Phantom 4 motor vibration update
11097 59 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

F.KOK Posted at 2018-2-10 01:10
Hello Susan, please inform the engineers that the motors do not vibrate when the Drone is turned slightly forwards or backwards, ? but when it is level or when you push on the Drone it vibrates.
I still have the wobble when flying fast in P,S or ATTI mode. When flying slow the Drone flies perfect. When flying with the wind it flies perfect, but flying into only a slight breeze it starts to wobble as mentioned before. Everything is on the latest version.

Well noted, thank you so much! Hope the engineers optimize this as well.
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_3fw0NxmZXTGm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69039 ft
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-23 01:25

hello.
Well i´ve observed that the problem is when the aircraft reaches a some rpm´s above the idle speed.
My P4 had a problem with IMU calibration that made the AC suddenly raise idle speed and i saw  the AC shake at that raised idle speed.
Hope that the update doesnt take too long....
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_3fw0NxmZXTGm Posted at 2018-3-8 13:21
hello.
Well i´ve observed that the problem is when the aircraft reaches a some rpm´s above the idle speed.
My P4 had a problem with IMU calibration that made the AC suddenly raise idle speed and i saw  the AC shake at that raised idle speed.

Thanks for your feedback. I've pushed our engineers again, hope the new update will come soon.
2018-3-11
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I've been off having a baby so havent had time to test latest firmware until now. While flight performance seems generally improved, I too am having this vibration issue. When the drone is coming back down to idle. Here is a quick video taken at 120fps slowed down to 30fps - you can clearly see the whole arm wobbling. Quite worrying. Hope it helps DJI or the community

2018-3-16
Use props
MartK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 516237 ft
Estonia

I too have some kind of vibration.  As seen on this short test video, the vibration is much more noticeable with a "heavier" ND filter from eBay, (which shouldn't matter, since it was OK before and i don't think it is that heavy) but it is still present with normal DJI UV-filter (although not so bad), but i still have to apply stabilization in post. And when turning, the picture seems to be very jerky, can't do a smooth turn.
And when I watched the last video posted here, the vibration or shake seems to fit very well with my video.

2018-3-17
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Seeing this vibration issue I did not upgrade my P4. Still on the last BETA. Can you guys downgrade?
2018-3-18
Use props
WV_DA_BOGGS
New
Flight distance : 2013668 ft
United States

I have been experiencing the same problems. Mine started right after the firmware upgrade as well. Which was a nightmare to start with as firmware update failed and I had to go to old version just to get it back to a new version and controller was having issues. Once I finally got both communicating and drone air borne I then have a fluttering drone. If the drone is throttled, it flies fine. It flutters anytime you idle down and gives warnings that there is high winds. I kept fearing there was something wrong with one of the motors. I tried re calibrated drone and controller, new props, oil for motors, and contemplated sending off for repair or even selling the dern thing because DJI locks out features on the older models. Once I followed advice above and decreased yaw to 80 from 100 it reduced the vibrations and flutters a lot but it still does it some.  I hope DJI gets this sorted out soon.
2018-3-19
Use props
gmod12.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72162 ft
Ireland

Hi Susan any news on an update to fix this issue from DJI
Thanks
2018-5-22
Use props
gmod12.gmail
lvl.2
Ireland

Hello DJI what’s the latest and a timeline to fix this issue

Thanks
2018-5-25
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-23 01:25

Hello Susan, wonder If this problem is not related to the wobble effect that so many Drones experience previously , because like djiuser_3fm have said, it is when the Drone reaches a certain rpm.  It happens in the air as well I think, because at a certain speed it is a little unstable. Pilots must fly into the wind [ a light breeze] and look if it flies steady - the same as with the wind.  
2018-5-25
Use props
gmod12.gmail
lvl.2
Ireland

Hello Dji any time line on a fix for this and why aren’t you replying on this forum.   Thanks
2018-6-1
Use props
Verre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253983 ft
Finland

It has been months! Still no update to this?
2018-8-8
Use props
fansa017bfa8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

I haven't flown for a few months so I decided to check if there was a fix for the vibrating issue. I decided to connect to DJI assistant and downgraded to V 02.00.0106. Problem is gone.
2018-8-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

fansa017bfa8 Posted at 2018-8-17 16:48
I haven't flown for a few months so I decided to check if there was a fix for the vibrating issue. I decided to connect to DJI assistant and downgraded to V 02.00.0106. Problem is gone.

So now you will have gimbal resets and video cut off when recording 4k @ 30 fps.  And potentially wobbling instability as reported by many ?
2018-8-17
Use props
fansa017bfa8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

My issue was vibrations during spool down and descending. Never had any gimbal issues. The vibration during decent was quite violent at times. Issue started just after upgrading to .0700.
2018-8-18
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

Hi Everyone.
This issue with the vibration and wobble (which I am also having since upgrading firmware)
Does anyone know if DJI have come up with a fix as yet??
2018-11-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dexcellent Posted at 11-13 22:45
Hi Everyone.
This issue with the vibration and wobble (which I am also having since upgrading firmware)
Does anyone know if DJI have come up with a fix as yet??

Have you calibrated your IMU since upgrading to 02.00.0700, if not then that may help with any instability problems. As might a calibration of VPS in Assistant 2 if problems arising below 10m altitude.
2018-11-14
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 11-14 03:39
Have you calibrated your IMU since upgrading to 02.00.0700, if not then that may help with any instability problems. As might a calibration of VPS in Assistant 2 if problems arising below 10m altitude.

Hi Aardvark.
Yes I have done all the recommended calibrations including IMU and Gimbal.
Everything is up to date including DJI GO app
I have done the same as what others have done that are also having the same issues.
I just wandered if DJI have come up with the fix for this as yet, eg new firmware or something
2018-11-14
Use props
Germ0o
lvl.1
United States

Its been a year and no DJI reply or solution to this vibration issue, their customer service is junk.
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_YfoPbsbfBNXW
lvl.1

Indonesia

My drone is back to normal and it's not vibrating quite simply
2021-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules