I can not update the fly safe database on spark.
20459 31 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8e99fe94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10574 ft
Turkey

I can not update the fly safe database on spark. It just stands still on 0% and never downloads whether i use wifi or even mobile data, connected to the AC and disconnected from AC it just doesn't download.
How can I solve the problem?

2018-1-29
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30784 ft
Germany

I had the same issue. Then I tried to update it with DJI Assistant and I realised that there is no update at all. I just reinstalled the app and it never offered this update again.

So I would suggest that you try with DJI Assistant first...if there's no update offered, then it's probably something wrong with the app on your phone.
2018-1-29
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

Same issue here... I have 1.00.7.... seems new 1.00.9

I can´t update, it say "update failed" but it doesn´t download any from the network.

Dji assistant show same message but nothing to update.

2018-1-29
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

motopa Posted at 2018-1-29 10:50
Same issue here... I have 1.00.7.... seems new 1.00.9

I can´t update, it say "update failed" but it doesn´t download any from the network.

Same here. I have tried on Assist 2 an Go 4. downloads nothing, meanwhile comes an error message. in both Assist 2 and Go 4.  
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. The database issue has been aware and fixed at this moment. Please try to refresh and check again.
2018-1-30
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-30 00:21
Hi there, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. The database issue has been aware and fixed at this moment. Please try to refresh and check again.

I am sorry to say, just the same. On Assist 2 doesn't come popup message (yesterday came a popup message). DJI Go 4 sends the same old message 'Precise Fly Safe Database Update....  Ignore/Update . If Update is chosen --> Update Now --Y (Mobile Data Connection is turned of, anyway it sends an error message) --> Tips (Next/Cancel).--> chosen Next, happens nothing, stays on 0%.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Dji Go4. Deleted the Dji folder, so I tried to install from scratch.  Just the same.

I tried to connect RC connected thru OTG / Spark is on wifi . Just the same.

Go 4 version 4.2.4, Spark 1.00.0900.

Update:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 2018-1-30 00:41
I am sorry to say, just the same. On Assist 2 doesn't come popup message (yesterday came a popup message). DJI Go 4 sends the same old message 'Precise Fly Safe Database Update....  Ignore/Update . If Update is chosen --> Update Now --Y (Mobile Data Connection is turned of, anyway it sends an error message) --> Tips (Next/Cancel).--> chosen Next, happens nothing, stays on 0%.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Dji Go4. Deleted the Dji folder, so I tried to install from scratch.  Just the same.

When the message pops up, please switch to home wifi and check again. Also, you can switch to another IOS device to upgrade.
2018-2-1
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 03:38
When the message pops up, please switch to home wifi and check again. Also, you can switch to another IOS device to upgrade.

Thank You for your answer.
I could have the database refreshed. Anyway I don't use IOS phone and I am not intended to use ever. At DJI  you should accept, there are Android & IOS users. DJI promoted Dji drones and software for using both device and platform types. So please keep it in mind, and don't push up us, Android useres toward Apple stuffs. Thank You again.
2018-2-5
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Did you used latest version of the assistant? install new version reboot computer, start rc start spark, wait untill connected then connect to pc and launch assistant.You need 50 % or more battery.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 2018-2-5 08:22
Thank You for your answer.
I could have the database refreshed. Anyway I don't use IOS phone and I am not intended to use ever. At DJI  you should accept, there are Android & IOS users. DJI promoted Dji drones and software for using both device and platform types. So please keep it in mind, and don't push up us, Android useres toward Apple stuffs. Thank You again.

Thanks for the clarification. Nice to know the issue has been fixed.
2018-2-8
Use props
boshal
New
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Austria

Hope we are talking about the same thing. DJI Assistant 2 (just updated to 1.2.2) tells me "Updating No-fly Zone Database is required" Then it downloads ist (very fat as a matter of fact) . But tehen gives an Error "Download fehlgeschlagen" (Got the german version)
2018-2-9
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-8 02:07
Thanks for the clarification. Nice to know the issue has been fixed.

Susan,

The updates for the database has caused an issue that Bricks Sparks if done from the latest Assistant App version. Not the one in the Downloads for the Spark but the one listed in the Mavic Air downloads as mandatory to update the Air to the latest FW version.

You can only have one version operable on the Mac at the one time. So the version update required for Air owners Bricks the Spark when trying to update the Zone database. This has now been confirmed by other users.

My Spark is being returned tomorrow for repair. Hopefully when it is diagnosed it will help identify the problem.

The Support team have been great and have turned around a warranty RMA and Return Post Label in only a couple of hours.

Cheers

It would be beneficial if you put out a warning for all Spark users to only update the Zone Database via IOS or Android and not the Assistant until this is rectified.

I have started a thread in the Spark forum to discuss this issue.  
2018-2-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPDATE your SPARK using Assistant 2 if you get a warning the the Safe Fly etc needs updating .. MY SPARK is now useless and DJI has not emailed me back for 2
days.  Previous thread below.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1200990

2018-2-15
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue with zone database update and I am cancelling it and continue as it’s not working at all.  It always returns an error.

Sometimes I feel like DJI is testing it’s customer’s patience. Like every other users here I have spent £630 for my Spark fly more combo and I don’t expect to receive a bad service from DJI. So please resolve this silly little issues before your loyal customers leave you for another brand.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-15 02:42
Susan,

The updates for the database has caused an issue that Bricks Sparks if done from the latest Assistant App version. Not the one in the Downloads for the Spark but the one listed in the Mavic Air downloads as mandatory to update the Air to the latest FW version.

Sorry to hear the issue of your Spark. We have been aware of this and recommended to update the DJI Assistant 2 to v1.2.2.845 or later. Appreciate your understanding. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.
2018-2-26
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-26 18:43
Sorry to hear the issue of your Spark. We have been aware of this and recommended to update the DJI Assistant 2 to v1.2.2.845 or later. Appreciate your understanding. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.

Susan,

Thor provided the Link in my thread I have on this topic.

I am astounded by 3 things.

1) No administrator has posted a warning and advised customers not to use the Mavic Air version that they would have loaded to get their Airs working.

2) No administrator has posted that the web site downloads for the Air is disabled and the new version of assistant can only be downloaded from a specific URL.

3) No Administrator has posted that the Version in question is broken and will brick their Sparks and a version update exists.

There are only references like the one of yours and Thors are buried in mine and this thread.

Don't you think you should be telling your customers.

They way the find out now is only AFTER they brick their Sparks and go searching.

Do you think you should be more active in disseminating this information Before customers get in trouble rather than after?

2018-2-26
Use props
alifeofimages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I am having the same issue. It downloads fine and then I press update it do connected from controller and says fail. I have turned the controller and drone off many times still will not work. I even tried my phone app but nothing.
2018-5-31
Use props
alifeofimages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 03:38

Having the same issues tried multiple time. It disconnects from the controller when you click update.  I switch WiFi back on but still th controller disconnects please sort this issue out.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

alifeofimages Posted at 2018-5-31 05:28
Having the same issues tried multiple time. It disconnects from the controller when you click update.  I switch WiFi back on but still th controller disconnects please sort this issue out.

May I know which mobile device do you use? Could you upload a short issue video for further assistance?
2018-6-10
Use props
slyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12231 ft
United States

Like many who have tried to update the "Precise Fly Database", I have spent countless hours trying to update the "Precise Fly Database".  All I get is "Failed to Update" error message.  I have a Spark  Fly more combo connected to an iPad air.  I have tried several methods - made sure the iPad was connected to my home Wi-Fi and the RC connected to the iPad with a cable.
I have never seen a positive or helpful reply to this issue from DJI.  Does this data base need to be updated?  Has DJI tried to do this up date with any success? Does DJI have definitive instructions on how to accomplish this?
2019-1-5
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

slyd Posted at 1-5 20:04
Like many who have tried to update the "Precise Fly Database", I have spent countless hours trying to update the "Precise Fly Database".  All I get is "Failed to Update" error message.  I have a Spark  Fly more combo connected to an iPad air.  I have tried several methods - made sure the iPad was connected to my home Wi-Fi and the RC connected to the iPad with a cable.
I have never seen a positive or helpful reply to this issue from DJI.  Does this data base need to be updated?  Has DJI tried to do this up date with any success?  Does DJI have definitive instructions on how to accomplish this?

Just skip this update, that’s what I do, as it fails when I update. So I just skip it, it’s not important anyway.
All it does is cripples your drone, it can’t fly where it could fly before and that’s it, nothing else.

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-6
Use props
E Britt
lvl.1
United States

From what I have seen, DJI support is poor at best. The software is crap. The machines are ok, but you have to be an engineer to figure out what to do when the software inevitably craps out, wont update or just generally sucks ass. You would think such a big company could do better.
Looking for a new and better drone........
Skydio looks interesting.
2019-12-14
Use props
Gizmodude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49213 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-30 00:21

This is still an ongoing issue. I realize that the Spark is NO longer in the DJI lineup for purchase , however from a lifecycle management perspective how long will DJI continue to support the SPARK ? Also has there been any resolutions to this specific issue of ‘Precise Fly Safe DB Update’ = Failed to Update. I have the latest DJI Go 4 App .
Spark ver 01.000.1000
Controller ver  01.00.0600
Precise Fly DB
Aircraft = 01.00.01.17
App = 01.00.01.18
Basic Fly Safe Db = 01.00.01.08
2020-4-12
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Gizmodude Posted at 4-12 08:21
This is still an ongoing issue. I realize that the Spark is NO longer in the DJI lineup for purchase , however from a lifecycle management perspective how long will DJI continue to support the SPARK ? Also has there been any resolutions to this specific issue of ‘Precise Fly Safe DB Update’ = Failed to Update. I have the latest DJI Go 4 App .
Spark ver 01.000.1000
Controller ver  01.00.0600
Okay, I can only describe how I do this update.
Firstly, I'm on Android 9 and latest GO 4 app.
The main problem is you have to download the database, and it must also be transferred to your Spark.
Soo.. here we go:
I'm always doin this when I'm on a known wifi network, preferable at home.
Do not activate airplane mode, stay on local wifi!
I connect my device via otg to the remote and start up my Spark. (you cannot connect to multiple wifi's, hence the otg cable).
Open GO 4 app, and it will tell you to update the database.
Since you are already connected to an internet wifi, there should be no problems with your update.
Just remember to wait for onscreen instructions.

This procedure can easily take some minutes.
The new database needs to be downloaded to your GO 4 app, then transfer via otg through your remote control to Spark.
You will be instructed to manually restart your Spark to finalize the installation.

Keep us updated, other pilots may hit this thread if searching this issue.
2020-4-12
Use props
Gizmodude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49213 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Haggi Posted at 4-12 10:57
Okay, I can only describe how I do this update.
Firstly, I'm on Android 9 and latest GO 4 app.
The main problem is you have to download the database, and it must also be transferred to your Spark.

Thanks appreciate the tips . I have my iPhone XR connected via OTG cable to the controller. I am on my home Wifi network . The download is successful, the part that fails is updating the spark. That’s where is fails, every time . Thanks
2020-4-21
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Sadly I cannot add any solution.
Just wanna tell you the process of tranfer to the Spark after download can probably take between 5-10 min.
Led lights on your Spark will change during this process.
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_JW8wh7Jg9uAE
New

Bangladesh

Still facing the same. what can I do? Tried everything you suggested. Failed to update after download. Using otg and my home wifi.
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_JW8wh7Jg9uAE
New

Bangladesh

Still facing the same problem. There should be solution for this.
2020-4-25
Use props
Logan Simmons
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_JW8wh7Jg9uAE Posted at 4-25 07:58
Still facing the same problem. There should be solution for this.

I completely agree I tried everything the person said nothing happened or worked
2020-4-28
Use props
bplatel
lvl.1
Philippines

I ‘solved’ this problem by connecting directly via wifi to the Spark, updating the fly safe database, and then reconnecting the RC.
2020-6-28
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I solved it to delete the whole NFZ db
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules