Aircraft disconnected
1200159 1200159 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I was flying last week at twilight.  I was in VLOS when I got an aircraft disconnected notification.  It was getting dark and it was hard to see the orientation of the Mavic Pro.  I hit return to home and the craft lit up, yet didn't move.  Everytime I hit I hit return to home, the craft's lights would flash, but it wouldn't move.  I restatred the DJI Go 4 ap and it still would not reconnect with the mavic.  At this point I had no control over the aircraft what so ever.  As the time ticked away, I lost sight of the mavic.  At this point it had been in the air for over 20 minutes.  Luckily at this time, my wife came outside.  She has much better ears than me.  She said that she could hear it.  We looked all over.  Finally she spotted a person in a nearby parking lot who appeared to be looking for something (he had heard the drone too and was looking for where it was).  We raced over and there was my Mavic hovering dangerouly close to a building about 5 feet off of the ground.  I was able to capture it and shut it down by shutting off the battery.  I was very shaken at this point.  I recgharged the battery and controller and put it away.  The next day, I took it out and flew it with no problem.  Now I'm afraid that this problem will reappear.  I was lucky to be able to find it.   Next time, I may not be so lucky!
I don't have access to my logs right now.  I seem to recall hearing similar stories recently about this same kind of problem.  HAs anyone got any answers about what is going on?  I had the latest software on both the Maivc Pro and the DJI Go ap.  
2018-1-29
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

I had this happen yet again.  I updated the DJI Go4 ap and the latest firmware.  Was less than 100 feet away when I got an aircraft disconnected message.  I was able to control the AC and return it to me but these disconnect problems are frustrating!
2018-2-1
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

it was a mistake to use latest version of firmware and dji go app
downgrade to 0100 and use dji go 4.1.14 or .15 if android
2018-2-1
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-2-1 11:55
I had this happen yet again.  I updated the DJI Go4 ap and the latest firmware.  Was less than 100 feet away when I got an aircraft disconnected message.  I was able to control the AC and return it to me but these disconnect problems are frustrating!

it could be a settings issue:
connect your drone and rc and device - open the app
check the 3 dots at top right of screen - press and enter this menu
enter the aircraft settings (top icon - mc settings)
scroll down to advanced settings - enter
scroll down till you see RC SIGNAL LOST - opposite is an options box
click on this box and 3 options appear 1, RTH 2, Landing 3, Hover
click on the top option Return-to-home

Hope that works - good luck
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-1 12:45

Perfect reply!
2018-2-1
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Not surprising, DJI makes great advertisements but their products (and even more so software) is awful. Fortunately for you, the drone didn't crash into that building! Mine hit trees and DJI refuses to take responsibility.
2018-2-1
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-1 12:45

I did have it on that setting.  I'm baffled.
2018-2-2
Use props
SteWong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

It happened to me too.

I use Crystal Sky to fly my Mavic Pro, all of a sudden the app said a/c disconnected. Luckily I was able to fly the drone back with the RC. I then have to disconnect the Crystal Sky, restart the RC and reconnect the CrystalSky to make everything work again. Scary
2018-2-2
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

SteWong Posted at 2018-2-2 10:10
It happened to me too.

I use Crystal Sky to fly my Mavic Pro, all of a sudden the app said a/c disconnected. Luckily I was able to fly the drone back with the RC. I then have to disconnect the Crystal Sky, restart the RC and reconnect the CrystalSky to make everything work again. Scary

It has to be something in the last two firmware updates.  I never had this problem before that!
2018-2-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-2-2 09:58
I did have it on that setting.  I'm baffled.

I do not know yr problem for sure but can only share my thoughts;
Let me start with a suggestion: in the menu settings is the option to set home as HOME POINT or ME (which is wherever the rc is/ wherever the pilot is). Find the function in the menu and practice it a few times - so that it is second nature for you in future.
If you experiance the problem again then enter your settings and change the RTH to ME (ie that is returns to the rc position) i hope at least this is a way around your problem.
Now whats the problem? i can only make some guesses - have 2 in mind
1. when you press RTH button you must press the button and hold it down for a short while - a quick push of that button does not execute RTH
2. Perhaps after the app reconnected and got its satelites back that maybe it recorded that place as its home point and therefore pressing RTH caused it to stay there - but this should not happen,  i think this is a less likley possibility
2018-2-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-2-2 09:58
I did have it on that setting.  I'm baffled.

just for laughs go and have a look that it is still on that setting. it has happened to me beofre that sometimes an update will cause some of my settings to change (have not had that for a while but at times before it happened)

other points to mention:
i always leave my lights on - at night i can see my lights at 1km distance from me (thats my personal vision limit) -
Keep the drone moving in the night sky and you will easilly see which way it is going and then you can
2. vision through camera: when it gets dark then you can adjust your iso and shutter speed to the extremes so that even when it is dark you will have an image to view in your devise to give you orientation.
If you switch to video mode you will not be able to see at night (maybe there is a way but i dont know) at night i switch to camera only.
2018-2-2
Use props
SteWong
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-2-2 10:22
It has to be something in the last two firmware updates.  I never had this problem before that!

Yup, same here. May be the update to the RC have caused this problem?
2018-2-2
Use props
SteWong
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-2-2 10:22

I also found serious lag when switching between video and photo modes.
2018-2-3
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

When I say that the magic was disconnected, that meant that my phone screen was black.  There was no image at all and no way to control the Mavic.  I have checked the setting and it is just as I had it.  I've always been the type to update each time it says to.  The next time I have a stable build, I will leave it alone!
2018-2-3
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

I meant the first time.  Second time I was still able to control it.
2018-2-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-2-3 13:32
When I say that the magic was disconnected, that meant that my phone screen was black.  There was no image at all and no way to control the Mavic.  I have checked the setting and it is just as I had it.  I've always been the type to update each time it says to.  The next time I have a stable build, I will leave it alone!

sorry i cant help you anymore than the suggestions i made so far - in conclusion though a final thought is to say: to limit the risk of disconnects keep focused on maintaining los with your drone at all times and ensure also that your anntennae are correctly positioned in relation to your drones position - by reducing your risk of disconnects reduces your risk of events associated with disconnects.
what devise are you using?
2018-2-3
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7.  I've been flying a Mavic for almost a year now with this same set up. That's why it's so baffling.  I've flown it in a wide variety of places from the summit of a mountain 8,000 feet high to a mile and a half across a lake without any disconnects.  I wish I could roll the firmware and the DJI GO 4 app back.   
2018-2-3
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

I appreciate your thoughts on this.  Thanks for taking the time with the suggestions.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-2-3 14:10
I appreciate your thoughts on this.  Thanks for taking the time with the suggestions.

Sir, did you get any message from your app before disconnection? Please ensure that there is no interference around your drone. You can export the flight data and the black box for further analysis.
2018-2-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I had this same issue today using my samsung s8 on the Go 4 4..15 app. the app disconnected without any warnings or error but i still had control via the remote so i brought it back. Disconnected cable abd tried again did not work had to restart remote and AC before the app connected again. this happened twice while flying this morning very strange.
2018-2-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

during todays flight i got serious reception issues - long story short i googled (topographical effects on 2.4ghz) and arrived at information about Freznel zone and radio shadow - google it - check it out - hope it helps some.
2018-2-4
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-4 01:46
Sir, did you get any message from your app before disconnection? Please ensure that there is no interference around your drone. You can export the flight data and the black box for further analysis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reRVldRx9Rk

No messages.  Here is the data.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdw8a ... GbuIgMrSBKLnVa?dl=0
2018-2-4
Use props
Renato Reis
New
Flight distance : 74360 ft

Brazil

Hello all! I had it yesterday: the aircraft disconnected but I still controling with RC (but he only moved sideway).
Then, what is this? Software? Cable? I'd like to fly now but I'm a little afraid with it
2018-2-4
Use props
Renato Reis
New
Flight distance : 74360 ft

Brazil

Edit: double post.
2018-2-4
Use props
Snow_2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240443 ft
Australia

When you want to use RTH you have to press and hold the RTH button until RC start beaping and on LCD display you can see a lot of information about the aircraft.

Anyway to prevent this I restart my phone before every flight and it works for me.

You can try RTH on an open area to be sure that everything is OK
Cheers
2018-2-5
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

It happened again while filming in the Keys.  The DJI Go 4 app crashed.  The screen said aircraft disconnected.  I was able to hit RTH and recover.  This is really getting annoying!
2018-4-2
Use props
fans31593dcf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49560 ft
France

Hi same issue today and one week with the last update on my mavic. My brother has had same issue for his first fly with his mavic platinum. What is the solution?

For me there is a issue in the remote control firmware or in the shower go app for android.
2018-5-5
Use props
Marc Armes
lvl.1

France

Hi same problem for me. No Solution????? I am with the last firmware and the last Android version!!!!!! Nobody to help us?
2018-5-6
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4

I have not heard back from anyone at DJI.  I even PMed DJI-Electra quite a while back.  I'm guessing that they have no idea what is causing these "aircraft disconnected" issues.  It sure would be nice to get a fix.  It a scary feeling when the app freezes.  It's frustrating when you are somewhere cool filming and this happens.  It really discourages me from flying.
2018-5-6
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has happened to me twice already. The first time was really scarry!! Luckily I have kept control over the drone with the remote but have to fly it back by looking at the drone. The way to fix it quickly is by turning off the remote and then turn it back on. When you do that the phone starts getting a feed again. Not very cool that this keeps happening. We should be getting some answers from DJI.
2018-5-6
Use props
fans31593dcf
lvl.1
France

Is it possible to turn off the remote control when the Mavic is on the air?

Perhaps is better to downgrade the Mavic and remote control on the .700 version? And downgrade the android dji go or use Litchi?
2018-5-6
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4

The times that it happened to me, a restart to the AP and phone did not imprpve the disconnect issue.
2018-5-6
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-5-6 15:59
The times that it happened to me, a restart to the AP and phone did not rsopve the disconnect issue.

Thats right. I had the same experience. Yes, it is possible to turn off the remote while the Mavic is in the air. It would simulate a connection lost and the drone should do what you have set it to do in the settings.
2018-5-6
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-5-6 17:22
Thats right. I had the same experience. Yes, it is possible to turn off the remote while the Mavic is in the air. It would simulate a connection lost and the drone should do what you have set it to do in the settings.

I'd rather fly it back manually.  If it has disconnected, I wouldn't want to risk it coming back to the home point on it's own!
2018-5-6
Use props
Marc Armes
lvl.1

France

What is your version? What is your opinion to downgrade to .700?
2018-5-7
Use props
Karen Ritson Brenan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This sounds like what happened to me, except mine landed in the sea (I retrieved, but it won’t work).  I had no control and return to home didn’t work, I did get a message to cancel landing but nothing happened when I was tapping that.
2018-5-8
Use props
Marc Armes
lvl.1

France

In conclusion What is the solution? Is it possible to contact DJI?
2018-5-9
Use props
Marc Armes
lvl.1

France

https://forum.dji.com/thread-98165-1-1.html

really?
2018-5-9
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

Marc Armes Posted at 2018-5-9 05:04
https://forum.dji.com/thread-98165-1-1.html

really?

Can you be a bit more specific than, "Really?". I read that thread and there is nothing in there that I've not tried and so far, I'm still getting the same message during most flights.  Perhaps you know something I don't.
2018-5-9
Use props
fans31593dcf
lvl.1
France

Me too i am looking for a solution. A lot of people have this issue but no solution...
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules