefore the DJI4 app would crash and I had two options; buy another phone (one from the limited list) or return the drone.
The support was easy to reach and very friendly but I am amazed no one mentions the limited phones that are compatible. I am the only drone user not owning an Iphone or Samsung?!
Never heard of this issue in all the review I read. DJI is proposing to refund the drone which is outstanding customer service but is there no other way?
If the drone is flying now do I run any risks of losing it?

thanks for comments
2018-1-29
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

I use a moto G5 (not plus) and it works fine.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Xperia XZ Premium here: no issues except it crashes about once every flight (4.1.22)
2018-1-29
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Another Moto G5 Plus, USA model user here. I did have some (less than 5) app crashes on the early Go 4 app releases when the Spark was first released. by the 4th quarter of 2017 the app would no longer crash. I remember there are some hardware differences with the G5 Plus USA and nonUSA models, not sure if this would make the app less stable. I would first try rebooting the phone before using the app, this is on my preflight checklist. If this doesn't work, you can take the drastic measure of reinstalling the OS (wipe the phone), install only the GO 4 app, and test app with Spark. Another app maybe affecting the GO 4 app.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. We would recommend users use the devices in recommended list. Thanks for your support.
app spark.JPG
2018-1-31
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just added Essential Phone to my collections and its work great with WIFI. I have Mate 9, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X and Honor 8 all work fine. Except Nexus 6 has problems with stitching Sphere panaroma.
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_GNeBZsek6ElS
New
Spain

Hello

I am a EU Moto G5 Plus user and works perfectly, however I need to switch off the mobile data to be able to connect to the RC.

I have to try with an OTG cable.

Regards
2018-2-2
Use props
fansd443533c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56827 ft
Colombia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-31 02:41
Hi, there. We would recommend users use the devices in recommended list. Thanks for your support.

Hi, HUAWEI mate 10 is not tested yet?. Tks.
2018-2-3
Use props
johnnybflyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 533681 ft
United Kingdom

I use a XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4X  with a OTG  cable I get full telemetry, and I am using GJI GO 4 App with 4.1.15  in Airplane mode and no auto upgrade and have no problems so far.
2018-2-3
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

I am using Huawei Honor V10 and it works fine.

For lower ram phone just clean your cache before flying and use airplane mode to block interruptions.
2018-2-3
Use props
Elcalagu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2365 ft
Belgium

rimza Posted at 2018-2-3 04:53
I am using Huawei Honor V10 and it works fine.

For lower ram phone just clean your cache before flying and use airplane mode to block interruptions.

I use a reply in this topic as it mentions the recommended list of devices.

I'm on the edge of buying a SPARK and have an Samsung Galaxy A3.
This is not listed in the recommended list of mobiles. Does this mean I better wait with my purchase of the SPARK until I have a phone which is included in the above list (meaning another +500$ to be spend?

I also see some possible solutions to clear all cache and put the phone in flight-modus.
Would this be possible with my Galaxy A3 or not worth trying?

It would be great to receive any feedback on this,
already thx for any reply
2018-2-4
Use props
Rzr Rider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35741 ft
United States

Hi guys. I posted this once before but OTG is not standard on Android.
2018-2-4
Use props
Rzr Rider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35741 ft
United States

There are some very good OTG checkers on the playstore before you try to use a OTG cable you should check you phone or tablet.
2018-2-4
Use props
Elcalagu
lvl.1
Belgium

Rzr Rider Posted at 2018-2-4 08:59
There are some very good OTG checkers on the playstore before you try to use a OTG cable you should check you phone or tablet.

Thx Rzr Rider,
that is already some good information, ran 2 different checkers and both were positive
2018-2-4
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Brunei

Elcalagu Posted at 2018-2-4 08:21

I'm on the edge of buying a SPARK and have an Samsung Galaxy A3.

I bought the Huawei Honor V10 because of Oreo and 6GB RAM and 128GB on board storage plus  256GB optional SD Card. The 6GB RAM should I presume can support the required task of flying the SPARK and more. And it works with the latest V4.2.4 DJI Go 4 app (the only version I tested in on)
If you wish to know for certain that your device works well with SPARK, suggest that you create a thread to  seek members that are using or having a Samsung A3 to test with SPARK.

2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansd443533c Posted at 2018-2-3 03:36
Hi, HUAWEI mate 10 is not tested yet?. Tks.

Hi, there. Sorry to tell you that it is not in the recommended list. You can tell us the problem you encounter when you use mate 10 to run the DJI GO 4. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Elcalagu Posted at 2018-2-4 08:21

I'm on the edge of buying a SPARK and have an Samsung Galaxy A3.

Please note that recommended devices are tested and the performance is good to use. A3 may not perform as well as recommended devices. Please inform us if you need help.
2018-2-8
Use props
ceho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148484 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have a Mate 10 and a Mate 9 (which is on the list of recommended devices!), but I can state that both phones have issues with the app! As I don't want to hijack this topic here, please refer to my thread on the matter: https://forum.dji.com/thread-128927-1-1.html

However there is no answer or support on this.

iPad works fine though :-(
2018-2-8
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Brunei

ceho Posted at 2018-2-8 01:51
I have a Mate 10 and a Mate 9 (which is on the list of recommended devices!), but I can state that both phones have issues with the app! As I don't want to hijack this topic here, please refer to my thread on the matter: https://forum.dji.com/thread-128927-1-1.html

However there is no answer or support on this.

have you tried on version 4.2.4? For Honor v10 the histogram is still present. i will post the screenshot once I am back.
2018-2-8
Use props
ceho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148484 ft
  • >>>
Germany

rimza Posted at 2018-2-8 02:05
have you tried on version 4.2.4? For Honor v10 the histogram is still present. i will post the screenshot once I am back.

Thx. Yes, I run 4.2.4 on both phones, it is still the same problem.
2018-2-8
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271575 ft
Argentina

johnnybflyguy Posted at 2018-2-3 04:46
I use a XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4X  with a OTG  cable I get full telemetry, and I am using GJI GO 4 App with 4.1.15  in Airplane mode and no auto upgrade and have no problems so far.

with the otg on 4.1.15, im using the latest 500m is a good number after that you cant see the spark on a sunny day but i updated the app and the latest version i can get 689m on wifi, so i have the old one on my sony and the new one on my ipad.
2018-2-8
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Brunei

ceho Posted at 2018-2-8 03:03
Thx. Yes, I run 4.2.4 on both phones, it is still the same problem.

OSD and histogram settings on screen.
2018-2-8
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

I have an old HTC One M8. No problems here unless I try shooting in -10c or lower, then my phone shuts off from the cold because its battery is old and feeble. Spark still stays connected and responsive to the RC even if the phone shuts off though.
2018-2-8
Use props
Elcalagu
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-8 01:19
Please note that recommended devices are tested and the performance is good to use. A3 may not perform as well as recommended devices. Please inform us if you need help.

Giving a small update on my question earlier on.

Meanwhile I have received the Spark and setup was done with Samsung Galaxy A3.
(RC included)

Went trough a lot of reading and howto's before starting with the setup, following all recommendations closely. (including upgrading the firmware)
I didn't encountered a single issue.

Meanwhile I have finished my first 3 short flights (5 min) in beginnermodus (max radius of 30m).
Great experience and will keep visiting this forum to share my knowledge as it improves.

2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules